Logistics in India

“Web Analyst”

Since: Apr 12

Mumbai, India

#1 Dec 27, 2012
Logistics is increasingly becoming a strategic source of competitive advantage with the increase in global production sharing, shortening of product life cycles and intensification of global competition. In this highly competitive business environment, the quality of logistics has assumed greater significance influencing firmsÂ’ decisions such as which country to locate in, which suppliers to buy from or which consumer markets to enter. This has lead to many companies outsourcing supply-chain services, commonly called 3PL (Third party logistics). Some of the top logistic companies in India like CTC freight carriers private limited, Atlas Logistics, DHL, NTL Logistics Plus have a very efficient logistic system and provide all kinds of services like Sea Freight, Air Freight , Trucking Services, Cargo Handling, Break bulk cargo not only for domestic purpose but even for international shipments. This helps companies to focus on their core activities like production etc.
In the present era of tough competition market wars are shifting from media to the retailer's shelf and even directly to the customers. Coke, Pepsi, Hyundai, HLL, Godrej, TATA, Bajaj, etc, derive immense strength from their well-established distribution networks. In fact India is becoming the auto hub of the world and big logistic companies and even Govt. of India and Indian railways are especially targeting the auto industry to get more involved in the effective use of resources by entering into Public-Private partnerships so that there is overall savings to all the parties involved. Logistics is the only department of a company that is in direct contact with the customers. So, the customer perceives the delivery channels as the representatives of the company and it becomes the prime responsibility of the channel members to deliver the services that keep the customers satisfied.

Since: Jan 13

#2 Feb 17, 2013
The logistics industry in India is growing. I think the next step in improving the logistics/supply chain process is to increasingly incorporate logistics IT solutions. Through the automation of logistics activities, increased efficiency, reliability and responsiveness can be delivered.

Check it out here: http://www.apllogistics.com/wps/portal/apll/ !ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8x Bz9CP0os3h_d0tnd3cLI3d3y0BLA8- QMD_DMH9nI1c3I_1wkA6zeAtHEwN3Z xMDD4tAD1MDT6fgUDNzc8NAiwAziLw BDuBooO_nkZ-bql-QnZ3m6KioCAAO0 HY_/dl3/d3/L0lDU0lKSWdra0EhIS9 JTlJBQUlpQ2dBek15cUEhL1lCSlAxT kMxTktfMjd3ISEvN180MUU2SUc4Mkd HN004MEkzTDhVNkRDUE9SNA!!/?PC_ 7_41E6IG82GG7M80I3L8U6DCPOR400 2926_WCM_CONTEXT=/wps/wcm/conn ect/APLL_ContentLib/APLL/APLL_ SA_Home/SA-TechnologyServices/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logistics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Landair Transport (Feb '07) Oct 7 Bigbams 128
Logistic And Trucking Jobs (Apr '14) Aug '16 ncs954 3
Global Logistics Trends 2016 Jul '16 cpereira15 1
Buy Used Cargo Vans for Sale by Owners (Jun '15) May '16 beboricuax 3
Do you know the global logistics alliance? (Apr '16) Apr '16 sunny 1
Truck Load Boards (Oct '14) Feb '16 Fartfoward Sniffers 2
Best Shipping & Logistics Services In Dubai (Mar '15) Feb '16 Fartfoward Sniffers 2
More from around the web