Ohio injured workers fund battling pa...

Ohio injured workers fund battling painkillers

There are 4 comments on the WTVG-TV Toledo story from Jul 27, 2012, titled Ohio injured workers fund battling painkillers. In it, WTVG-TV Toledo reports that:

Nearly a third of the prescriptions the state's insurance fund for injured workers paid for last year were for powerful narcotics, part of a 37 percent increase in the use of such drugs - mainly addictive painkillers - the agency has seen among off-the-job employees over the past 10 years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVG-TV Toledo.

Sheik Yerbouti

Richmond, IN

#1 Jul 28, 2012
This is beyond barbaric! Now a state agency is forcing injured workers to suffer unnecessarily because bureaucrats with no medical training have been infected with the current anti pain drug hysteria! The state has no business in the doctor patient relationship! I hope decent compassionate doctors fight this. It prevents them for treating their patient's pain properly and humanely.
multiwire

Selden, NY

#2 Jul 29, 2012
It must be nice not having pain 24-7. Some people don't have a clue.
multiwire

Selden, NY

#3 Jul 29, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
This is beyond barbaric! Now a state agency is forcing injured workers to suffer unnecessarily because bureaucrats with no medical training have been infected with the current anti pain drug hysteria! The state has no business in the doctor patient relationship! I hope decent compassionate doctors fight this. It prevents them for treating their patient's pain properly and humanely.
I agree 100%.They don't have a clue what it's like dealing with pain 24-7.
ladirace

Jackson, OH

#4 Oct 17, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
The problem with BWC is that it takes forever to get medical care approved and the workers continue in pain instead of treating the injured workers medical issues. My son was hurt severely in a accident at work because his co-worker was talking on a cell phone and he was crushed on his left side. He was seen at ER and released instead of appropriate medical care (admitted and observed) He is only in his twenties and his siactic nerve was snapped and it took months to get the appropriate tests due to waiting for approval. This was several years ago and now he suffers with pain and even more injuries due to BWC procrastinating. If they would respond instead of mess around and take care of the Injured workers it would be more cost effective. They want to barter on a injured workers injuries. If you have a medical person you know let them check your records on the BWC site. An RN is a good idea because they list acute conditions for chronic issues. Its terrible and its all about money. I am in the medical profession myself and I was appaulded at the medical care provided. You can also contact an ombudsman if you feel you are not receiving the care you should Also they hire a contractor for case manager that are idiots because they don't manage your medical care they harrass you to go back to work. What a waste of money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marketing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michelle Obama: 'Any woman who voted against Hi... 4 hr DJTrump 440
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 18 hr neighbor 2,560
News New feature sends you a snapshot of your mail b... Oct 15 theirchildren 3
News Arnold Schneider's Best-Performing Stocks (Oct '16) Oct 14 Flint MI 4
News Minnesota Lottery to offer online 'scratch-off'... (Mar '14) Oct 13 Health Stock failure 19
News A school was evacuated over a - strange odor.' ... Oct 12 Sublime1 41
News Texas solar industry watches as trade case move... Oct 5 Solarman 3
More from around the web