Bill Ackman: Shutting Down Herbalife Would Be 'The Greatest Achievement Of My Life'

Jun 4, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Silicon Alley Insider

Activist investor Bill Ackman, who runs $12 billion Pershing Square Capital, did a Q&A with the Financial Times about his philanthropic work with the Pershing Square Foundation.

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Jun 27, 2013
Analyzer

Houston, TX

#1 Jun 27, 2013
Isn't it obvious that Herbalife is trying to go private to avoid regulatory requirements? If they go private, then they will not be forced to show that their earnings are based heavily on signing up distributors versus sales? If you move autoship from the equation, then what's factored as 'potential to earn' for distributors becomes obsolete. Another approach would be to look at the distriburor's required purchase. If we take this element too out of the sales, then the assessment of the bottom line will equate to a pyramid operated business.

With the launch of new product/distributor opps, Herbalifeme may have reached Iits point. The diet/supplement market abd income possibility is now saturated.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marketing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Saxmundham: Driver fumes after being hit by cig... Aug 24 SPARKY 2
Todd Starnes Atheist group fired up over pizza ... Aug 23 who cares 2
Western Refining Adds Victory Electronic Cigare... Aug 22 Txn 12
Startup attorney forms group to get more women ... Aug 22 Jack Meoff 2
State should rethink closing sheltered workshops (Oct '07) Aug 21 tim bennett 16
DRDO launches 'Lukoskin' herbal care product fo... (Sep '11) Aug 21 Rajeev 1,059
Quick & Simple magazine closing reported (Jul '08) Aug 20 Sharon Spicer 48
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Marketing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••