Economists: Northrop Grumman job loss exemplifies a sad fact of life on LI

Mar 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newsday

The Northrop Grumman Corp. plant in Bethpage. The company said March 4 that it will move 850 jobs off Long Island by next year, leaving just 550 workers out of a workforce that exceeded 25,000 in the 1980s.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Jun 28, 2014
LI Aerospace worker

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Yes, it is sad because of many things. Grumman had tax and electric rate breaks on Long Island but it was able to leverage this for bigger savings from the state of Florida who is trying to find work for ex-NASA workers in the Melborne, Florida area. Many companies feel they can simply move a program to another area of the country and get same results. I predict that this will be a major diasaster for Grumman and will result in many problems for the E-2D program. Florida has some good people there, but the mind set of New Yorkers is very hard to replicate in another state. Au revoir Grumman....thanks for dishonoring the legacy of Leroy Grumman!!!
Edmund Ruffin

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

LI Aerospace worker wrote:
Yes, it is sad because of many things. Grumman had tax and electric rate breaks on Long Island but it was able to leverage this for bigger savings from the state of Florida who is trying to find work for ex-NASA workers in the Melborne, Florida area. Many companies feel they can simply move a program to another area of the country and get same results. I predict that this will be a major diasaster for Grumman and will result in many problems for the E-2D program. Florida has some good people there, but the mind set of New Yorkers is very hard to replicate in another state. Au revoir Grumman....thanks for dishonoring the legacy of Leroy Grumman!!!
Would that be the mindset where everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is a life-or-death emergency, punctuated with screaming and filthy language? I've seen your New York mindset and it stinks. Thank God it's hard to replicate!! PS: Not everyone in Florida is a lazy surfer. We actually get things done in spite of the threats and intimidation.
Human at Earth

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2014

Hello Bank of America, Citibank, JP Morgan Corporation,

What happened is this. The African Asian European Indian Middle Eastern Human Women agreed to the talking, looking, touching law with people like myself. Some guns were pointed at us in San Jose, Los Angeles, Kolkota, Singapour, London.

There was million billion dollar settlement by many judges at america world. We are in awe that your customer relations, sales, collections departments called us 500 times about $25,000 dollars balance on the credit card account. Per the agreement with the banks, you were supposed to write off the balance and drop the credit rating. Your people were not able to do that cause of some problems.

When we checked, the people said the cops were doing work authorized by the people. The bankers were doing work authorized by the people. A black woman keeps talking to me at the food store at redondo beach. A pakistani muslim woman keeps talking to me at the residential area at torrance about some directions. A white european women keeps stepping on my LAWn and talking to me. A korean oreintal woman touched me with the finger on the shoulder.

Please help us to close down Calpine, Exxon, Toyota, Infosys, ADP, Hewlette Packard, Northrop and many such corporations with the problem. We are certain there is world war. We estimate that the human population will reduce significantly.

Are you going to go to work to take orders from a black white hispanic indian asian arab american man to be paid in a fist full of dollars that you can't spend. Why will you do that? Please go see a few movies.

Thank You,

Human Man Raj at Earth

Human Man Raj Chanani Desi Brown Atatarian Vegetarian Humanist (41 years old, 155 pounds, 5'9" tall) Marwari Hindi English Hinglish Torrancer Californian American Bengali Indian Smoker Worker Taurus Earther

Raj Torrance Earth Universe
----------

Yeild on bank account -1% to +1% per year

Yeild on mutual fund account -10% to +10% per year

Yeild on aggressive mutual fund account -20% to +20% per year

Yeild on individual stock market account -90% to +1000% per year

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••