Media fight on the right over GOP

There are 8 comments on the Nov 11, 2012, Politico story titled Media fight on the right over GOP. In it, Politico reports that:

Months before the election, the conservative radio host made a prediction: "If Obama wins, the Republican Party is going to try to maneuver things so conservatives get blamed." On the night of Nov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Politico.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Marchin

United States

#72 Nov 12, 2012
Best coverage of election night goes to CNN. Their graphics, computerization of states, and counties was far superior than FOX.

CNN dug down deep into individual counties in the states, not so, FOX.

One heard states called for Obama by CNN and then when you switched to FOX, they were behind in their predictions for these same states!

Karl Rove and Dick Morris lost their integrity with their feckless predictions. They looked to the numbers, percentages- past and present- and forgot about emotions and organization.

FOX needs to get rid of the pretty girls and get some in-depth qualified reporting and follow CNN lead with digesting election news.

2014 is coming next!

Let's start a shellacking of democrat senators in '14

Latinos are family oriented, religious and hard workers, they BELONG UNDER THE REPUBLICAN TENT!

Republicans should NOT let FL become the next democrat dominated state, like CA. Grab the opportunity to take back latinos. They are natural republicans, not democrats.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#73 Nov 12, 2012
Storm Warning wrote:
So now we have finished this arranged spectacle of a farce election,
Are you people really that stupid to think you have a choice,?
Is there any sane person who didn't know Mitt Romney didn't stand a snowballs chance in hell of getting Ron Paul voters and independants to rally behind him to stop obama.?
Fact is Obama didn't have any voters he didnt have last time, Jews zionists and Sexual deviates, Union fools who would vote for a cocker spaniel if the union said so. Pot heads and illegal aliens , the usual dead voting in Illinois and blacks voting from prison.
It was his opposition that was bungled so badly it could only have been deliberate.
This Rinsed Priapus (rience Prebus) fool couldn't even deliver his own state that had gone majority Republican only a short time earlier.
Now when I have to listen to these neo cons whine about the loss at least I can say to them its a vote for you that is the vote that was wasted, money given to you was pizzed to the wind.
Not one mention from this limp wristed mormon zionist mitt biff frat boy from the liberal east coast, that the Republican leadership shoved down our throats, about illegal aliens,
Not the slightest suggestion that Israel has bought way to many of our leaders.
Hell the NRA leadership was stupid enough to buy this hogwash and endorse a clown who was gonna dig up the guy who wrote the patriot act, mr Satan himself Chertoff and bring him back for another round. Apparently mr big zionist nero con didnt have a problem with the homoland security checking his jewels with chertoff's nudie scanners.
Not one mention that the population does not want any more non white immigration.
Not a single peep that Obama was the person who ripped off the seniors and disabled of their cost of living increase for not one but 2 years straight,
a set up clear and simple your being asked to hand over everything your people worked for to the scum of the earth.
No one has done anything about fat cats raising the utility rate so they can give them selves huge raises.
The unions standing around dickless while the rich continue to steal pension funds while they support the workers struggle in zimbabwe.
Not one mention from either candidate that according to Genocide watch, the government of South Africa is Murdering the Whites living there
and your being told your daughter should marry a disgusting ape. When are you gonna grow a pair of gonads ?
"Is there any sane person who didn't know Mitt Romney didn't stand a snowballs chance in hell of getting Ron Paul voters and independants to rally behind him to stop obama?"

"Not a single peep that Obama was the person who ripped off the seniors and disabled of their cost of living increase for not one but 2 years straight"

Cost of living increases are determined by formula,
not presidential whims.

Not a single peep of thanks to Obama for the payroll tax holiday.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#74 Nov 12, 2012
Chicopee wrote:
<quoted text>
What is with you people?
The majority of job creators in this country are the small businesses that currently employ over half of all Americans. Some are doing well and some are barely hanging on, waiting for the economy to pick up, waiting for citizens to buy their prodects or services.
A lot of them are owned by a single individual, who doesn't have his or her fingers in the bottomless well of money that our government likes to throw at some companies...usually ones that are about to fail. When the payroll, the taxes, the insurance (several kinds) and all other expenses that it takes to run a business isn't coming in, what do you expect them to do, especially if the economy isn't growing and improving? Pick the money needed off the tree in their back yard?
The vast majority of business owners aren't the 1%. Those fat cats are way at the top of the heap, they're the ones that own or run the banks, mortgage companies and stock traders. And there really aren't that many of them.
Sure, tax the crap out of them, since you seem to think that the American public somehow has the right to confiscate their money.
But at least make an effort to learn the difference between what our government calls "wealthy" which is $200,000 a yr individual, or $250,000 a year married couple, and the 1%, which are those who earn multiple millions a year.
Then take a quick peek at tax codes and you'll find that a lot of small business owners are taxed as individuals, which means their tax rate (bracket) starts at what they're business pulled in (net)...that's the amount before wages and all other costs are taken out and usually far more than the business owner ends up keeping as profit (gross).
Then you might understand why it's not so wise to increase taxes on the "wealthy" and especially since their taxes are already going to increase starting January 1st, 2013, a fact that didn't really get talked about during the endless campaign we just suffered through, and I'm not talking about the Bush tax cuts set to expire, either.
hey stupid. "NET" is the profit you have after expences are deducted. That includes wages. You pay taxes on net profits not gross sales. That is the difference between sales tax and income tax.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#75 Nov 12, 2012
The Conservative Entertainment Complex has fleeced, distorted and lead astray the entire Right Wing Radicals by telling them what they want to hear despite the vast majority of America rejecting those stale ideas.

