Brooklyn Township Gets the 411 on Eur...

Brooklyn Township Gets the 411 on European Shale Gas

Posted in the Natural Gas Forum

Joe Massaro

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Jun 13, 2013
Penn State extension educator, Dave Messersmith came to Brooklyn Township and spoke about European shale gas development, it’s complications, and how the continent’s governments are working to develop their shale resources. He also discussed shale development in Pennsylvania and exactly what it’s meant for the agriculture industry.

Dave Messersmith recently visited Northeastern Pennsylvania to speak to a Brooklyn Township landowners group. Messersmith is an extension educator at Penn State and his job focuses on natural gas development in Pennsylvania as well as throughout the Marcellus Shale play. Messersmith recently returned from a trip to Europe where he presented on shale gas development in the United States and how similar benefits can be accrued to European nations that embrace natural gas development.

European Shale Development

While in Europe, Messersmith spent a majority of his time in Poland, educating citizens there on shale gas development that has occurred in the United States. He also noted (see video below) the difference in how mineral rights are handled in the U.S. as opposed to overseas.

To read the full story click here - http://eidmarcellus.org/marcellus-shale/brook...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Gas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need help thanks in advance Aug 22 Brey2326 1
Private natural gas well (Jan '06) Aug 6 David Mitchell 772
News Power generating station beginning to take shape (Jan '08) Jun '16 how they get thei... 121
News TranCanada donates $200K to rink expansion project (Nov '12) May '16 how things get OK... 8
News Worker injured at TransCanada plant (Mar '10) Apr '16 tricky trusts en ... 9
News Power company hunting Harry Apr '16 Flo 1
Natural Gas in my well water Naturally occurrin... (Jan '11) Mar '16 janiegirl1948 9
More from around the web