MF Global paid Corzine $8 million in year before collapse

May 21, 2012 Full story: Reuters 33

The fire retardant industry engaged in a decades-long deception about its products, which are often filled with cancerous materials, the Chicago Tribune reports.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#2 May 21, 2012
==========
Mitt Romney Signs Taxpayer Protection Pledge

Mitt Romney Signs Taxpayer Protection Pledge
Massachusetts Governor makes written promise to eschew tax hikes

WASHINGTON, D.C.– Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, a candidate vying for the 2008 Republican presidential nomination, recently signed the Taxpayer Protection Pledge sponsored by Americans for Tax Reform (ATR). The Pledge commits signers to “oppose any and all efforts to increase the marginal income tax rates for individuals and/or businesses … and oppose any net reduction or elimination of deductions and credits, unless matched dollar for dollar by further reducing tax rates."

Gov. Romney became the first major candidate to sign the Taxpayer Protection Pledge on December 31st, 2006. As Governor, Mitt Romney pressed for several major tax cuts in the difficult blue-state environment of Massachusetts.

ATR has offered the Pledge to all candidates for federal office since 1987. To date, President George W. Bush, 43 U.S. senators, and 197 members of the U.S. House of Representatives have signed the Pledge. Additionally, seven Governors and over 1,100 state legislators have signed the Pledge as well.

“In signing the Pledge, Gov. Romney firmly commits himself in writing to fiscal discipline and economic common sense,” Grover Norquist said.“Mitt Romney has told taxpayers in no uncertain terms that he plans to look out for their interests.”

“I strongly encourage every Presidential candidate to sign the Pledge,” Norquist continued.
==========
Not So Fast

Oscoda, MI

#3 May 22, 2012
Like this guy doesn't deserve a salary? How much did Grasso get paid? Blankfein at Goldman Sachs? How much in bonus money was paid to all the executives with tax-payer money, for their bonuses?

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#4 May 22, 2012
one loon ignores it, the other tries to justify it...
par for the course.
Not So Fast

Oscoda, MI

#5 May 22, 2012
carey529 wrote:
one loon ignores it, the other tries to justify it...
par for the course.
More like, everyone loves trying to point the finger in the other direction.
Obama is a Moron

Maple Shade, NJ

#6 May 22, 2012
Obama asked Corzine for advise on how to fix our economy. What a douche bag! LOL
Not So Fast

Oscoda, MI

#7 May 22, 2012
Obama is a Moron wrote:
Obama asked Corzine for advise on how to fix our economy. What a douche bag! LOL
Well, at least it's better than asking George Bush. Then again, Bush couldn't ask Kenneth Lay, thank God!
Obama is a Moron

Maple Shade, NJ

#9 May 22, 2012
Not So Fast wrote:
<quoted text>Well, at least it's better than asking George Bush. Then again, Bush couldn't ask Kenneth Lay, thank God!
George Bush didn't lose 2 billion of customer money that I know of. Jon Corzine did. And Obama asks him for advise on our economy. You must be taking drugs with the rest of the retarded gullible democrats. LOL Obama is even dumber than Bush. I didn't think that was possible but the facts are the facts Jack.
Rob Johnston

AOL

#10 May 22, 2012
Corzine is ONLY a UnionCrat Democrat and no one expects BETTER from them these days. They destroy everything they touch. He decimated NJ's finances in service to his union masters.
Not So Fast

Oscoda, MI

#11 May 22, 2012
Obama is a Moron wrote:
<quoted text>George Bush didn't lose 2 billion of customer money that I know of. Jon Corzine did. And Obama asks him for advise on our economy. You must be taking drugs with the rest of the retarded gullible democrats. LOL Obama is even dumber than Bush. I didn't think that was possible but the facts are the facts Jack.
Bush is not a brain, and he needs to get his head out of his you-know-what. Nobody with any sense of rational, would do to this country for 8 years, what Bush and Cheney did. They are a legend in their OWN minds. They destroyed this country, because they WANTED to!BTW, we're still waiting for the "compassionate" part to kick in with Bush. I hope the Lord is just as "compassionate" one day!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#12 May 22, 2012
Why hasn't Holder,DOJ questioned any of Corzine's dealings? Could it be because he is tied to Obama's hip or a dems? Maybe both? Question,how in hell can a CEO of a company lose almost 2 billion dollars of investor's money and just walk away without a peep from the DOJ? Strange for sure.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#13 May 22, 2012
Biden once called Corzine the smartest guy in the room. That speaks volumes about that room full of democrats, specially Joe.
Not So Fast

