Shutdown spawns vacuum in farm market...

Shutdown spawns vacuum in farm market information

There are 5 comments on the Sunherald.com story from Oct 7, 2013, titled Shutdown spawns vacuum in farm market information. In it, Sunherald.com reports that:

"We have no clue what is going on in the market," said Peterson, who farms near Monument in northwest Kansas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sunherald.com.

Justin

United States

#1 Oct 7, 2013
In 2013, farmers depend on the federal government to tell them what to plant and when to sell?

Wow, that so innovative and efficient. So very progressive. I guess my next steak will come from Mexico.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#2 Oct 7, 2013
Justin wrote:
In 2013, farmers depend on the federal government to tell them what to plant and when to sell?
Wow, that so innovative and efficient. So very progressive. I guess my next steak will come from Mexico.
It's all going to come from Mexico when farmers' decisions are based on scripture rather than science.
Justin

United States

#3 Oct 7, 2013
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>It's all going to come from Mexico when farmers' decisions are based on scripture rather than science.
When crops are grown in Mexico, then it's based on scripture. There are more Catholic farmers in Mexico than there are in the United States.

There are other sources for weather data besides the Federal government, and the only "market" that a farmer should concern himself with is the local market where he drops off his produce. What retailers and customers are buying and how much do they want; again the Federal government is not the best judge. The Fed is more concerned with counting beans than growing them.
Debts Collector

Fishers, IN

#4 Oct 7, 2013
hu let the cow out!!;-000
Justin

United States

#6 Oct 8, 2013
What does it mean to "spawn a vacuum" anyhow?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marketing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Planned Parenthood Sells Hormone Poisoning, Gen... Wed cpeter1313 3
News Fort Loudon Inn to be restored (Mar '09) Wed Test 20
News State should rethink closing sheltered workshops (Oct '07) Jan 15 Bruce 23
News Halton Hills business team with local non-profi... (Dec '14) Jan 13 lotsa dodgy here 2 4
News Schwan's Home Delivery, Pro Football Great Jaso... Jan 11 WelbyMD 1
News On Blast: H&M Sparks Outrage Over Black Boy In ... Jan 9 Paul 5
News Wrangler , George Strait Concert Live Stream Ge... (Nov '16) Jan 7 Harleygirl 3
More from around the web