UPMC Challenge Not Just Good Policy

UPMC Challenge Not Just Good Policy

There are 6 comments on the Keystonepolitics.com story from Apr 9, 2013, titled UPMC Challenge Not Just Good Policy. In it, Keystonepolitics.com reports that:

The poll conducted by Susquehanna Polling & Research of Harrisburg found that 76 percent of those voters support outgoing Mayor Luke Ravenstahl's bid to strip [UPMC]'s property and payroll tax exemptions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Keystonepolitics.com.

Da Old Fool trolls on

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Apr 9, 2013
Certainly, instead of paying fairly assessed taxes to the city, let them spend several billions of dollars closing and rebuilding a dozen world class hospitals AWAY from the region's urban center, rebuilding their medical school, also away from the region's urban core and the principal airport, and to an area that doesn't have the infrastructure to support a tiny fraction of it all... oh fer gawd's sake, the idea is so utterly ludicrous on it's face, that if ya wanna be a little troll, try to come up with a scenario that's at least in the realm of possibility, ya' lame-brained twit!
Da Old Fool trolls on

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Apr 9, 2013
Too big to fail? That's what Dubya Dumazz believed! He practiced the conservative free markets philosophy: profit remains privatized, but risk- and particulary loss- are socialized!

And business goes where the profits are, and that's were your customers are, and where your capital investment was made... do you have even the most rudimentary understanding of a market based economy, twit?
Da Old Fool trolls on

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Apr 10, 2013
And do you understand, twit, that the Pittsburgh urban area extends far beyond the "city proper?" And a "great percentage (conveniently vague, old fool)" of UPMC's city business is not charitable cases, as UPMC's own financials would reveal to you, if you would simply consult them. And, given that the city is a small portion of UPMC's Service area, such purposefully vague assertions on your part are simply meaningless and so irrelevant... much like yourself! And you still won't address UPMC's massive investment in hospital/treatment physical plant in the city, let alone Allegheny County, or their investment in the medical school itself Your assertions of a better "bottom line" being easily achieved by leaving the county is obviously a mound of complete and utter bullsh*t!
Da Old Fool trolls on

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Apr 10, 2013
"Mare" of Pittsburgh? I cannot change the political borders of the City of Pittsburgh, but what is considered the metropolitan area is quite a different matter, twit!(did yo graduate from high school?) And moving UPMC's headquarters outside the city would have absolutely no impact on property tax liabilities, if the charitable protections are stripped from those properties, ya' twit!

Good gawd, but you're an ignorant arse!
Da Old Fool trolls on

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Apr 10, 2013
And if Luke is the "mare" of Pittsburgh, you're clearly the "jackass" of the city!
Donna - UPMC employee

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Jun 14, 2013
Obot wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm - Just too big to move, or fail eh?
Business goes where it's well treated, this business, non-profit or not, is no different. Your ignorance of real life and economics is stunning. Ever wonder why nothing is manufactured in Pittsburgh anymore? This whole thing is the result of Highmark hiring ex Democratic politicians and trying to screw with the competition that they so despise.
I agree with your points - I just wish UPMC would move to Mckessport - McKeesport would welcome UPMC - and it would be 10 minutes closer comute for me.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Non-Profit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Right-wing fringe group building multimedia emp... Mon Logic Analysis 1
News Fourth Muslim group rejects federal grant to fi... Feb 15 Dee Dee Dee 27
News Fourth Muslim group rejects federal grant to fi... Feb 13 Captain Yesterday 21
non profit under a non profit???? Feb 10 treevee 2
News Familly Justice Center opens Thursday Feb 3 Justicereally 1
News The hard work of dismantling racism, one conver... Jan 30 Well Well 2
News Why vaccines don't cause autism Jan 24 FAKE NEWS 1
More from around the web