Channel 2 sets news lineup -- Televis...

Channel 2 sets news lineup -- Television Industry, San Diego Co...

There are 53 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 2, 2008, titled Channel 2 sets news lineup -- Television Industry, San Diego Co.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Roseanne Tellez and newcomer Anne State will split Diann Burns' WBBM-Ch. 2 anchor duties and WMAQ-Ch. 5 import Ryan Baker will succeed lead sportscaster Mark Malone as part of a major news realignment at the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jane wymann

Springfield, IL

#2 Apr 2, 2008
Its all racism!
vanilla ice

Lisle, IL

#4 Apr 2, 2008
Diane Burns is a race baiting idiot. Blames Whitey when things do not go her way. But lives in the heart of Lincoln Park, as far away from black reality as possible. Enjoy your unemployment, hope you squirreled away some of your 2 mil a year, multi-million dollar homes with a Lincoln park lifestyle need a lot of fresh cash infusions.
Mitch

Saint Joseph, MI

#5 Apr 2, 2008
WBBM is in real trouble. They have to turn up the heat factor significantly if they want to win me over as a viewer. A bulbous Roseanne Tellez and Anne State (who looks like a PTA mom) just isn't gonna cut it for me. For starters, how about bringing in the so-called "Latina Bombshell" that just got canned in Philly? Then maybe former Rocketboom pinup Amanda Congdon or Cheryl Burton from WLS.
Chuck

AOL

#6 Apr 2, 2008
I get the feeling Diann Burns may have to leave Chicago, if she wants to work as an anchor on a late local newscast.

She can't go back to Channel 7. Channels 5, 9, and 32 seem pretty well set.

She could do early evening or midday news, but that would mean a pay cut, and I don't think most GMs in Chicago want to deal with her prima donna attitude, or her husband, who is her agent.
strut2k

Downers Grove, IL

#7 Apr 2, 2008
Who does mornings? Jim Williams and Susan Carlson? She's fine, he has a thankless load taking Randy Salerno's place. They had great chemestry in the morning, but Randy was key. They had to move Roseanne, she has seemed lost without him. That team needed Bob Sirott to step up, but he's not available.

Who replaces Jim Williams weekends? With the mighty Mai Martinez? They also need a weekend weather person?

Oh boy...
Tom

Chicago, IL

#8 Apr 2, 2008
$2 million a year to do 1/2 hour of work a day?!

Sign me up!
krebs

Kathmandu, Nepal

#9 Apr 3, 2008
I miss the news. Even channel 2.
Ryan

Sandwich, IL

#10 Apr 3, 2008
krebs - get back to work.
upstairs downstairs

Lyons, IL

#11 Apr 3, 2008
Still not going to watch channel 2
B K Ray

Chicago, IL

#12 Apr 3, 2008
Wow. While I have never been that much of a fan of Chicago's sucking, cookie-cutter local news, I have to say I am surprised at the vitriol aimed at Diann Burns. I can not say if she was a victim of racism by her contractor, but she is definitely a victim of racism on these boards.

All Chicago news programs would do better snatching people off the street to read and WRITE the news. The newscasting sucks and apparently so do a good number of the viewers
mike b

Glenview, IL

#13 Apr 3, 2008
Cookie-cutter local news is correct. They all show the same stories and the same clips. They are all pretty lame and useless as far as 'news' goes. What a waste of resources.
theoutlaw

Phoenix, AZ

#14 Apr 3, 2008
Tom wrote:
$2 million a year to do 1/2 hour of work a day?!
Sign me up!
To read a teleprompter correct? What a Country!!!!!!!!!!
John

San Jose, CA

#15 Apr 3, 2008
B K Ray wrote:
Wow. While I have never been that much of a fan of Chicago's sucking, cookie-cutter local news, I have to say I am surprised at the vitriol aimed at Diann Burns. I can not say if she was a victim of racism by her contractor, but she is definitely a victim of racism on these boards.
All Chicago news programs would do better snatching people off the street to read and WRITE the news. The newscasting sucks and apparently so do a good number of the viewers
Sorry BK, she has a well known history of playing the race card. If she is okay with playing the card she better be willing to deal with the consequences and comments.

Since: Apr 08

Chicago, IL

#17 Apr 3, 2008
Alison Rosati is a ding bat!
Pal

United States

#18 Apr 3, 2008
Don't care-don't watch Channel 2 news ever!
Computer Guy

Joliet, IL

#19 Apr 3, 2008
At least we won't be subject to the frequent herpes outbreaks regularly seen on the face of Diann Burns any longer.
keri cella

Hammond, IN

#20 Apr 3, 2008
Who watches the news anymore? Especially the network news. Couric? No thanks!
Scumbag

Canonsburg, PA

#21 Apr 3, 2008
Diane Burns' husband is an evil animal killer! He goes to Africa and kills elephants, giraffes, etc., and makes videos of it! I don't care what color you are; that's WRONG! He should be taken out and shot himself! Put that on the news!
ORD

Canonsburg, PA

#22 Apr 3, 2008
No, it's Malone that has herpes. That crap happens when you cheat on your wife all the time
SAND

Chicago, IL

#24 Apr 3, 2008
jane wymann wrote:
Its all racism!
I M SORRY?
IT IS NOT RACISM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Media Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wife Of Keith Lamont Scott Releases Cell Phone ... (Sep '16) 13 min Angel at night 14
News Do you think Scott Peterson got a fair trial? (Jul '12) Mon nnono 80
News Female mechanics spark gender revolution in Iraq Mon fun all over 1
News The Latest: Trump says only crime is leaks 'aga... Mon Professional Opin... 25
News New York, California Moving to Permit Illegal A... Sun Wildchild 7
News John Heard, Chester Bennington, Martin Landau a... Jul 22 a swa ff 1
News Even with Trump warning, Mueller likely to prob... Jul 22 Ms Sassy 1
More from around the web