Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2011

By Edward R. Hildebrandt, Senior VP, Operations
ChemLogix, LLC
www.chemlogix.com

New proposed “Hours of Service Rules”, limited truck driver and asset availability, increased year-over-year shipments and higher fuel surcharges will continually increase pricing and capacity pressures as the year progresses. Is this a good time for shippers to outsource one or more truck modes?

It’s April and the capacity issues of last year have returned. Several bulk carriers already reported 10% to 20% turn-backs in served markets. This is where carriers receive orders from shippers and turn them back because they don’t have the capacity to cover the loads. Rising fuel surcharges (FSC) add to shippers’ concerns and frustrations. How high will FSC go and what will be the impact on rates as the year progresses?

Follow the discussion at: http://www.chemlogix.com/pdf/A_Good_Time_To_O...

Since: Jun 12

Thane, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2012

I am just sharing my views.
Consider outsourcing if focus is on the time, energy and money on an activity that is not a core competency of yours.
Kayjsharp

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Outsourcing non-core competencies has now become a widely accepted practice across many industries.The most significant reason to outsource transportation management is to receive volume discounts.Outsourcing your transportation management needs can save you plenty of time, money, and resources.

Since: Jul 12

Guangzhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

Kayjsharp wrote:
Outsourcing non-core competencies has now become a widely accepted practice across many industries.The most significant reason to outsource transportation management is to receive volume discounts.Outsourcing your transportation management needs can save you plenty of time, money, and resources.
Yup.Totally you have seen through the market!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Outsourcing helped many businesses in expansion, and now a days its a trend that most companies outsource their logistic part so as to focus on other activities of the business.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Logistics Discussions

Search the Logistics Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
E-commerce Solutions 4 hr Dips 1
CLX Logistics Promotes Conner to Director of Op... 17 hr CLX Logistics 1
Truck Driver Recruiters vs In-house Recruitment (Mar '07) Jul 1 paul 95
how chemical companies can take control of thei... Jun '14 ChemLogix 1
mafra Jun '14 Camioane 1
Track Any Driver Cell phone LOCKandLOCATE.com May '14 Logistics Expert 1
The Best Shipping Software (TMS) May '14 Danielle Martin 1
•••
•••