Unprecedented Number of Sell-Outs Rep...

Unprecedented Number of Sell-Outs Reported Worldwide for 'Michael Jackson's This Is It'

There are 27 comments on the ca.news.finance.yahoo.com story from Sep 28, 2009, titled Unprecedented Number of Sell-Outs Reported Worldwide for 'Michael Jackson's This Is It'. In it, ca.news.finance.yahoo.com reports that:

Sony Pictures Entertainment, in conjunction with Sony Music Entertainment, today announced that the first 24-hours of pre-sales activity for Michael Jackson's This Is It has resulted in record-breaking sales throughout the world as fans secure the first tickets to the two-week, limited engagement of the highly-anticipated motion picture.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ca.news.finance.yahoo.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“This Is It”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#21 Sep 29, 2009
Exonian wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup - Michael moonwalks it once again!
For all those who buy a ticket, they have the added satisfaction of knowing that 90% of profit is going to his estate, with 40% of that going to his children and 20% to charity, as per his wishes.
I can't agree with you anymore.
He is still working WONDERS and breaking RECORDS.
MJ, I miss you so much. Surely I will go to cinema for you punctually.
R.I.P. KING OF POP!
Ricky Bobby

United States

#22 Sep 30, 2009
KB50MJ wrote:
And who said this movie would flop?
Please. This could possibly be the highest opening week for a movie ever.
Its already shattering record.
Any anticipated movie would shatter records if it was only going to be in theaters for 2 weeks. Most movies run 2 or 3 months, so people know they have plenty of time to get to the theater. If you artificially shrink the time you can see an event, you are going to inflate the numbers. It's only a matter of supply and demand, nothing else.
Ricky Bobby

United States

#23 Sep 30, 2009
KB50MJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea I just got mine last night. I'm going to go see it on Halloween at 7:10 p.m.
I can't WAIT.
Yes, Halloween is a great time to see people in freaky outfits.
wenowknowthetrut h

Garland, TX

#24 Oct 1, 2009
Do your homework, 100% of this movie goes to Sony? I don't think so, MJ owed half of Sony....do your homework.
wenowknowthetrut h

Garland, TX

#25 Oct 1, 2009
This was a smart move to only have it in theaters for 2 wks only....Great Marketing! It will be sell out, I plan to see it right away....MJlover4life....KING OF POP!

“Kids ...”

Since: Jan 09

Don't do drugs! <Hee-Hee>

#26 Oct 1, 2009
sunnycoast wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't agree with you anymore.
He is still working WONDERS and breaking RECORDS.
MJ, I miss you so much. Surely I will go to cinema for you punctually.
R.I.P. KING OF POP!
I broke a record too.

Fastest laugh execution by a poster on Topix; Lawl.

I'll make sure to thank my PR-team later. They're doing a good job.

“This Is It”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#27 Oct 3, 2009
lawl wrote:
<quoted text>
I broke a record too.
Fastest laugh execution by a poster on Topix; Lawl.
I'll make sure to thank my PR-team later. They're doing a good job.
LOL.
Just a KIND REMINDER.
There is a COMPLETE and SIGNIFICANT difference between MJ's and your record. Your so-called record is only confirmed by YOURSELF, nothing more.
Wow, it is really strange that someone is COMPLACENT about such MERE NOTHINGNESS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Music Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Guyanese girl shot dead in New York, boyfriend ... Jun 8 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 2
News Bill Clinton took 26 flights with sex-offender ... May '16 IsTrumpDodgingThis 2
News Trump says he was 'blindsided' by Ryan May '16 Go Blue Forever 34
News Hacker who exposed Hillary Clinton's private em... May '16 Your Nominee Craz... 1
News CBC Members React to Tubman on $20 Bill May '16 Three Days 1
News Concerns Over Sony's Market Power Leads Rivals ... Apr '16 RIP Prince 1
News a North Korea gives conditions for stopping nuc... Apr '16 alice zilian 1
More from around the web