How to give critical IT performance r...

How to give critical IT performance reviews

Posted in the Human Resources Forum

Alissa Ohashi

Elizabeth, NJ

#1 Jan 23, 2013
http://www.infusivesolutions.com/download-our...

With the aggressive deliverables and meticulous nature required from IT professionals, failures from you technical staff are all but inevitable. And when problems such as these occur, criticism can often come down forcefully from leadership, especially when a high-pressure outcome is on the line.

But, because of how fast-paced the industry is, there simply is no time for IT professionals to do anything but take that feedback in stride, implement any necessary changes and illustrate to their team that they understand their expectations and won’t repeat the same error again.

But, as important as it is for technical employees to bounce back in the wake of, let’s say a poor coding review, people in leadership need to recognize how their approach to providing criticism is deeply intertwined with whether a weakness can be turned into a strength.

With that in mind, we recently put together a guide entitled ‘Step into my office: Best Practices for Critical IT Performance Reviews,’ and wanted to share with anyone in business leadership or human resources.

Let us know what you think!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Human Resources Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Noble Manhattan Coaching Reports Nov 21 Chuck Clement 1
Will a Misdemeanor of larceny keep me from gett... (Mar '08) Nov 11 Akuah 20
Is this fraud? Nov '16 HRwonder 1
Working at Amazon with SSDI Oct '16 adambrucks 1
Employee injured in personal vehicle on persona... Sep '16 Diamonds_2016 1
how to calculate over time as FTE Sep '16 eeps24 1
Applicant Question. Sep '16 Christy2016 1
More from around the web