Direct marketing ain't what it used to be-it's better

Jan 21, 2008 Full story: BtoB Magazine

When I started my career, direct marketing was treated somewhat like the black sheep of the advertising world. via BtoB Magazine

Read more

“Direct Marketing Online”

Since: Apr 07

Singapore

#1 Jan 25, 2008
I certainly agree. We use to target at limited audiences because databases were harder to built. We also used fewer types of media. In such a situation we hit the limits of constraint quickly creating marketing fatigue.

With today's constantly expanding databases and audiences reachable by the increasing variety of personal media... the limits of constraint have been pushed further and constantly so. Hence direct marketing is able to create a more enjoyable and meaningful experience

Since: Sep 12

Delhi, India

#3 Nov 27, 2012
You are right. Now a days many company are providing direct marketing product such as telemarketing list, mailing list etc
Mathew Frost

Buffalo, NY

#6 Jan 21, 2014
Personally, even I would go for direct mailing services ( http://www.troimail.com/services/ ) only. I've started feeling that with increasing technologies and online methods, indirectly though, direct mailing value has increased. When a consumer receives a mail which is personalized, the consumer will definitely feel special and the chance of responding will be more compared to online methods.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marketing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Huge Trouble at Foreign Toyota (May '09) Fri Skeptix 286
News Freelancer launches domain and website marketpl... Thu Freelancer Download 1
News Ferrell, Hart defend 'Get Hard' after a jolt of... Mar 25 Mitt s Polygamous... 14
News Are There Any Legitimate Adult Dating Sites Out... (May '10) Mar 24 smashhits 38
News Long Beach City Council 4th District election: ... Mar 23 header 1
News Do You Really Need an SEO Expert for your Local... (Mar '14) Mar 22 emmettjudddf9 6
News IAC plant in Old Fort to lay off 60 workers (Oct '08) Mar 22 Gary 10
More from around the web