Senator says Caterpillar avoided bill...

Senator says Caterpillar avoided billions in taxes

There are 16 comments on the KFVS12 story from Apr 1, 2014, titled Senator says Caterpillar avoided billions in taxes. In it, KFVS12 reports that:

Executives from manufacturing giant Caterpillar Inc. are heading to Capitol Hill to explain what one senator calls an aggressive strategy to avoid paying billions in U.S. taxes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFVS12.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#1 Apr 1, 2014
General Electric avoided pay taxes totally....but, Jeff Immelt is Obama's pal, so, Carl can't go there!

“It's Time to Defeat Terrorism ”

Since: May 11

NYC

#2 Apr 1, 2014
Liberal senator Carl Levin is a crook like his friend Harry Reid who stole our tax money to give gifts to his granddaughter and his voters. Caterpillar is a great American company that follow the tax rules and do not owe the Obama regime a penny. Liberals are pushing America to bankruptcy buy spending trillions on buying votes of the Mozlem Brother terrorists that Obama invited to come to America and live on the American people back.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#3 Apr 1, 2014
Two things are certain: Death & Taxes.

We live our entire lives doing what we can to avoid BOTH of those.

Caterpillar is no different.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#6 Apr 1, 2014
big companies have entire tax depts., including hi priced lawyers, that make sure everything they do is legal. why would they not use strategy that prevents being over taxed? The money they saved was probably returned to their shareholders as dividends, and that is the way it should be.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#9 Apr 1, 2014
No surprise that another lie-beral politician is targeting a successful corporation for a hefty levy to boost gov't coffers. Demoncraps have gone from tax-N-spend to extort-N-steal........
Bee Eff Dee

Webster, MA

#10 Apr 1, 2014
Ahh yes, another big company gets away with tax evasion much like GE. I wonder if this CEO will get a cabinet position too....

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11 Apr 1, 2014
Lets hope so, he wants to work for a winner
lolol

Rio Rancho, NM

#12 Apr 1, 2014
well the watched GE, amazon, google, facebook etc. all great obama supporters and contributors get away with it the past 5 years, so why shouldn't they ?

usa

#13 Apr 1, 2014
swedenforever wrote:
Lets hope so, he wants to work for a winner
he'll have to wait til 2016, then...
April Fu

Greenfield, IN

#18 Apr 1, 2014
April Fool on the 15th doom day or the April 1st Fu;) take yo CPA for lunch;-00

Location hidden

#19 Apr 1, 2014
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
he'll have to wait til 2016, then...
Vegas odds arent in your favor then either

Location hidden

#20 Apr 1, 2014
charles in charge wrote:
An FYI to the idiotic Rightie trolls stinking up this thread who have clearly not READ the article:
"Sen. Carl Levin says Caterpillar has avoided paying $2.4 billion in U.S. taxes since 2000 by shifting profits to a wholly-controlled affiliate in Switzerland."
That's tax fraud, losers. Read it and weep.
Darn those pesky facts
Shinichiro Takizawa

Sendai, Japan

#21 Apr 1, 2014
Wars, nuclear-power-plant-disasters, huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters must occur in Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia now!

Wars, nuclear-power-plant-disasters, huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters in Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia
will cause reconstruiction-demands in Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia!

Wars, nuclear-power-plant-disasters, huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters in Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia
will increase Japan's, China's, Taiwan's, South-Korea's, Germany's and Russia's domestic-demands!

will decrease supplies from Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia!

Japan must have military-draft-system of Japan in Japan now!
All Japs between the age of 18 and 27 must be drafted by Japanese-Forces now!
All Japanese-men and all Japaneswe-boys between the age of 18 and 27 must be drafted by Japanese-Forces now!
All Japanese-women and all Japanese-girls between the age of 18 and 27 must be drafted by Japanese-Forces now!

Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan and Germany must increase their military-budgets and military-forces now!
Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, British, Italy and Germany must protect Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, British, Italy and Germany by themselves now!

China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Japan, Germany and Russia are evil-fascism-communism-empires !
Remember Pearl Harbor!
Finally, Japan will be destroyed!

I love the U.S.! I love American-99%!
We are American-99%!

usa

#23 Apr 2, 2014
swedenforever wrote:
<quoted text> Vegas odds arent in your favor then either
and I care about "vegas odds", because????
i'll stick with Nate Silver....
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#24 Apr 2, 2014
Out sourceing jobs off shoring money should both carry penalty OF DEATH...........Time we the people fight these treasonous big companies and filthy rich traitors.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#25 Apr 2, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
Out sourceing jobs off shoring money should both carry penalty OF DEATH..........Time we the people fight these treasonous big companies and filthy rich traitors.
HA HA HA If you got your wish there'd be a sh1tpot full of dead liberal politicians and their Wall Street donors....... HEY!!!! NOT a bad idea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manufacturing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Joe The Plumber Stands By Shocking Holocaust Ch... (Jun '12) Apr 17 payme 9
News Acton's longstanding shop for power equipment Apr 15 Halton UK 1
News Caterpillar officials discuss federal probe, bu... Mar '17 duramaxx_2003 1
News The Market In 5 Minutes Mar '17 USS LIBERTY 3
News Rantoul's Future (Sep '09) Mar '17 Cheryl Bishop 5
News Panel gives small victory to utilities in nuke ... Mar '17 Solarman 1
News Pratt & Whitney Threatens To Shut Down Cheshire... (Jul '09) Mar '17 G Carter 87
More from around the web