Did Home Depot Discriminate Against O...

Did Home Depot Discriminate Against Older Gay Employees?

There are 8 comments on the EDGE story from Oct 8, 2013, titled Did Home Depot Discriminate Against Older Gay Employees?. In it, EDGE reports that:

A former Home Depot employee filed a $100,000 lawsuit in California against the home improvement retail chain, claiming the company fired gay male employees during the 2008 financial collapse in order to save money, the New York Daily News reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Oct 8, 2013
I knew a cute gay guy who worked at the Home Depot by me on Route 112 in Patchogue, and my friend, Big Al, used to always call him "Homo Depot John". LOL
Sir Andrew

Honolulu, HI

#2 Oct 8, 2013
I want to get riled, but this story is from Edge so I have no confidence that any part of the story is true. I'm waiting for a more reliable news source to report on this. Which begs the question: Why hasn't a more reliable news source reported on this?

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#3 Oct 8, 2013
Sir Andrew wrote:
I want to get riled, but this story is from Edge so I have no confidence that any part of the story is true. I'm waiting for a more reliable news source to report on this. Which begs the question: Why hasn't a more reliable news source reported on this?
And how, exactly, do you think the article would be reported in the LA Times or anywhere else? The facts are that a former employee filed a suit making several accusations about anti-gay behavior from Home Depot management. Home Depot denied the allegations. This article could be written from a XML template: Just provide name of plaintiff, court location, nature of charges, accused organization, and name of spokesman for the accused.

Would you have any greater confidence in the veracity of the charges if you'd read the same story in the Times?
Blake

United States

#5 Oct 8, 2013
Just another story about another queer suing somebody, YAWN!!!
Chance

Grove City, PA

#6 Oct 8, 2013
I think this story was made up by Home Depot to try to recover the customers they lost from all their participation in gay pride parades.
Homeless Depot

Milpitas, CA

#7 Oct 8, 2013
Chance wrote:
I think this story was made up by Home Depot to try to recover the customers they lost from all their participation in gay pride parades.
Not the sharpest knife in the box-cutter aisle, are you?
ccc

Chino, CA

#8 Oct 8, 2013
where can i see my store's VOC score from home?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#9 Oct 8, 2013
fr Chance:

>I think this story was made up by Home Depot to try to recover the customers they lost from all their participation in gay pride parades. <

Nope, wrong. Whenever my wife and I go to Home Depot, it's ALWAYS packed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Household Products Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Franklin Resources Inc. Sells 629,062 Shares of... Jul 21 Anonymous 4
News Insider Selling: Lowe's Companies, Inc. (LOW) C... Jul 1 Goat nuts 18
News Bealls expanding stores (Jun '06) Jun '17 USS LIBERTY 6
How to choose Bathroom Mat? May '17 Marie Bacon 2
What are the best life hacks for keeping a hous... May '17 Sam Jaundrell 2
News Lowe's: Macro Tailwinds To Lift Quarter Results May '17 BOB 1
News Lowe's Companies, Inc. (LOW) Stake Reduced by H... May '17 BOB 1
More from around the web