Home Depot to lay off about 7,000 emp...

Home Depot to lay off about 7,000 employees

There are 154 comments on the LA Daily News story from Jan 26, 2009, titled Home Depot to lay off about 7,000 employees. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

The Home Depot announced today it plans to lay off about 7,000 employees, or about 2 percent of its workforce, and shutter its Expo design centers, including six stores in the Southland.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Oct 07

United States

#185 May 22, 2009
MGV wrote:
This sounds more like racial statement for one! And second it is not to blame anyone that is looking for work! How funny it is that everyone starts pointing out fingers at others but never see or undestand on why the economy is going down hill. Instead of pointing the finger on others, why dont you make a difference by helping or improving the way this country should be run.
Why don't you make sense? Why don't you stop defending people who could look for work in their own countries. Why are you pointing fingers at other on this board?
Sky

San Francisco, CA

#186 May 22, 2009
A big problem for swap meets where the merchandise is sold that goes out the back door.
Millie

Norristown, PA

#189 Jul 14, 2011
I work at the Home Depot near Long Beach Island, New Jersey. Every single day, groups of Mexican "painters" bring in the oddest color samples I've ever seen, and want us to color match it and make more of the same. Without fail, they complain that the color is not accurate. They never buy the paint. Instead, they come back the next day, and look for the cans we prepared for them in the clearance section. Corrupt, liars, bold-faced and haughty, these Mexicans have absolutely no respect for white people or the white man's laws that govern. Yet, if an employee would dare to speak up and say the truth about these ethnic misfits, they'd be sacked on the spot. So much for justice and the American way! The statue of liberty is a whore because she lets anybody in!
Scott

Norristown, PA

#190 Jul 15, 2011
Home Depot loses thousands of good employees every year, due to indiscriminate layoffs and bad judgement calls, made by ignorant, incapable so-called managers. The only people left in all the stores are either dog eat dog types, or disabled retards who can sue if they get let go. That will give you some idea about the disgusting quality of people who work at Home Depot: they are all Walmart rejects! Also, do you think any of the tens of thousands of people who have been laid off or unjustly let go from Hone Depot, would ever return there to shop again? Hell no! They and their families all go to Lowes and other competitors! Home Depot will not be missed by anybody but the Mexicans, who are robbing H.D. blind!!!
unlawful conduct by HD

Tucson, AZ

#192 Jul 15, 2011
Millie wrote:
I work at the Home Depot near Long Beach Island, New Jersey. Every single day, groups of Mexican "painters" bring in the oddest color samples I've ever seen, and want us to color match it and make more of the same. Without fail, they complain that the color is not accurate. They never buy the paint. Instead, they come back the next day, and look for the cans we prepared for them in the clearance section. Corrupt, liars, bold-faced and haughty, these Mexicans have absolutely no respect for white people or the white man's laws that govern. Yet, if an employee would dare to speak up and say the truth about these ethnic misfits, they'd be sacked on the spot. So much for justice and the American way! The statue of liberty is a whore because she lets anybody in!
wow, you're total racist garbage, you know that?

and when it comes to the oops paint, you're supposed to add extra colorant so they can't come back the next day and get the color they wanted for cheap.
Scott

Leesport, PA

#193 Jul 15, 2011
unlawful conduct by HD wrote:
<quoted text>
and when it comes to the oops paint, you're supposed to add extra colorant so they can't come back the next day and get the color they wanted for cheap.
I rest my case, except I forgot to mention the Jamaican racist manager we have who uses every opportunity to destroy the jobs of as many white employees as he can.
Rose

Leesport, PA

#194 Jul 15, 2011
<quoted text>
Wow, is someone really racist garbage for speaking the truth? That's ridiculous logic! That card was played out long ago, and no longer works.
Tracy

Leesport, PA

#195 Jul 15, 2011
Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, is someone really racist garbage for speaking the truth? That's ridiculous logic! That card was played out long ago, and no longer works.
Yes, well said. And I just love watching the "bros", as they fondle their own genitals, while trying to pick up the white chics...
unlawful conduct by HD

Tucson, AZ

#196 Jul 15, 2011
Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
you said previously:
"no respect for white people or the white man's laws that govern"

actually moron, i rest my case. and why do you keep making posts under multiple names?
you're a racist sh1tbag, no two ways about it. i hope you talk that kind of sh1t to the wrong person one day. get out of here you troll.
MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL

