Chesapeake Selling Assets

May 29, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wheeling News

Chesapeake Energy plans to sell more than 500,000 acres of leases and reduce director compensation to help eliminate debt - and pay back the $4 billion loan the company received from Goldman Sachs.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Jun 17, 2012
Dwight Baker

Eagle Pass, TX

#1 May 29, 2012
Wildcatter proves out He can win too!
By Dwight Baker
Dbaker22@stx.rr.com
May 29, 2012

ARTICLE
Chesapeake Selling Assets
http://news-register.net/page/content.detail/...

EXCERPT
Shares of Chesapeake Energy closed at $15.58 on the New York Stock Exchange on Thursday. This is up from $14.65 per share last week, but down from $17.18 two weeks ago. The price is less than half of the $35.75 price recorded on Aug. 2; and is less than one-third of the $54.77 price from May 2008.

MY TAKE

Writing down debt in actions of austerity cried out from those on the outside are attempts to make most investors weary using SLAVE TALK. Not only that but the SLAVE TALK today is being used on ALL to bring about suspicions of our way of life becoming extinct.

Who originated and pushed the propaganda button of SLAVE TALK? Edward Bernays did he provided the backbone of our worn out policies and politics of today. http://www.prwatch.org/prwissues/1999Q2/berna...

Too much to say about how one man can set up an entire world wide view that reacts as he dictated to Pleasure, Fear and the words used in SALVE TALK.

Last Aubrey McClendon is a wildcatter and to his credit he has done a good job at it. He is not perfect but then WHO IS? ExxonMobil has inspired the actions in the news or propaganda for they want what McClendon has done and they want to buy in----- when prices continue to decline. Their founder JD Rockefeller said “Best time to buy is when blood runs in the street’!
Bama McCall

San Antonio, TX

#2 Jun 1, 2012
dont know about slave talk but the majority of Chesapeaks wells are uneconomic using NYMX gas futures, and they have a huge debt burden. look at their eagleford holdings...they got in late, paid too much for the acreage, and did not get in a sweet spot. What is the value if acreage that is uneconomic at current prices?
Simon Says

AOL

#3 Jun 1, 2012
Chesapeake is a giant disappointment and misled many to gain it's riches.
Bama McCall

Houston, TX

#4 Jun 1, 2012
Now oil is dropping like a rock while Chesapeake is trying to sell oil assets....

I think the company is in more toruble than we know.
dkpb

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Jun 13, 2012
NO one has mentioned any connection to selling out to China??? He was tight with them. I'm surprised to hear nothing. Just a thought.
Bama McCall

San Antonio, TX

#6 Jun 17, 2012
I don't think Aubrey can make that decision. He is no longer COB and owns a pip squeak amount of stock. Aubrey is fading into the sunset...and fast. I wonder if there is any value there. I am in the oil business and I think Chesapeake is inflating the per well reserves, as many others do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Investment Services Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will the Prez Call Out...The Oracle? 5 hr Chubsterz 2
Homeowners lose Katrina insurance flood case (Aug '06) Aug 27 swedenforever 10
Owner of Michael Jackson's Former Neverland Ran... Aug 27 goodvibrations 201
Stocks plummet as Paulson says Feds won't buy b... (Nov '08) Aug 26 swedenforever 22
Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest Aug 26 Robert Burns 1
Walgreen set for layoffs at HQ (Nov '13) Aug 25 Spider 19
JPMorgan, BofA to raise junior banker pay by 20... Aug 22 WhyNotMe 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Investment Services People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••