Deer Valley: snowboarding ban will re...

Deer Valley: snowboarding ban will remain intact - The Park Record

There are 28 comments on the Park Record story from Nov 25, 2011, titled Deer Valley: snowboarding ban will remain intact - The Park Record. In it, Park Record reports that:

Deer Valley Resort says it intends to keep its snowboarding ban intact, a policy that has been in place since the resort opened in the early 1980s.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Park Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
david

Coalville, UT

#23 Nov 27, 2011
pc skier...I don't know where you're coming from with that remark...can you explain yourself?
Edward

West Jordan, UT

#24 Nov 27, 2011
Have no clue what SCOTTS response to BOSTON means? Not seeing any intelligent articulation of the a boarders side of the story in this tread...

Reading these postings I see it as Skiers: 8 Boarders -4.

PLEASE... is there a boarder out there that can make a reasonable argument against the DV policy?
pigo

Idaho Falls, ID

#25 Nov 28, 2011
With so many ski areas having already been ruined by snowboreds why do they want the last two. What is the thought process that makes them say "we must have all, you can have none"? Is it the same one that makes them so objectionable in the first place?

I have not and will not ski where they are allowed. It's been more than 10 years since I've had to deal with the lack of soft snow, nice crud, and general ignorance.
Snowboarder

Salt Lake City, UT

#26 Nov 28, 2011
Part time resident wrote:
As a Skier whose wife was run over by a snowboarder, we ski Deer Valley. I don't dislike the boarders but feel safer without them. There are numerous resorts in the PC and SLC area that allow boarders so who cares if DV excludes them. As for the other poster that thinks that the grey hairs will die out and leave no demand for DV, think again. My teenagers, and the teenagers and kids of the grey hairs that you mention love skiing at DV. So you just keep boarding all over town, just not at DV. It will continue to thrive. Have a nice life and respect the choices that we all make and where we choose to spend time with our families.
As a snowboarder who has had the misfortune of twice being hit by out-of-control old men on skis, I'm VERY happy to avoid Deer Valley. The hundreds of old men with waning skills would just increase my chances of being hit again!
Passes at both resorts

Phoenix, AZ

#27 Nov 28, 2011
Asking the "skiing" customers at Deer Valley if snow boarding should be banned is like asking a "smoker" if smoking should be banned in restaurants. Good luck on getting a statistically valid return. It's only a matter of time before the St Regis and Montage put the pressure on Deer Valley to allow snowboarders so they can appeal to families and more importantly book rooms. Boils down to economics.
Tom

San Diego, CA

#28 Nov 28, 2011
Love to ski deer valley when in Park City but I must say I feel young @ 50 when I'm there. Wow these skiers are old and bad. See ya @Christmas.
PC Resident

Salt Lake City, UT

#29 Nov 29, 2011
It's simply a matter of perception and the right to run their business as they see fit. Deer Valley perceives that their clients prefer to have a mountain experience that is skiers only. Right or wrong - that is their decision to make. Until their customers tell them different or they feel they are losing money, things will stay the way they are.

Why would they poll non-customers to see if they should change their policy?? Doesn't make any sense.

When you open your head shop, are you going to let "The Man" tell you that you have to carry both Magic Glass and Black Leaf bongs? It's your head shop and you can carry any legal product you want.

Same with DV - they can choose to run their resort any way the want - so long as it is legal. And skiers only is legal.

And I am part of the 99%. I don't ski DV cause I don't like the snobs or their high prices. But I do respect their decision to run their resort the way they want.
Joe

United States

#30 Jan 11, 2013
Part time resident wrote:
As a Skier whose wife was run over by a snowboarder, we ski Deer Valley. I don't dislike the boarders but feel safer without them. There are numerous resorts in the PC and SLC area that allow boarders so who cares if DV excludes them. As for the other poster that thinks that the grey hairs will die out and leave no demand for DV, think again. My teenagers, and the teenagers and kids of the grey hairs that you mention love skiing at DV. So you just keep boarding all over town, just not at DV. It will continue to thrive. Have a nice life and respect the choices that we all make and where we choose to spend time with our families.
As a skier and snowboarder, I have been hit by both skiers and snowboarders. If you don't want to get hit, stay home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marketing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 20 hr guest 205
News Lucasfilm, Nissan, Gillette, Duracell, General ... Aug 23 George 2
News Www.CoryandTopanga.Com No Longer Exists, Consid... (Aug '07) Aug 14 beastbomb 52
News Former Saulite 'dips toe' into Canadian market Aug 11 Bill 1
News Planning for the next five years Aug 10 yer City 1
The Price Fixers and American Ridicule by Patri... Aug 10 Patricia_McGurk 1
News Imagination, motivation helps interns gain edge - (Dec '08) Aug 10 andrews 24
More from around the web