Unfinished business: High-end home builder in Fort Lauderdale s...

There are 201 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Feb 20, 2009, titled Unfinished business: High-end home builder in Fort Lauderdale s.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

FORT LAUDERDALE Glenn Wright's fortunes soared with the city's hunger for luxury real estate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Wright is Wrong

Sarasota, FL

#139 Feb 23, 2009
Got it all Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Well dammit, shame on Vince Clancy for not running all over town taking down signs and advertisements. Trust me, if he could have, he would have, its not that easy jackass!
Actually, it is rather easy to take down signs. Easier than putting them up. "If he could have, he would have"? So you are saying he could not take down the signs. Why not? Who stopped him? Who prohibeted him? Why can't he take down a few signs? If it helps to save his name, his business, his reputation. I bet the signs come down now that the Sentinel has published the article. OH WAIT - he can't take them down, right...because if he could he would. Why not?
Apock

United States

#141 Feb 23, 2009
with reason wrote:
I'm sorry that people have lost their deposits, but he is hardly a crook. His company has closed. Unfortunately this is one of the risks of buying pre-construction. Obviously the posters here have never bought new construction or don't know how it works. Deposits are used to get to a certain stage in the building and the bank finances the building loan. If you need to be angry, there are a whole host of villains you can be angry with, starting with the bank I suppose. I am sure that the buyers will be able to buy one of the foreclosed properties for a song and still be ahead of the game. I fail to see how greed plays into this. The man offered a high-end product, and by all accounts he was a good builder. The deposits were used to to erect the shell of the homes and unfortunately,he could no longer stay in business. I don't see how this is an example of someone running off with the buyers money. The buyers have stated their homes are partially constructed. Tell them to get a hold of Wachovia to arrange for a building loan and work out a deal to get someone to finish it.
It isn't a crime to shut down your business because the bank has called your loans and it doesn't make you a crook because you have failed.
This is an example of a cautionary tale. As a consumer, every time you put a deposit down on something, be aware that if the business folds, you might well be out your money.
Yours is one of the few comments on this board that makes sense.
Reelthing

Lake Worth, FL

#142 Feb 24, 2009
Wright is Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it is rather easy to take down signs. Easier than putting them up. "If he could have, he would have"? So you are saying he could not take down the signs. Why not? Who stopped him? Who prohibeted him? Why can't he take down a few signs? If it helps to save his name, his business, his reputation. I bet the signs come down now that the Sentinel has published the article. OH WAIT - he can't take them down, right...because if he could he would. Why not?
I knocked them down for him.
Just trying to help.
Bob Bob

Boca Raton, FL

#143 Feb 24, 2009
Does Patty Wright know that Glenn and Vince were sleeping togeter. I heard Glenn's attorney Jay Richardson the biggest of all crooks and Margaret Santiago would watch and take pictures.
Linda Henley

Boca Raton, FL

#144 Feb 24, 2009
I am a former rep for Jp Morgan Chase. I told Ace the buyer that Chase would never close a loan without a certificate of occupancy. The processor told Ace on the day of closing their was a co in the file. Guess what the owner was locked out for months. The processor told me that her boss at Tampa Wholesale said to fund the loan becuase they needed to make their monthly bonuses. Now add Chase to the list of deceipt and lies.
Ace

Boca Raton, FL

#145 Feb 24, 2009
I bought Glenn Wright in Rio Vista and he closed and was locked out of the house for over 4 months. His contract stated no co no closing. You want to get somebody you go after Indepenedent Title of Broward and Margaret Santiago and Helen Norman you forged Glenns name to the deed. By the way Independent Title chaged their name to Independent title of Ft Lauderdale run by Margaret Santiago's son.
Jp MOrgan Chase required a co at closing as well. They gave me a write of recession on a purchase money loan and funded anyway. I have filed suite again Glenn and Patty Indelependent and Jp Morgan Chase. I looking foward to seeing all these guys go to jail and soon.
Ace

Boca Raton, FL

#146 Feb 24, 2009
Linda thanks for coming foward. I have hired a real sharp attorney to get though this. I have filed suite in Broward against all 3 Glenn and Patty and Independent Title ann Jp Morgan Chase. My life has been shattered by this whole mess but when the judge sees and hears all justice will prevail. I love Chases comment after a year of negociations and this comes from Kelly W at Chase and I quote. We funded the loan in good faith and you owe us the money. Do I have an IQ of 5 that I would buy a home I could not live in. Chase get real.
bobby d

