Levitz Furniture Going Out of Business

Levitz Furniture, which has been in business since 1910, is closing all 76 stores nationwide. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Educate everyone.”

Since: Aug 07

Sacramento, California

#2 Dec 7, 2007
In business 97 years. Amazing.

I got my first good credit with Levitz furniture.

Bet lots of other people did too.

Sorry to see them go.

“Listening ears are on”

Since: Dec 07

Morgan City, LA

#3 Dec 7, 2007
My first living room set lasted well over a decade. It was affordable AND tasteful. Good Times. Thanks, Levitz.
Joe

Elk Grove, CA

#4 Dec 7, 2007
And another one gone. Another one bites the dust...

“Enough”

Since: Oct 07

Broderick

#5 Dec 7, 2007
man im getting old, just wait till im 40!
who was the furniture company who used the sponsor "night comfort theatre" on channel 40 like 20 years ago?

“Educate everyone.”

Sacramento, California

#6 Dec 7, 2007
When they went into business my father still wasn't due to be born for another 9 years. Matter of fact, my grandfather and grandmother had only been married for THREE years. My grandmother was only 27 years old...as old as my oldest daughter is now.

Obviously, this sort of stuff really gets to me. lol
RealityCheck

Grass Valley, CA

#7 Dec 7, 2007
Unfortunately Levitz hasn't felt the need to advertise in YEARS! Ikea, Kohl's, RC Willey all know how important it is to get their name out there ALL THE TIME. Sounds like a 'survival of the fittest' thing to me. "You'll Love It At Lev-itz!" ooh...sorry...not any more.

Location hidden

#8 Dec 7, 2007
haas73 wrote:
man im getting old, just wait till im 40!
who was the furniture company who used the sponsor "night comfort theatre" on channel 40 like 20 years ago?
Tom LaBrie

We bought a waterbed from LaBrie's Waterbed Warehouse in the early 80's.
couch potatoe

Sacramento, CA

#9 Dec 7, 2007
OMG, I haven't heard of Tom LaBrie since whenever it was...memory lane...good times!!!
RealityCheck

Grass Valley, CA

#10 Dec 7, 2007
BTW....wasn't Levitz the first 'big box' store in Sacramento? I remember the Watt Avenue store as being GIGANTIC! It rivaled WalMart in size. Why weren't they able to compete? Very sad.
Just Me

Sacramento, CA

#11 Dec 7, 2007
C-YA

Two of my friends were killed in an auto accident. Their 2 year old son lived. They were on the way to the new home they bought in Yuba City. Even though escrow had closed all of the money was returned to care for the baby. They had just purchased a very expensive living room set from Levitz. Levitz would take the plastic wrapped furniture back, but only returned 50% of the money. They called it a restocking fee. They are reaping what they sow. Treat your customers like crap and you lose them. I am sure the baby they screwed over had little to do with them going out of business but nobody who knew this family ever shopped there again!!!

“Let the games begin....”

Citrus Heights, CA

#12 Dec 7, 2007
Have_A_Heart wrote:
<quoted text>
Tom LaBrie
We bought a waterbed from LaBrie's Waterbed Warehouse in the early 80's.
Wow, that's a blast from the past. Didn't he become Sleep Train?
Just Me

Sacramento, CA

#13 Dec 7, 2007
Atheena wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that's a blast from the past. Didn't he become Sleep Train?
No he did not
Tom La Brie reminds me

Turlock, CA

#14 Dec 7, 2007
I watched those movies hosted by Tom LaBrie. That reminds me of the movies hosted by Bob Wilkins. I didn't know my memory went back that far.

El Dorado Hills, CA

#15 Dec 7, 2007
LaBrie's is still open, unless it is under a different name. He still sells waterbed, he also sells awesome wall beds :)

Location hidden

#16 Dec 7, 2007
Tom La Brie reminds me wrote:
I watched those movies hosted by Tom LaBrie. That reminds me of the movies hosted by Bob Wilkins. I didn't know my memory went back that far.
My memory has been jogged also. I remember staying up late with my older brother to watch those "scary" movies hosted by Bob. The Creature from the Black Lagoon comes to mind.
Pam

Citrus Heights, CA

#17 Dec 7, 2007
Thought they were out of business years ago. Their furniture was crap but it was great for people just starting out.

“Insert words of wisdom here”

Fair Oaks

#18 Dec 7, 2007
Miss Debby wrote:
LaBrie's is still open, unless it is under a different name. He still sells waterbed, he also sells awesome wall beds :)
Miss Debby? Are you a bobcat?
Mike H

Sacramento, CA

#20 Dec 7, 2007
Well I guess people have to look elsewhere to buy a $900 sofa eh? Maybe RC Willey is next

“Let the games begin....”

Citrus Heights, CA

#21 Dec 7, 2007
Tom La Brie reminds me wrote:
Oh my. I remember those too! Are we dating ourselves, or what?

Anyone remember Rod Serling's Night Gallery? That show used to scare the *&%^( out of me!!

“Educate everyone.”

Sacramento, California

#22 Dec 7, 2007
Just Me - Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Miss Debby? Are you a bobcat?
Don't you mean 'Are you a Cougar'?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Household Products Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marvin Ellison Named President/CEO of JCPenney 6 hr LilDaisy21 4
Lawsuits claims Aarons providing bed bug-infest... (Mar '12) Oct 15 something else 86
Home Depot: 56 million cards exposed in breach Sep 23 Philip Cohen 1
Tesla charging station under construction in To... Sep 22 Keef Wivaneff 1
Activist pleads guilty in Ohio for P&G HQ protest Sep '14 Pops 1
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Home Depot, ... Sep '14 saL 1
Home Depot holds job fair for Brampton West store Aug '14 JAnet 1

Household Products People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE