United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2007

Hey everybody,
Have you ever tried the buying from the Jewelry Channel?
I bought on TV and it was awesome and now i herad that they have
started selling products for one dollar on www.tjc.tv
Please comment or let me know if any body knows about it.
snowbunny

Durango, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2007

Judged:

This is a great channel on DirecTV #226. They do "reverse bidding" which means it starts at one price, people bid, price drops until it is sold; sometimes to $1.00. They have less than 20,000 viewers that have registered but their quality is outstanding and you can't beat the prices! Check it out.

Since: Jun 07

Shenzhen, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2007

any one who can tell me something about tungsten ring?
Abhiyant

Dodson, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2007

Hey thanks man..i tried the website www.tjc.tv and web drops there...they are really cool I bought alot of stuff from net and they are really cool ones with amazing prizes...i think it was great...
snowbunny

Durango, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

CHECK OUT THIS SITE: www.tungstenworld.com
dyinglove_0606 wrote:
any one who can tell me something about tungsten ring?
Buyer Beware

Redwood City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2007

I would like to point out a security flaw with TJC's website. I pointed this out to them, but I don't think they'll do anything about it.

When logging into the site (whether it be HTTP or HTTPS), your login and password is sent via a "GET" response to their server. so, that means that your login and password/PIN are being sent IN THE CLEAR over the net. URL's are NOT encrypted.

If you view the source of their homepage, you will see this piece of code:

xmlHttp.open("GET", "/LoginbyAjax.aspx?Uid= "+uid+"&pwd= "+pwd , true);

Forms posted via GET are not secure...use caution when logging into this site. I suggest calling in your order.

Plus, if you do not specifically go to " https://www.tjc.tv ", you are using an unsecure connection when logging in. I haven't bought anything via the site, so I don't know if the piece where you enter your credit card info is even secure or not.
Mike

Jaipur, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2007

I just visited their website. They have moved the whole website on secure socket layer (SSL) which is from industry leader in website security, verisign.Now every information transfered with this website is transferred on a secure channel.

Above all,'Get' requests are also secured. What do you think of this?

cheers :)
Buyer Beware

Redwood City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2007

Yeah, I noticed they went to HTTPS. But..."GET" is still not secured. They cannot encrypt the URL, so when you login, the URL that is sent out over the 'net from your home still looks like this:

https://www.tjc.tv/LoginbyAjax.aspx...

If anyone is sniffing traffic, they can see that entire URL plain as day.
Mik

Dodson, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2007

As a matter of fact when a site works on SSL, the parameters which are passed in the query string are also encrypted. SSL encrypts all the name value pairs if they are passed through the POST Method or the GET Method
Yuck

Redwood City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2007

But putting the username and password in a GET call is just a bad idea anyway. It's just bad practice to do that. The data is "secure" in transit from your browser to the server, but if anyone gets a hold of the logs on the host server, game over. Unless the web admin reconfigured the logs to not record the URL call.
Hilda Bridges

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2007

So fix it damnit!
Back to the original post

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2007

I'd appreciate more info on the subject of the original post: can anyone comment on what types of experiences you have had with their service and their merchandise? I can't imagine that they are selling decent quality gemstones or genuine gold at those prices. Anyone?
Mixed Review

San Marcos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2007

I have ordered 4 rings from them. Two I had to send back because of lost gemstones/diamonds within 30 days. Then two days ago, another ring lost a stone. That ring will just sit in my jewelry box since when I sent them an email they didn't offer to repair it. Also, these were not the most expensive rings (one was $500), so my experience is less than steller quality.
Shirley Brokaw

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2007

I've ordered from TJC from the beginning and have gotten some very nice items that appear to be good quality, but I haven't had any appraised. The only problem is when I try to bid on a Web Drop item, the order form doesn't show up, so I lose the order. I've called customer service, but it hasn't been resolved. They have called me a couple of times to let me know about problems, which makes me feel better about their honesty. All in all I think they are okay, but they have started selling a lot of 10K jewelry, which makes me wonder. They have gone up on their prices, so don't worry about how they sell items lower, some things they can just let go at a lower price, but not that often any more.

“GemGuy”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2007

Production jewelry is quick to set and the margins for tv jewelry sellers are high. don't expect appraisal values to be extraordinary.
Sue Beltramo

Salem, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

I ordered a ring on the Web Drops site a month ago and still no sign of it! I think those low prices were just a hook as the prices have now increased considerably.

“GemGuy”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

Not defedning JTV but, prices start to increase in the fourth quarter, best deals are in the summer during slow period. As for their customer service, they seem to be lacking in that department:-)
Jul

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2007

The Jewelry Channel is now also on the DISH Network Channel 218!

“GemGuy”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2007

Yes, just posted the story - goody:-)
mkmmfan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2007

Judged:

i am a new customer, but so far i am quite happy. so far, the couple of pieces i have received have been beautiful, and arrived quite fast. So far, my experience with customer service has been good. I also have ordered, along the same time i found this channel, from another similar network. I am sooooooo not happy with them. The pieces look large, u get them, and they are so tiny you can barely see the gems. So i am am sending most of theirs back!!! I thought "great, i bet this other place is the same way" to my great enjoyment, The jewelry channel has had beautiful gems, they are the size they appear to be, and they sparkle and are beautiful in appearance. So, i think that so far, i will stick with this channel, They've exceeded my expectations to this point

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Jewelry Forum right now

Search the Jewelry Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Wholesale Jewelry Distributors (Jan '14) Thu Tolis Papageridis 8
messianic jewelry (Sep '13) Thu ellisonbrowny 2
What do you think of these charm bracelets??? Jul 22 Kaia 1
sale Jul 22 SWV FASHION 1
help me identify makers mark? (Aug '08) Jul 22 Cheryl 334
How Could U Tell If Jewelery Is Real Gold? (Apr '06) Jul 20 Ed Meyer 1,122
how to fill zip cope (May '13) Jul 17 hvyh 5
•••
•••