Rent-to-own retailer occupies Rt. 7A ...

Rent-to-own retailer occupies Rt. 7A warehouse

There are 23 comments on the Bennington Banner story from Dec 13, 2008, titled Rent-to-own retailer occupies Rt. 7A warehouse. In it, Bennington Banner reports that:

Aaron Rents Inc. held job interviews on Monday and Tuesday as it prepares to open its new store, based in the former Haynes & Kane warehouse on Route 7A.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bennington Banner.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tonya

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Dec 15, 2008
Do not buy merchandise from this type of retailer. If you can't afford to buy a product by cash, you can not afford it. Save for your purchase. If you buy from this type of retailer, the product you buy rent to own, at the end of your contract with them you could have bought the same product 4x's over. You work to hard for your money to give it away.
Real Vermonter

Charlestown, MA

#2 Dec 15, 2008
Same thing for buying a house or a vehicle or .... anything! The problem is there is a faction of people who will line up at these places and fall victim to the small print on the contract! The other rent to own joints are always repoing their junk china made electronics and furniture! Just think I don't need it today and keep dropping your change in the big bottle in the corner and it might surprise you how fast you can get it on your own from a discount store! Don't spend a dime in this dump! We didn't have it before and we don't need it now!
AOK

Arlington, VT

#3 Dec 16, 2008
All very true.

But many are either "desperate" or want immediate gratification.

If you look up the culture of poverty, this type of business preys on those with little resources.

Since: Oct 08

New Haven, CT

#4 Dec 16, 2008
I had a kid who worked for me who was renting a CHAIR for $16 a week. A friggin CHAIR. I floated him a loan for $150 and he bought one at one of them seedy furniture places that was just as good.

People have no $ sense anymore.
hmmmm

Worcester, VT

#5 Dec 16, 2008
"Hey, Ethel, we can get this here entertainment center for ONLY $59 a month!"

Terms:$59 down,$59 a month for 60 months. Total price (of cheap tv stand worth $250 tops)$3,000.

What a bargain!

When will Friendleys start serving dinner this way?$3 at the door,$3 at the table,$3 with sodas,$3 for ordering,$3 with the meal,$3 with refills,$3 for boxed leftovers,$3 for ordering desert,$3 for desert,$3 for taking away mess,$3 for tip,$3 to leave.

Total price for 12 dollar meal:$36!

What a bargain!
patriot

Bennington, VT

#6 Dec 16, 2008
All very true. This is just a dressed-up form of predatory lending. A disappointing commentary on the economic state of the local area when these kind of leeches move in expecting to flourish.
Real Vermonter

Charlestown, MA

#7 Dec 16, 2008
Desperate or want immediate gratification? Come on down I gotcha right here "The Haney Egg-Layin' Inducing Machine" or ifin you need such a thing I gotcha a "gen-u-wine Cooper Cow-Coaxer" for those stubern corn fed hunnies!

This business preys on those with little resources and the Town of Bennington welcomes them with open arms! Just like all the worlds sex offenders! The next thing they will let in is Beneficial Finance or is it here already or even in business! Oh I bet they are!

A guy wants to make his garage 1 foot bigger and he has to jump through hoops then Dirt Works builds a big box store that was within the same foot print but a skyscraper!!!!!!!

Blame all this on the Town of Bennington! The same ones who are running the police dapartment who is supposed to protect us into the ground!

THE END!

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#8 Dec 17, 2008
Guilty
Real Vermonter

Charlestown, MA

#9 Dec 17, 2008
No! Not you to NewMonter? Please don't tell me you are guilty of using a rent a rip off service! I hope I just misunderstood you!

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#10 Dec 17, 2008
Real Vermonter wrote:
No! Not you to NewMonter? Please don't tell me you are guilty of using a rent a rip off service! I hope I just misunderstood you!
Nope I am guilty. my other 1/2 thinks I am crazy also.. but it works for me.
Real Vermonter

Charlestown, MA

#11 Dec 17, 2008
I have to side with your other half on ths one!

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#12 Dec 18, 2008
Real Vermonter wrote:
I have to side with your other half on ths one!
The laptop I want is over 800.00 and to save that would take forever and this is how I stay intouch with my family in western NY.. so it works for me.
hmmmm

Worcester, VT

#13 Dec 18, 2008
NewMonter wrote:
<quoted text>
The laptop I want is over 800.00 and to save that would take forever and this is how I stay intouch with my family in western NY.. so it works for me.
Mindy, Mindy, Mindy!

Sometimes we need to settle for less. You can get an awesome refurbished laptop on ebay for $200 or less. Just think what you could do with the $600, wait, I mean about $1200 you'd save.

Think about it. Heck, I'd like a BMW, but I'd settle for a used Neon.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#14 Dec 18, 2008
hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Mindy, Mindy, Mindy!
Sometimes we need to settle for less. You can get an awesome refurbished laptop on ebay for $200 or less. Just think what you could do with the $600, wait, I mean about $1200 you'd save.
Think about it. Heck, I'd like a BMW, but I'd settle for a used Neon.
LOL thank you very much for your post. I accually smiled,
if this helps

Arlington, VT

#15 Dec 18, 2008
NewMonter wrote:
<quoted text>
The laptop I want is over 800.00 and to save that would take forever and this is how I stay intouch with my family in western NY.. so it works for me.
The computer guy on main st has used lap tops. Theyre still better than anything you could buy at those places!!!!!The prices are between 299.-399., and he does layaway.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#16 Dec 18, 2008
if this helps wrote:
<quoted text> The computer guy on main st has used lap tops. Theyre still better than anything you could buy at those places!!!!!The prices are between 299.-399., and he does layaway.
yeah ok check that out he wants over 400.00 for laptop that don't even have 1G memory no thank you
Checked that out already
sad but true

Arlington, VT

#17 Dec 18, 2008
NewMonter wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah ok check that out he wants over 400.00 for laptop that don't even have 1G memory no thank you
Checked that out already
The one I bought had more than 1G and also had a cd burner,wireless intermet and more memory and speed than what i saw at thoughs rent to own stores.
not true

Arlington, VT

#18 Dec 18, 2008
NewMonter wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah ok check that out he wants over 400.00 for laptop that don't even have 1G memory no thank you
Checked that out already
A computer equal to though rent to own places were under 300 dollars
not true

Arlington, VT

#19 Dec 18, 2008
No worrys, we all try at one time or another to justify are own stupidity!!!!!

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#20 Dec 18, 2008
not true wrote:
No worrys, we all try at one time or another to justify are own stupidity!!!!!
I am not justifying anything. I am saying it works for me. That doesn't mean it is right for everyone. Stupid is as stupid does, and think what you want doesn't bother me. and when it is all said and done it is my money to do with what I want and with that said.. your opinion means nothing to me when it comes to what I do with my money!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leasing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawsuits claims Aarons providing bed bug-infest... (Mar '12) Jun 27 anon 93
News Maxim Crane Works fined $14,000 for violations ... (Sep '08) Apr '15 Paddy 18
News Rent-A-Center to buy Erie-based Rent-Way for $5... (Nov '06) Mar '15 Old Erie 4
News Puerto Rico R&G Financial Corporation settles f... (Feb '08) Oct '14 dariusrickard 15
News Insiders are Fond of Simon Property Group Inc (May '14) May '14 USA 1
News MicroFinancial Incorporated Announces Increase ... (Feb '13) Mar '14 Anonymous 3
News Man shot by police sentenced to 11 years in prison (Mar '14) Mar '14 They cannot kill ... 1
More from around the web