help me identify makers mark?
Loli

Houston, TX

#135 Aug 24, 2011
Doing some research on what the maker's mark on a pill box sterling silver pendant piece.
Not having ANY luck identifying it. On the clasp of the chain there is a rectangle with the letter "w" and next to that is a the right profile of a lady wearing a hat or scarf on her head. There is also a separate mark on the same clasp. A shield with the letters "M" and "S". Thanks in advance for any help given!
mike r

Saint Petersburg, FL

#136 Sep 2, 2011
i have a pair of tahitian pearl earrings and diamonds, and matching pend. jewelers mark is a u with a diamond in the middle.???
adene

Anchorage, AK

#137 Sep 5, 2011
my dad found a 14k gold ring while uprooting a tree stump. found along with a 50s cocacola bottle, it drives my curiousity to know how old it is.

the only markings inside are the forementioned '14k' and a manufacters mark thats very hard to distinguish into text.

i made a rough drawing of the signature, if the forum will allow external links. http://i56.tinypic.com/2gtxh79.png
john

Yorba Linda, CA

#138 Sep 8, 2011
I have a ring with marks 750 NLJ MV what does it mean
cup

Dahlonega, GA

#139 Sep 9, 2011
i have a silver creamer maybe it looks like part of a tea set on the bottom it has a B and then buckingham and then xxxx and then it says heavy silver plate does anyone know where this is from or what it is thanks [email protected]
Charlie

Scottsdale, AZ

#141 Sep 14, 2011
I have a 14K yellow gold ring with a small alexandrite stone (.55) and on the inside of band is the letter G with a circle around it. Can anyone tell me the maker. Thank you.
Terri auburn MI

Midland, MI

#142 Sep 17, 2011
I have a ring that is 10K and a mark with FD in an oval. What does the FD in an oval stand for?
capt belome

Janesville, WI

#143 Sep 22, 2011
i have a gold bracelet with the 750 stamp 18kt, and then there are 98v1 and mar which i beleive is the date and the makers mark can anyone tell me what the last two marks r 98v1 and the mar it also has the full word bervet which i thought was the name of the maker but now think it means patent in french its a large bracelet 80.2 grams and ive had it tested its real 18 kt
Lisa A

Tecumseh, Canada

#144 Sep 26, 2011
Kim K wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm writing b/c I also have a gold band with the same marking inside and I'm trying to figure out its origin. And, most interesting, it is an old ring my mother had and while I live in Virginia, she was raised in Shelby Township, MI and I see you are in Saginaw.
Did you find out anything? The ring I have is a wide band with squares on which there are almost toll looking designs - hearts, etc. Would love to know what you found out.
KK
I am writing because I also have a band like this. I've inherited it from my aunt that passed. She was from Houghton Lake MI
Jon t

Reno, NV

#145 Sep 26, 2011
I have a mens gold band with what appears to be a 63 in front of the 14 carate stamp can u tell me anything about it
Friendly Denverite

Denver, CO

#146 Sep 28, 2011
TOPKAPI ,.925,star of David bracelet
jus2knoIspeaceam ind

United States

#147 Oct 4, 2011
silver/white gold diamond earrings marked HV with halo
janine

Brisbane, Australia

#148 Oct 7, 2011
i have a ring i think it is a fake but all it says is 18 ct w is it a fake?
george

Leicester, UK

#149 Oct 7, 2011
longchalk wrote:
I have a St Christopher 'silver' pendant. I live in uk but it does not have a uk hall mark. The design on the reverse is a 50's style art nouveau car with a 4 engined propellor plane flying above.This design isn't engraved but is 'raised'( I really am no expert) I've never really thought about it but I'm intrigued, I guess it's the makers mark. It says 'silver' below the design on reverse and the initials C J very small below that. Does anyone have an idea? Is it from uk with no hallmark, is it even silver. Oh, and i don't know exactly but it's 40 50 yrs old. Can you help? Be most appreciated
ty, Dan
Hi dan, this is most lightly Georg Jensen the danish silver smith they are very desirable in st christopher's
Best regards geo
Mary Ann

Farmingdale, NY

#150 Oct 16, 2011
What does a Harry Winston Mark look like?
alanatftg

Caulfield South, Australia

#151 Oct 18, 2011
"shane"i have a diamond ring but it has no marks but one can anyone tell me what [cz] means please.
Hi Shane, Are you sure its a Diamond, from my experience cz normally means cubic zirconia.
Ref: Cubic zirconia (or CZ) is the cubic crystalline form of zirconium dioxide (ZrO2). The synthesized material is hard, optically flawless and usually colorless
Brian

Philadelphia, PA

#152 Oct 18, 2011
What is the small almost impossible to read diamond looking stamp on the inside of my 14k stamped gold ? Has anyone ever seen this mark?

“Handmade Unique Jewelry ”

Since: Aug 09

Vancouver

#153 Oct 25, 2011
It is better to take an expert jeweler in this. I do not think that a regular sales person in a jewelry store will be able to tell you.
http://www.copperreflections.com/
FFF

Ringwood East, Australia

#154 Oct 30, 2011
am trying to identify marker stamped on a link on braclet is is stamped SP&S then has a triangle shaped symbol next to it on the right side
Jewelers Granddaughter

Tinley Park, IL

#156 Nov 2, 2011
mary killgore wrote:
My greatgrandmothers wedding ring has what looks like a "w" with 3 x's below it. Any idea what this means.
The sideways "W" mark is the trademark or maker's mark for J. R. Wood and Sons. They began business in 1850, and were an extremely prolific wedding band manufacturer, and fine jewelry maker. The company added the "Art Carved" line of wedding jewelry sometime before or towards the beginning of WWII. I have fullpage vintage magazine print ads for their Art Carved wedding rings and wedding ring sets from 1940's WWII era magazines, still showing the sideways "W" mark. I also own 2 vintage wedding bands with the mark inside as well.
They eventually were merged with the Keepsake Division of Lennox about 1970, and the "Art-Carved by Keepsake" brand was introduced in 1975. The mark inside their jewelry changed with the ownership.
It comes to mind that I read that the "XXX" was some kind of code mark indicating 18Kt gold, but I can't locate that source right now, so I'm not going to swear to the accuracy of that statement. However, the previously submitted post indicating a ready, willing and generous offer of pawn value of a piece likewise marked might play into the veracity of that statement. The one best way to find out for sure is to have a jeweler test it for you. Not a chain store counter clerk, mind you, but a real jeweler with bench skills. Especially if it is a disinterested third party, as opposed to someone with something to lose or gain by declaring its value to be one or the other!
Hope this helps!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jewelry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How Could U Tell If Jewelery Is Real Gold? (Apr '06) 10 hr Anna 1,308
Jlt marking on a sterling silver ring Mar 26 Katherine 1
Is gold lighter real Mar 24 Judy McKinney 1
Rings Mar 22 Morgan 1
Where to Find Cheap Jewelry (Dec '14) Mar 21 Iknowright 28
Ladies, if you like Earrings, we have them all ... (Sep '16) Mar 21 Iknowright 3
Looking for similar earrings Mar 21 Iknowright 3
More from around the web