United States

#197 Jul 16, 2011
REPLY FOR JUST TOO MANY...IMMIGRANT OR ILLEGAL ARE TWO DIFFERENT TERMS..WITH TWO CONPLETELY DEFINITIONS... NOT ALL IMMIGRANTS OR ALL U.S CITIZENS ARE SAINTS OR CRIMINAL...I aM CERTAIN THAT THESE PERSO TALKING SO NEGATIVE ABOUT THESE IMMIGRANTS MIGHT BE A U.S CITIZEN AND AS WELL I KNOW THEY HE MIGHT HAVE A CRIMINAL RECORD AND OBIOUSLY ITS JUST A JEAULOUS SIGN THAT IMMIGRANTS SEARCH AND RESEARCH FOR WAYS OF BRINGING FOOD TO THEIR FAMILIES TABLES... I PERSONALLY HAVE HELPED MANY OF THEMAND FOR YOUR INFORMATION ITS BEEN ALL GOOD, HONEST AND Hard worker THAT ARE HUMAN BEINGS...AGAIN BEING ILLEAGAL HERE DOES NOT MAKE ANY ONE A CRIMINAL...NEITHER BEING AN IMMIGRANT...THERE ARE SO MANY US CITIZENS AS THIS ONE THAT MADE THAT COMENT HARRASSING OR DISCRIMINATING PEOPLE INSTEAD OF LOOKING FOR A JOB OR HELP PEOPLE THEY LOOK FOR WAYS TO MAKE PEOPLE FEEL LINE ALIES FROM ANOTHER WORLD..LET STOP THIS DISCRIMINAATION NOW...THERE SHOULD NOT BE MANY BORDERS, OR MANY FLAGS..WE SHOULD ALL BE TREATED EQUALITY NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!!!
Baller

Hilmar, CA

#198 Jul 16, 2011
Memo to all you bigots: IF YOU DON'T LIKKKE THE SIGHT OF MEXICANS LOOKKKING FOR WORKKK AT YOUR LOCAL HARDWARE STORE. THERE'S A SIMPLE SOLUTION. MOVE TO SASKKKATCHEWAN.
unlawful conduct by HD

Tucson, AZ

#199 Jul 16, 2011
MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL wrote:
REPLY FOR JUST TOO MANY...IMMIGRANT OR ILLEGAL ARE TWO DIFFERENT TERMS..WITH TWO CONPLETELY DEFINITIONS... NOT ALL IMMIGRANTS OR ALL U.S CITIZENS ARE SAINTS OR CRIMINAL...I aM CERTAIN THAT THESE PERSO TALKING SO NEGATIVE ABOUT THESE IMMIGRANTS MIGHT BE A U.S CITIZEN AND AS WELL I KNOW THEY HE MIGHT HAVE A CRIMINAL RECORD AND OBIOUSLY ITS JUST A JEAULOUS SIGN THAT IMMIGRANTS SEARCH AND RESEARCH FOR WAYS OF BRINGING FOOD TO THEIR FAMILIES TABLES... I PERSONALLY HAVE HELPED MANY OF THEMAND FOR YOUR INFORMATION ITS BEEN ALL GOOD, HONEST AND Hard worker THAT ARE HUMAN BEINGS...AGAIN BEING ILLEAGAL HERE DOES NOT MAKE ANY ONE A CRIMINAL...NEITHER BEING AN IMMIGRANT...THERE ARE SO MANY US CITIZENS AS THIS ONE THAT MADE THAT COMENT HARRASSING OR DISCRIMINATING PEOPLE INSTEAD OF LOOKING FOR A JOB OR HELP PEOPLE THEY LOOK FOR WAYS TO MAKE PEOPLE FEEL LINE ALIES FROM ANOTHER WORLD..LET STOP THIS DISCRIMINAATION NOW...THERE SHOULD NOT BE MANY BORDERS, OR MANY FLAGS..WE SHOULD ALL BE TREATED EQUALITY NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!!!
seriously, chill with the caps lock, especially if you're trying to make a statement.
Tracy

Woodbury, NJ

#200 Jul 16, 2011
<quoted text>
you said previously:
"no respect for white people or the white man's laws that govern"
actually moron, i rest my case. and why do you keep making posts under multiple names?
you're a racist sh1tbag, no two ways about it. i hope you talk that kind of sh1t to the wrong person one day. get out of here you troll.
Yes, and I can just picture you, with your new mellinial required half black brats, tattoos, body piercings, designer STD's, and hooked up inter-racially, just to prove how 'tolerant and hip' you are!!!
unlawful conduct by HD

Tucson, AZ

#201 Jul 16, 2011
Tracy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and I can just picture you, with your new mellinial required half black brats, tattoos, body piercings, designer STD's, and hooked up inter-racially, just to prove how 'tolerant and hip' you are!!!
black brats? wtf? and i have no tattoos, no piercings, no STDs, and i'm not "hooked up inter-racially"

but none of that matters at the moment, because we're talking about your racist idiocy. you're just a troll, and scum like you aren't even worth the time for me to spend on responding to you. go join the klan where you belong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Household Products Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawsuits claims Aarons providing bed bug-infest... (Mar '12) Thu teresa kerr 130
News More jobs eyed for Arm & Hammer (May '10) Jul '16 beLOWthebelt 24
News Home Depot worker's 'America Was Never Great' h... Jul '16 InGodweTrust 29
Arrons a rip off and liers Jul '16 Cpulliam031561 1
News Home Depot: In A World of Hurt (Nov '07) Jul '16 Bill 236
News Texas Attorney General sues network marketing c... (Jul '07) Jun '16 Cynthia Gosney 5
News Can Medicine Boost Female Sex Drive? (Apr '07) Jun '16 Sarah 20
More from around the web