Oscoda, MI

#14 May 22, 2012
inbred Genius wrote:
Biden once called Corzine the smartest guy in the room. That speaks volumes about that room full of democrats, specially Joe.
Bush was more in his league reading to the first graders on 9-11.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#15 May 22, 2012
Not So Fast wrote:
<quoted text>Bush was more in his league reading to the first graders on 9-11.
did he do like Obama, and use a teleprompter?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#16 May 22, 2012
inbred Genius wrote:
A chimp would be smarter than anyone that is in the democratic party.
Not So Fast

Oscoda, MI

#17 May 22, 2012
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
did he do like Obama, and use a teleprompter?
Well, at least Obama can READ the teleprompter. He can read his hands, also.
Obama is a Moron

Maple Shade, NJ

#18 May 22, 2012
Not So Fast wrote:
<quoted text>Bush is not a brain, and he needs to get his head out of his you-know-what. Nobody with any sense of rational, would do to this country for 8 years, what Bush and Cheney did. They are a legend in their OWN minds. They destroyed this country, because they WANTED to!BTW, we're still waiting for the "compassionate" part to kick in with Bush. I hope the Lord is just as "compassionate" one day!
It was the democratic congress and Barney Frank that ushered in the cheap loans for all the scumbags to borrow from before Bush left. THEY and you destroyed this country. It's all history now, Jack. LOL Democrats are gullible idiots.
Not So Fast

Oscoda, MI

#19 May 22, 2012
Obama is a Moron wrote:
<quoted text>It was the democratic congress and Barney Frank that ushered in the cheap loans for all the scumbags to borrow from before Bush left. THEY and you destroyed this country. It's all history now, Jack. LOL Democrats are gullible idiots.
You know, members of Congress will try to criticize Barney Frank, but I'm will to bet they got a bunch of special deals themselves, that INCLUDES some Republicans. I remember being a very young kid, and there was a lot of flap about people in Congress writing checks that bounced. These are the same people that want to preach responsibility to us. You can try to criticize those loans, but there is no doubt, they helped to spur on the economy. The job market was flourishing. I like how the PEOPLE should have to follow rules, but members of Congress can police themselves. Members of Congress got insider trader info, money from Corporate america. People get nothing but a tax bill.
Obama is a Moron

Maple Shade, NJ

#20 May 22, 2012
Not So Fast wrote:
<quoted text>You know, members of Congress will try to criticize Barney Frank, but I'm will to bet they got a bunch of special deals themselves, that INCLUDES some Republicans. I remember being a very young kid, and there was a lot of flap about people in Congress writing checks that bounced. These are the same people that want to preach responsibility to us. You can try to criticize those loans, but there is no doubt, they helped to spur on the economy. The job market was flourishing. I like how the PEOPLE should have to follow rules, but members of Congress can police themselves. Members of Congress got insider trader info, money from Corporate america. People get nothing but a tax bill.
Well, as I said, you have to blame Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and Obama who started the bad loan practice two years before the Bush administration was done. Bush was a lame duck and couldn't stop the democratic majority in Congress, including Obama who was part of a lawsuit that sued Citicorp into making those stupid idiotic loans by the way, so history has recorded the facts and the main stream media cannot hide them forever from even the most gullible stupid democrat. And there are TONS of those out there. LOL. Tons and tons.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#21 May 22, 2012
Why isn't that stealing, slimebag, liberal behind bars?
Not So Fast

Oscoda, MI

#22 May 22, 2012
Obama is a Moron wrote:
<quoted text>Well, as I said, you have to blame Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and Obama who started the bad loan practice two years before the Bush administration was done. Bush was a lame duck and couldn't stop the democratic majority in Congress, including Obama who was part of a lawsuit that sued Citicorp into making those stupid idiotic loans by the way, so history has recorded the facts and the main stream media cannot hide them forever from even the most gullible stupid democrat. And there are TONS of those out there. LOL. Tons and tons.
Now you're really trying to spew those lies. We need to investigate those secret energy meetings, and the start of the Iraq war.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Investment Services Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elizabeth Warren wants to probe if Fed is too c... Dec 12 Swedenforever 6
Stocks plummet as Paulson says Feds won't buy b... (Nov '08) Dec 9 swedenforever 24
Goldman called clients 'muppets,' ex-executive ... (Mar '12) Dec 6 Swedenforever 70
Sector Wrap: Medical Device Makers Mixed (Jul '07) Nov 30 Andarz Abedini 79
Top 9 Vacation Destinations For Wall Street Geeks Nov 30 Andarz Abedini 2
5 Things to Know About Big Banks, the Federal R... Nov 30 Andarz Abedini 5
Merrill Lynch Was The Epitome of Bringing Wall ... (Jun '14) Nov 28 Andarz Abedini 2