The Knuckle dragging Neanderthals loss again.

“All power to the people.”

Since: Mar 07

San Diego, CA

#76 Nov 12, 2012
Eighthman wrote:
I think Benghazi will do wonders for the GOP. However, it won't bring Chris Stevens and those Navy Seals back. That's why they are changing Veteran's Day to "STAND DOWN DAY" in honor of Obama, our Irish-Kenyan liar in chief.
Keep trying.
Chicopee

Danbury, CT

#77 Nov 12, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>hey stupid. "NET" is the profit you have after expences are deducted. That includes wages. You pay taxes on net profits not gross sales. That is the difference between sales tax and income tax.
Yes, I realized as soon as I hit the key to post the comment that I had transposed the two. Oops.
Many small companies taxes are based on gross sales. They get a lot of deductions that aren't available filing another way, but tend to pay slightly higher tax rates on their profit.
My ex-uncle has a small construction company with only a few employees and for bigger jobs, he subbed out some of the work, and this is how he used to file. And the only reason I know that is because my aunt kept his books and was constantly griping because he was terrible at keeping bills and reciepts and she had to spend a lot of time calling lumber yards, subs and suppliers, chasing down copies so that they could use the deductions. They were audited three times in five years (with no mistakes, fines or penalties) and the third time, being the wiseguy that she is, she simply threw all the reciepts into one big box and placed that on the desk in their home office when the auditer asked for the records.
They were never audited again.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#78 Nov 13, 2012
Taxes apply to profits. Deductions are expenses, expenses deducted from revenue gives you your profits, which taxes are applied.

Quarterly Taxes can be filed, your quarterly payments will satisfy you year end tax liabilities.
Chicopee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I realized as soon as I hit the key to post the comment that I had transposed the two. Oops.
Many small companies taxes are based on gross sales. They get a lot of deductions that aren't available filing another way, but tend to pay slightly higher tax rates on their profit.
My ex-uncle has a small construction company with only a few employees and for bigger jobs, he subbed out some of the work, and this is how he used to file. And the only reason I know that is because my aunt kept his books and was constantly griping because he was terrible at keeping bills and reciepts and she had to spend a lot of time calling lumber yards, subs and suppliers, chasing down copies so that they could use the deductions. They were audited three times in five years (with no mistakes, fines or penalties) and the third time, being the wiseguy that she is, she simply threw all the reciepts into one big box and placed that on the desk in their home office when the auditer asked for the records.
They were never audited again.
Chicopee

Danbury, CT

#79 Nov 13, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
Taxes apply to profits. Deductions are expenses, expenses deducted from revenue gives you your profits, which taxes are applied.
Quarterly Taxes can be filed, your quarterly payments will satisfy you year end tax liabilities.
<quoted text>
That's what I said, though I didn't mention the quarterly payments.
The individual is the business...sole owner or sole proprietor. Gross earnings minus allowable deductions. Full personal liability for losses or lawsuits, where an LLC or corporation protects owner(s) personal property and assets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marketing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Huge Trouble at Foreign Toyota (May '09) 15 hr Leagle Beagle 316
News Do You Really Need an SEO Expert for your Local... (Mar '14) Sat angeldress 8
How To Market Effectively Apr 25 Ron 1
News Cynthianan says his dog food can correct canine... Apr 24 cory 9
News Www.CoryandTopanga.Com No Longer Exists, Consid... (Aug '07) Apr 24 NotAFreak 43
News Telling people I have genital herpes is empowering Apr 23 Mary 1
News Is the Link Between Depression and Serotonin a ... Apr 22 HumanSpirit 1
More from around the web