Cable and Internet service providers offer the worst customer service

Aug 21, 2013 Read more: TechSpot

Cable television providers and Internet service providers are among the worst around with regard to customer service.

Read more
baja7475

United States

#1 Aug 22, 2013
I disagree! The medical industry's customer service is way worse, especially scheduling and billing depts.

Since: Oct 13

Buffalo, NY

#2 Oct 1, 2013
You are right. The situation is right for most of the cable and internet service providers. Since 2008 I have been using an internet connection, the one with a lots of trouble. The internet was very slow and the net connection goes off regularly. I am fed up with this and used to call their customer service. No one cares to show up. At last I changed my connection to wireless broadband from http://www.terago.ca/wireless-broadband-servi... . Now its really cool. The bandwidth is high and I never had to call their service too.
Joe

Mclean, VA

#3 Oct 25, 2013
That is true, some time customer service is the worst possible. Instead they solve the issue they usually end up pissing off more.
Joe

Mclean, VA

#4 Oct 25, 2013
By the way, i came across this page by Google. List of reputed wireless internet providers in US with Good customer feed back.

http://www.eproguide.com/top-10-wireless-inte...
TheLoneCsr

Dayton, NJ

#5 May 5, 2014
As a CSR, I have a few pointers for folks.

1-Don't act like a jerk, you attract more flies with honey than vinegar. Treat people the way YOU want to be treated!
2-Don't expect a miracle, CSR's have limits and if you ask for a supervisor don't expect immediate results. Most CSR's have the same limits as Supervisors these days. Most call centers have 1 supervisor handling a 100 reps, so chances are you won't speak to a supervisor immediately.
3-Most times you won't get a ton of savings, if you save $20.00 a month, that's an average amount.
4-If you go in expecting to save $100.00 and keep the same level of services, you are going to be disappointed. It just doesn't work that way, nor will it ever. And don't take it out on the CSR. They have nothing to do with it!
5-Do not expect to get "new customer" deals if you have had services already. "New Customer" means just that. Is it fair? No, but all cable companies work the same way. Do not be surprised that the couple that just moved in down the block has a better deal than you, They are probably "New Customers".
6-Lastly, Don't curse or talk down to the CSR, they are just people working hard every day to make a buck, just like you. They don't own the company or make the rules. They just follow them so they can keep a job in these tough economic times. They are not out to rip you off or scam you. They don't take pleasure in your anger. And they don't like it when you say things like "Thank God, you speak English" or "Oh God, at least I can understand you." They don't like the fact that there are people in other countries doing a lousy job that they get blamed for. It's the company not the rep!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Internet Service Providers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Getflix offers the best of both worlds Fri gavincredible 1
News Airwaves: That net neutrality thing Mar '15 jeffry 1
News Net neutrality: FCC approval considered victory... Mar '15 Butters 73
News FCC chief pressed to release net neutrality rules Feb '15 Lamer 5
News Merger Makes WiFiRV the Only RV-Industry Wirele... (Feb '10) Feb '15 WiFinuts 14
News Utah GOP Lawmaker Apologizes for Questioning if... Feb '15 barefoot2626 37
News U.S. FCC chairman reveals latest net neutrality... Feb '15 Lamer 11
More from around the web