Lowe's reorganizes senior management

Lowe's reorganizes senior management

There are 34 comments on the Business Journal story from Aug 29, 2011, titled Lowe's reorganizes senior management. In it, Business Journal reports that:

Operations at the company's U.S. stores will be organized into three divisions. The divisional structure will be streamlined to 14 regions from 21.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Business Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#21 Sep 21, 2011
LeadH20Quack wrote:
<quoted text>She is a SM! I am sure she is sure!
I'm aware of who she is. My point was she must have some good "intel". I do agree that its about time!
In a perfect world

Grand Rapids, MI

#22 Sep 21, 2011
All of the other reductions in workforce have been through consolidation of position. I believe their are at least 60 DM's corporate-wide whose performance probably warrants reduction,but that is wishful thinking.

My question to you all is ,Can they consolidate the DM position enough to make a difference ? Each DM oversees approx,9-12 stores each. Logistically, how many can they cover?
AOM's, AHR and ALP's cover 20-25.(approx.2 dist.)
counting

Lexington, KY

#23 Sep 28, 2011
there are currently 188 districts

Location hidden

#24 Oct 1, 2011
DM's got the word yesterday. Cutting 56 districts. They will need to interview for their positions from October 3 thru 10.

Location hidden

#25 Oct 1, 2011
How ironic.
Joe

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#26 Oct 1, 2011
itsallgoodtoday wrote:
How ironic.
Agreed!
In a perfect world

Grand Rapids, MI

#27 Oct 1, 2011
In a perfect world wrote:
All of the other reductions in workforce have been through consolidation of position. I believe their are at least 60 DM's corporate-wide whose performance probably warrants reduction,but that is wishful thinking.
I guess if you wish hard enough, wishes DO come true !!
skyy

Mooresville, NC

#28 Oct 1, 2011
I dont know about your districts, but ours has no fat. Our DM is one of the brightest guys i have ever worked with. Lets hope that when they cut that they make the right decisions and it is not political.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#29 Oct 1, 2011
agreed skyy-not so sure that will happen...too many good ole boys in the club.
:-)

Corinth, MS

#30 Oct 2, 2011
skyy wrote:
I dont know about your districts, but ours has no fat. Our DM is one of the brightest guys i have ever worked with. Lets hope that when they cut that they make the right decisions and it is not political.
I wish this were true of all districts. However, our former RVP was one of the good ole boys and he is gone. Perhaps this means that the layer of protection he provided for my DM has eroded. Let's hope. He is a complete and utter moron.

Since: Oct 11

Hattiesburg, MS

#31 Oct 6, 2011
Nessun Dorma wrote:
<quoted text>
Look for approx. 60 DM jobs to be eliminated. Bout damn time.
Don't think for one second that any job is safe! You seem to be very happy that so many Distrct Mangers are being laid off. I once was a Lowes employee and I can promise you that with your attitude you will not last long in any position for any length of time. And yes Karma is a Bitch!

Location hidden

#32 Oct 7, 2011
Allie5213 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't think for one second that any job is safe! You seem to be very happy that so many Distrct Mangers are being laid off. I once was a Lowes employee and I can promise you that with your attitude you will not last long in any position for any length of time. And yes Karma is a Bitch!
If only you knew .....
kysoul

Nortonville, KY

#33 Oct 7, 2011
Our DM came into the store about as wired up as one could be not knowing if come Monday if they will hav a job, Thats got to be nerve wrenching. I hope the best for all of them. Some of them might have been hard to deal with but they need there jobs like anyne else.
Frankieboy

Mankato, MN

#34 Oct 7, 2011
It is gut wrenching knowing something is going to happen and wondering if it includes you. If Lowes knows the changes why wait until Monday-get it over with. But, maybe some of those worried did the same thing to the people who got let go about a year ago, so, maybe it is good they feel the heat. It is still gut wrenching and I hate it when anybody gets fired or loses their job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Household Products Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Home Depot worker's 'America Was Never Great' h... (May '16) Sat Well Well 35
News Trump's Pick For Secretary Of Education Is Bets... Fri TomInElPaso 6
News Lawsuits claims Aarons providing bed bug-infest... (Mar '12) Nov 14 grossedout 134
News Lowe's in Trouble (Feb '12) Oct '16 nedm 317
News America's highest paid CEO puts giant Orinda es... Oct '16 TRUMPLING me 2
News Restoration Hardware paint.... (Feb '09) Oct '16 Gary 6
News Corporate Greed Profile: Lowes CEO, Robert A. N... (Nov '09) Sep '16 tekkytommy 117
More from around the web