Ore-Ida Brand Takes the Hassle Out of...

Ore-Ida Brand Takes the Hassle Out of Homemade Mashed Potatoes...

There are 26 comments on the PRWeb story from Sep 16, 2008, titled Ore-Ida Brand Takes the Hassle Out of Homemade Mashed Potatoes.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

PITTSBURGH September 16, 2008 -- Available nationally, Ore-Ida Steam n' Mash products take the hassle out of making homemade mashed potatoes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mary Knowles

Rochester, NY

#1 Oct 13, 2008
I am very UNHAPPY with your new Steam n Mash. If I wanted to go backwards in time, I would buy whole potatoes & peel them. I do not even own a masher. Why do you change something when it wasn't broken. Also the price in out of line.
hillbilly

Marshall, MN

#2 Oct 13, 2008
I love taters
Norma Eichelberger

Winamac, IN

#3 Oct 16, 2008
I liked the Ore-Ida mashed potatoes I have been using MUCH better than the steam & mash new product. If guests dropped in, I could stir up more than one pan at a time/to all get done at the same time. Being a senior,I can't use up a bag of potatoes before some get soft. The mashed-as you had been producing, were always fresh,just like fresh peeled "spuds" and never the mess of adding milk, butter etc and then mashing. PLEASE bring back what we have come to love!!!!
Lynne in Cleveland OH

Bay Village, OH

#4 Nov 23, 2008
Can't believe you don't carry the original mashed potatoes anymore. The new product is NOT a quick fix at all....we don't want to mash or we'd be doing it from scratch. Poor choice...bought bob evans instead till we can find a good replacement. I was told that you didn't make the original mashed anymore but couldn't believe it!!
Kathy from Long Island

Levittown, NY

#5 Dec 12, 2008
I agree with others, if I wanted to Mashed I would peel the potatoes as well. Great taste and easy to make, bring back the Homestyle mashed potatoes.
Miss orig mashed taters

Grinnell, IA

#6 Jan 14, 2009
Please bring back the original frozen mashed potatoes, I liked them much better than the new steam and mash varieties. Hopefully the original Ore-Ida mashed potatoes will be offered again. I think the new versions are terrible. They taste totally "fake", rubbery and don't have a good consistency.
Nashville TN

Paducah, KY

#7 Mar 28, 2009
Why in the world would you discontinue an excellent product like the "old" mashed potatoes and replace them with the Steam'n Fresh ones? With the Steam'n Fresh you don't really have a choice of preparing part of the bag and then you have to MASH them intead of just stirring them up with milk & butter. I feel like you have totally screwed up.
Capt Wierd

Cumberland, MD

#8 Apr 6, 2009
Yes, Bring back the Ore-Ida mashed potatoes, they were the greatest. Family members who have had dinner at my house raved about the mashed potatoes I served. And left-overs make fantastic potato pancakes
What the hell is wrong with this company?? Don't fix what ain't broken, basic rule of business.
I don't want to see these guys on a list for a "bailout", go peel some spuds and bring back the Frozen Mashed Potatoes!!!!! D'oh
Lititz PA

Grand Prairie, TX

#9 May 6, 2009
I gave the new Steam'n Mash a chance and I don't like them at all. Until I see the old Ore-Ida frozen mashed potatoes, I'll do it old-school. Please bring back the original!!! I won't waste my money on the steam'n mash.
Capt Wierd

Cumberland, MD

#10 Jun 14, 2009
Well, I actually got a response from Ore-Ida, it doesn't look like they've gotten the message but they did send me some coupons for Ore-Ida products, unfortunately, Frozen Mashed Potatoes were not included. Anybody want any coupons????
Roe

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Dec 22, 2009
I totally agree i do not like the new steam and mash. The original frojen mashed potatoes were the best. They taste just like hommade. I am so upset that they are not available. I have been searching for them but didn't realize that they didn't make them until i looked them up and found this site. I will not buy the steam and mash i am in a tivy becaus i would make the originals for the holidays and now i need to find an alternative. i hope they bring the original ones back.
KathyJ

Irmo, SC

#12 Feb 12, 2010
I really miss your old mashed potatoes. They were fast and easy. So disappointed
capt wierd

Marcus Hook, PA

#13 Mar 7, 2010
Well I no longer buy any Ore-Ida products, if this is the way they treat loyal customers, the hell with them and their parent company Heinz
If it's Ore-Ida, it's no longer alrighta
JanetL

United States

#14 Oct 2, 2010
Come on... Ore ida (Heinz) bring back the old mashers okay. You can see you are loosing money here! Just think of all the people not posting their complaints. Not to mention... we the consumer drive the business
Pleeeeease!
brian mundorf

Joliet, IL

#15 Feb 16, 2011
i loved those mashed potatoes i dont like the steam and mash. bring back the origin one please
Lanisue

Thomasville, GA

#16 Feb 21, 2011
I WILL GLADLY STAY WITH MY FAVORITE! SCHWANS HAS GARLIC MASHED AND ORIGINAL. EASY AND AFFORDABLE, ZIP CLOSE ,
USE ONLY WHAT YOU NEED!LOVE IT!
Janice

United States

#17 Sep 2, 2011
I don't like the steam and mash either.
Jamagirl

Lansing, MI

#18 Nov 8, 2011
I'm still waiting... I'm too lazy to mash and the former kind of potatoes were just what I wanted. Won't buy chunks and mash.
Capt Wierd

United States

#19 Nov 9, 2011
Well, its now over 3 years since the demise of Ore-Ida Frozen Mashed potatoes and I'm sticking with my boycott of Ore-Ida and Heinz products, if Heinz doesn't care about its customers, I could care less about Heinz. As it turns out, it's easy to replace one brand for another
SarainTexas

Columbus, TX

#20 Jul 19, 2012
Steam/mash THUMBS DOWN. BRING BACK REAL IDAHO frozen mashed potatoes. They were great. This new stuff is no good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marketing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SickKids to benefit from Halton Hills Topper's ... Fri Doc 1
News What Is Prince's Legacy Worth? The Tax Man Want... Apr 27 Amused Octopus 1
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) Apr 24 guest 136
News Halton on the right track (Jul '14) Apr 24 is the GTA 4
News Why your search traffic just dropped Apr 20 jeraldhansen 2
News Restaurant consortium bringing owners together ... (Jan '08) Apr 20 Donna 19
News Municipal election 2014: Ward 2 candidates answer (Oct '14) Apr 12 what Clark done 4 u 9
More from around the web