Online jewellery promotions...

Posted in the Jewelry Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 07

Montreal, Canada

#1 Aug 10, 2007
Since almost everyone on these forums is trying to promote their store, maybe we should just have this one thread where we can post one or two strong points why a shopper should visit <em>your</em> store.

Montreal, Canada

#2 Aug 10, 2007
The King Of Rocks site has just launched the "Fire Sale application"!

Every weekday at Noon, EST, a new unbeatable, exceptional, fantastic deal will be offered, and will be available ONLY until the next offer, 24 hours later! We'll be selecting fire sale items from our entire inventory,including engagement rings and wedding bands. You'll never know what to expect!

You just need to visit our site's "flyer" page to know what today's special is, http://www.kingofrocks.com/scripts/default.as... (or just click the King Of Rocks logo at the top of any page).

Items placed Fridays will be available all weekend, since no one around here seems to enjoy working on Saturdays.

Since: Mar 07

Nairobi, Kenya

#3 Aug 12, 2007
Great idea Marty will be sending our shortly.

African Galore
www.africangalore.com

Montreal, Canada

#4 Aug 16, 2007
Well AG, it looks like this section can be yours and mine alone! lol. I was thinking, and I wonder if it wouldn't be better that instead of posting current promotions in our stores, this thread could give any readers a kind of "sneak peek" at what's ahead on our calendars.

For example, I might post...
Sept. 1 to Sept. 7, King Of Rocks is having a 50% off sale on all inventory!(it's NOT happening, just an example).

That way, it's a bit of a benefit for people to visit the Topix forums.

So, you got anything on the horizon, AG?

“GemGuy”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#5 Aug 16, 2007
Those with daily updates on store promotions could also add a New Discussion as their own and post daily sales and promotions. By updating your own forum discussion on your exclusive offerings, the discussion links will rotate giving anyone who wishes to post their specials an equal chance of promotion within this forum.
John

Montreal, Canada

#6 Aug 16, 2007
Good point, though I'd still rather people check our daily sales on our site ;)

Also, we all still have to be a little sensible about promotions... leave room for discussions.
GemGuy

Tampa, FL

#7 Aug 16, 2007
sounds right to me. too bad we can't tack specific discussions in the order in which we want them to appear:-)

Montreal, Canada

#10 Sep 7, 2007
Etre Design just sent out a newsletter for a friends and family discount:

"Visit the new and improved www.etredesign.com and enjoy 25% off any online purchase"

Check it out ... There's a huge selection of men's jewelry, and a lot of cool looking jewelry for women too! Enjoy!

Use discount code WEBSITE07

“Jewelery promotion”

new jersy usa

#11 Sep 8, 2007
Well jewelery is costly and there are very few people who could afford to purchase whole some jewelery at exhoribant prices and add to that the conveyance cost.My website are also for those who procure jewelery on a medium range say around 100-150 us dollars and have the merchandise shipped freely and securedly to them.

“GemGuy”

Location hidden

#12 Sep 8, 2007
jewelelegance put up a link to your wesbite so we can all check it out:-)
John
KIM

UK

#13 Sep 11, 2007
Can you add me to the list??
www.appena.co.uk - I sell only Italian products and mainly murano glass.
My website is new and is not too expensive altho' carriage costs may restrict sales outside the UK. I wonder why there are so few of us brits on this site? I have had more info & feedback from this forum than anything in the UK so a HUGE amouont of thanks to you all
Kim

Montreal, Canada

#15 Sep 11, 2007
Nice site RG. You've definitely got a nicely put together business. How is the pearl business doing these days? We have a very small selection of pearl jewellery (simply because we really are not pearl retai8lers) and it gets almost no interest. Is that because there is less demand for pearl or just because our site has such a small selection?

Marty
Admin, www.kingofrocks.com
Sassygirl

United States

#16 Sep 12, 2007
Sounds like a good idea!

SassyGirl Jewelry
www.sassygirlstore.com

Since: Sep 07

Canada

#18 Sep 12, 2007
Thanks Marty. I thought I'd jump into this thread and give you guys something to talk about. The pearl business is growing these days, becoming more popular with all age groups actually. And online pearl retailers are becoming more and more popular. But at the same time most don't really know anything about pearl jewelry, it is still a mystery for many. So the interest is there, but the challenge is educating the public about pearls.
wildone23

Denver, CO

#19 Sep 19, 2007
finejewelers.com
silvercorner.com

I looked them up, and these are two pretty decent online jewelry retailers.

I also found coupon codes for both of these stores at www.mycoupons.com .

I forget which one, but there is a code for as much as 15% off to one of these stores.

Soooooo...It's worth checkin out?

Montreal, Canada

#20 Sep 19, 2007
I don't know if I'm alone in feeling this, but really, as retailers, don't you just get fed up with the coupons / rebates / deals / promotions circus?!

Seriously! The group I work for has promotions and sales just like anyone, but of course all the discounts eat into the margins but still allow a profit to the merchant.

Sometimes it just become so tedious to fabricate, promote, and manage sales. Sometimes I wish that interested buyers would just email us about an item that interests them and we'll negotiate a deal.

Maybe I've just been at the desk too long. ;)
wildone23

Denver, CO

#21 Sep 20, 2007
? just offering money saving ideas that i found.

Montreal, Canada

#22 Sep 20, 2007
I'm not lashing at you wildone, just ranting after a hard day. If I were able to delete my post, I would.

Cheers.
wildone23

Denver, CO

#23 Sep 26, 2007
no sweat. i understand hard days just as much as anyone!
Anna

Stourbridge, UK

#24 Sep 26, 2007
hiya im a new business just started up...if not to buy, i would appreciate comments on what you guys think of my jewellery! thankyou very much! www.justjewelsinc.piczo.com
Anna xxx

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jewelry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Skyjems, or other wholesale gemestone / emerald... (Jun '09) 5 hr Hedgefund 13
vintage zuni 18 hr zuni 1
help me identify makers mark? (Aug '08) Tue Codie 361
How Could U Tell If Jewelery Is Real Gold? (Apr '06) Dec 11 Shannon 1,139
Jewelry accessories for summer? (Jun '14) Dec 11 talk2Lisa 6
Jewellery wholesale company in turkey?! (May '12) Dec 10 austrianelement 12
Wholesale Fashion Jewelry (Sep '12) Dec 10 austrianelement 23