Termination rights/Poor performance

Termination rights/Poor performance

Posted in the Human Resources Forum

JR Michaels

Mckeesport, PA

#1 Mar 5, 2014
Hello, I'm currently a college student studying HRM and I'm looking for some insight on a specific situation for a project. The scenerio is as follows:

"Angela" has been employed at Hall Office Products for over 20 years. The owner of the store promised her a job for life in a letter of commendation several years ago. Angela's job performance has been less than excellent in recent years and she is in the disciplinary process. Angela has disregarded efforts to address her poor performance and says that she has an “agreement” with the owner and will sue if she is fired. The store manager fears that she is “untouchable”.

Any insight involving applicable laws in terms of the employee's rights and also the rights of the employer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Human Resources Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wage Garnishments Mar 29 mrafferty 1
Sexual harassment question Mar 22 CuriousBoss 1
News Data on Investors Obtained by Fraud (Jul '06) Mar '18 curly headed fish... 5
Union avoidance supervisor training Feb '18 kmarsh 1
Any one used chatbots in HR? any pointers? Feb '18 HRpro 1
Hiring Feb '18 sphinx710 1
staffing coordinator at lifecare center of palm... Jan '18 Seven Moore 1