Difference between supply chain management and logistics.

Posted in the Logistics Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6

Since: Feb 11

Salai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2011

Hello,
I want to know the difference between the supply chain management and logistics. Can anyone help me in this regard??

Thanks
James Horncastle
http://www.parcel2ship.co.uk

Since: Jun 12

Thane, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Logistics and supply chain management are the areas which are felt often overlap.
Each and every company define differently both these things. Logistics deals with the strategy between marketing and production. Supply chain management focuses more on purchasing and procurement.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Logistics is a wide term that includes the processes like:-
Material Handling
Warehouse management
Cross Docking
Transportation
Its focus is on the movement of goods.

SCM deals with the whole process from getting the raw material from the supplier, its procurement, manufacturing into a finished goods till its deployment in the market or user.
It can be said that logistics is a part of SCM.

Since: Jan 13

Singapore, Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Supply chain management refers to the whole process from sourcing to distribution, and logistics is one part of the process. Generally, supply chain logistics is the part that deals with transportation and storage of the goods.
http://www.apllogistics.com/
james

Hyderabad, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Logistics software helps to hold a sequential order in the transportation of cargos. It gives all details about traffic routes and modes of transportation to satisfy customer requirements at a lower cost. This software also enables a customer to track and trace the status of an purchased product during transportation. Logistics software in submission management aids in warehousing infrastructure, goods movement, quality assurance, and product labeling. Freight billing, payment, and auditing are made quicker and reliable with the introduction of this software. Other areas in which logistics software find its program are financial services, sales, marketing, human resource management, efficiency evaluation, order processing, and customer support.

“Order Fulfillment Services ”

Since: May 13

Ahmedabab

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

As per my view, first we can say that supply chain management is part of logistics and supply chain management refers to the whole process from sourcing to distribution, and logistics is one part of the process.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Logistics Discussions

Search the Logistics Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Multiple warehouses Mar 29 GabbyHamilton 2
Logistics Services in India (Aug '13) Mar 29 GabbyHamilton 2
Vangard Accuspeech Mobile - ever heard of it? Mar 28 Ryan 1
Increase in Production Mar 18 Truckers Logic 1
USA Commingling medium size packages? Mar '14 Dan 1
freight forwarding company india (Nov '12) Feb '14 GabbyHamilton 5
Lead Logistics Provider (Apr '07) Feb '14 GabbyHamilton 6
•••
•••