Stephen Myers, former P.S.1 charter school principal: Did he molest boys, including his son?

Aug 14, 2012 Full story: Denver Westword

In 2002, we reported that former P.S.1 charter school principal Stephen Myers resigned his principal job in Massachusetts after he was accused of making inappropriate comments to a male student -- an allegation that didn't surprise his old P.S.1 colleagues.

Full Story
SSM

Oakland, CA

#1 Aug 17, 2012
Steve Myers molested several boys. He denys and lies, but he is a perpetrater and has damaged many lives over many years.
Charles Hurt

Alameda, CA

#3 Nov 21, 2012
Steve has admitted to more than one person (people I know and respect) that he has had sex with underage boys.

There have been numerous clues that Steve has been doing this for some time. In my opinion, he is a pedophile, he molested me too--years earlier on a camping trip to Yosemite when I was about 12 or so.
B Smith

South Africa

#4 May 3, 2014
Where is he now? He fled to South Africa to teach under the name Steven Swarup. Some wise teachers figured out who he was and demanded he be fired. He left after just a few months.(Bad background check or none?) Could he still be teaching?!
Joe G

Potomac, MD

#5 Jul 18, 2014
B Smith wrote:
Where is he now? He fled to South Africa to teach under the name Steven Swarup. Some wise teachers figured out who he was and demanded he be fired. He left after just a few months.(Bad background check or none?) Could he still be teaching?!
I can personally attest that he was teaching in South Africa and that the headmistress (Melanie Hoover) attempted to cover up the issue. She was working to give him a letter of reference in exchange for leaving the school quietly and none of the parents were going to ever find out. Thanks to a small group of dedicated teachers this all came out although he managed to escape to points unknown. As for his background check, he came in under the name Steve Swarup claiming it was given to him in an African ceremony and his background was not checked any further.

The sad thing is that many schools move people like him on quietly and then they are free to carry on their deeds at the next stop. No school wants the publicity of charging a teacher with a crime like this but there should be a responsibility. The headmistress in SA was indignant that anyone was questioning her tactics and in the end she tried to say "I didn't know what to do with the information when I found out". Not only should Swarup / Myers be doing time for his crime but the headmistress should be barred from any oversight positions in the future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manufacturing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Happy Birthday MJ: How 'Remember The Time' Remi... Sep 26 Janusi 75
Kodak looking for more time for bankruptcy plan (Jan '13) Sep 24 fayebryant00 2
Covington mill's fate uncertain as MeadWestvaco... (Mar '09) Sep 12 sad for so many 55
Insider Selling: Gene P. Buer Unloads 2,240 Sha... Sep 12 Breck 1
Local companies sued in Kodak bankruptcy (Jan '14) Sep 4 Ex-Kodak Engineer 3
Whopper corporate tax breaks criticized Sep 3 Granny for Equality 2
Amid the Global Economic Crisis, China Rises (Oct '09) Sep 3 two balls no strikes 339

Manufacturing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE