The Trouble with "Gaywashing"

The Trouble with "Gaywashing"

There are 3 comments on the www.triplepundit.com story from Jan 3, 2013, titled The Trouble with "Gaywashing". In it, www.triplepundit.com reports that:

Support for queer issues can pay off for savvy companies. But, gay-themed marketing isn't always a golden ticket and poorly thought-out spending can quickly damage reputations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.triplepundit.com.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#1 Jan 3, 2013
I have nothing in particular again booze companies like Absolut, but it seems unfortunate that whenever one picks up a print gay rag and looks at the ads placed by mainstream companies, they are mostly for booze and beer. This has been true since the 1970's except perhaps for a period during the worst of AIDS when they seemed to be outnumbered by a bunch of horrible "viatical settlement" ads (i.e. get some dough to live on before you kick off, broguht to you by your favourite vultures). It still would be nice to see ads for more ordinary things. Don't companies like Procter and Gamble realize gay people use toothpaste and laundry detergent, too?
Chance

Grove City, PA

#3 Jan 3, 2013
JCPenney sure blew it with their gay brainwashing.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#4 Jan 4, 2013
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Most queers are alcoholics and hardly any believe in hygiene. They're just trying to make money.
And you know this because?...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marketing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 18 hr 69Chevelle 1,333
News WebCreationUK partners with TrustSpot to add cu... Sat FoneReputation 1
News Reputation Management in the Digital Age Sat FoneReputation 1
News Official Heckler And Koch 22Lr Replica Rifles (Jan '10) Sat Say What 6
News Minnesota Lottery to offer online 'scratch-off'... (Mar '14) Mar 21 Trumptard Abandon... 16
News Apple now lets you restore deleted iPhone files (Aug '15) Mar 20 rebeccafashion 4
News Anti-Trump Albuquerque Businessman Appears on T... Mar 19 lambert 3
More from around the web