Boca Raton, FL

#147 Feb 24, 2009
yes I am SERIOUS wrote:
Amen to everyone in trouble. I pray I am on the jury that convicts Glenn Wright and Clancy and lets not forget Santiago the crook. I will be sitting back having a drink laughing. Remember...you are all going down
I agree Margaret Santiago of Independent Title of Broward aka Independent Title of Ft Lauderdal. We are trying to serve her. She will be found.
Wright is Wrong

Sarasota, FL

#148 Feb 24, 2009
Need signs taken down. Outsource the task to someone for $20.00 an hour - shouldn't have to spend more than $100.00 to have the problem completely remedied. Hopefully $100.00 is still within Clancy's budget
Rodney King

Pompano Beach, FL

#149 Feb 24, 2009
Cant we all just get along??!!
Unhappy LaPreserver

West Palm Beach, FL

#151 Feb 24, 2009
Are you kidding me? Vince Clancy has a listing on his website of an unfinished Glenn Wright home. Is this flamer for real people? It will be sitting like that forever. Let us remember, Glenn Wright doesnt finish homes. And you want us to believe that you are still not in bed with Glenn Wright. Yeah right sweet cheeks. I would say you and him are more than in bed with each other.
mrs clancy

United States

#154 Feb 24, 2009
poor poor vince I did the best I could with him. Oh well whether all the comments are true or false, vince's reputation is trash in this town. Someone needs to tell him it's over for him in Ft Ld. No one can ever trust him or take him seriously. Poor poor vince.
By the way vince if you are reading this stop responding to comments under other peoples names. Do the only decent thing left in your sorry life, turn yourself in or get out of Ft Ld. while you can.
Mamma

Miami, FL

#155 Feb 24, 2009
Clancy if I were you I'd go into the witness protection plan. We all know what you look like, where you live now & where you are operating from. Remember you can run but you can not hide. Come out come out where ever you are Vimcey.....
Truth or Dare

Miami, FL

#156 Feb 24, 2009
Vince it's days now since the article came out & the gossip about you is growing. Perhaps this of your cue to leave town for good.
bobby d

Boca Raton, FL

#157 Feb 25, 2009
Unhappy LaPreserver wrote:
If anyone wants to personally express their frustration to scum bag weazle Wright, when you get to his building located at 1212 East Broward, take the elevator to the top floor, when the elevator door opens, you are in the beasts lair. When they tell you he's not there, they are lying. There is not indication that his office is there, but it is.
Lets setup a time and date when we can all meet with the police, OUr next stop will be Independent Title of Broward or should I say Indepenedent title of Ft Lauderdale.
Next will be Jp Morgan Chase after that.
bobby d

Boca Raton, FL

#158 Feb 25, 2009
Apock wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours is one of the few comments on this board that makes sense.
But closing on an home that is not finished and no certificate is a a crime. How would you like to pay for a mtg on a house you could not live in. Lets talk who the real matermind here Patty Wright. She plays in am so sick. Anyone willing to get together and go to Glenns office. Mr Burstein you started this and the story should be told now you should go full circle.
Mark Hanson Delray

Boca Raton, FL

#159 Feb 25, 2009
yes I am SERIOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Will the real HUD please stand up!!
Independent Title Margaret Santiago. I had 5 huds take your pick.
attorney west palm beach

Boca Raton, FL

#160 Feb 25, 2009
Does anyone remember Craig Loey. He is the winner hear. I bet he has a lot to say
Unhappy LaPreserver

West Palm Beach, FL

#162 Feb 25, 2009
I am embarrassed to admit that I live in a LaPreserve home....
aatoeny general

Boca Raton, FL

#164 Feb 26, 2009
Unhappy LaPreserver wrote:
I am embarrassed to admit that I live in a LaPreserve home....
Is it tru that Glenn still has control of the association. Did you close at Independent Title ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Housing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York's Fire Island: hope after Sandy May 20 FIbeach15 1
News Hamptons Million-Dollar Homes Bolster Real Esta... May 1 GUEST 2
News Luxury home builders invent new tactics to draw... (Jan '09) Apr '15 Butter Bean 6
News Union Co. revaluation leads to first decrease i... Mar '15 Omg 2
News Is Your Real Estate Agent Making $1,000 an Hour? Mar '15 probably Owner is 1
News Five real estate trends to watch in 2015 Mar '15 scottbullock 2
News Home sales climb 2% in October (Nov '12) Mar '15 defafalkhleej 27
More from around the web