2 charged in death of Philly-area marijuana dealer

There are 2 comments on the Aug 24, 2009, The York Daily Record story titled 2 charged in death of Philly-area marijuana dealer. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Authorities in suburban Philadelphia have announced the arrest of two men in the shooting death of a marijuana dealer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

jsknow

United States

#1 Aug 24, 2009
My sincere condolences to the deceased’s friends and family. This event graphically exemplifies how unnecessary death is occurring on the streets of our Country. The failed policy of the drug war must be revised. Ask yourself this question… Did the drugs cause death in this case or was it drug prohibition laws that brought on death? The year alcohol prohibition ended violent crime fell by 65%. Al Capone didn't kill people because he was drunk, he killed people that got between him and his drug money. Prohibition fuels an un-regulated, un-taxed illegal market. End the prohibition and replace it with drug regulation and honest education. Drug addiction should be addressed as a health issue not a crime. There has only been one successful anti-drug campaign, it targeted tobacco. Almost half of all smokers stopped using that highly addictive drug and no one went to jail or got hurt or killed. IT CAME ABOUT THROUGH EDUCATION NOT A WAR ON TOBACCO USERS. Regulating drugs is the only sensible answer to ending the multitude of harmful consequences caused by the failed policies of drug prohibition and the drug war. Where there is a demand and the ability to pay the price there will always be a supply. If we remove the ability to profit from illegal drug sales we remove a long list of problems.
More information about drug laws:
Using Internet Explorer web browser: http://jsknow.angelfire.com/home
With All Other Browsers: http://jsknow.angelfire.com/index.html
Florida Medical Petition: www.pufmm.com
LLLou

Sainte Genevieve, MO

#2 Aug 25, 2009
Exactly right, the violence and harm come from the failed Drug laws. If people were allowed to grow their own Cannabis there would be NO market for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Music Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mayor seeks $51,000 raise after cutting predece... Apr 20 DILF 7
News Rapper Nelly Arrested on Felony Drug Charges Apr 12 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News When It Comes To Insurance, Mental Health Parit... Apr 7 JEngdahlJ 6
News Daniel Craig injures knee filming new Bond film Apr 7 ZIONIST HLWD 1
News Azealia Banks Blasts Middle America: "I Hate Fa... Mar '15 Brody 1
News Univision's Rodner Figueroa fired for Michelle ... Mar '15 DurengMangio 5
News Joint birthday party for NY couple married 82 y... Mar '15 Spotted Girl 2
More from around the web