Starboard sues Office Depot for not h...

Starboard sues Office Depot for not holding annual meeting

There are 4 comments on the Reuters story from Jun 13, 2013, titled Starboard sues Office Depot for not holding annual meeting. In it, Reuters reports that:

Top Office Depot Inc investor Starboard Value LP sued the second-largest U.S. office supply retailer on Thursday for not holding an annual shareholder meeting to elect directors, an unusual step on the eve of a merger.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

hgtr

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#1 Jun 17, 2013
I would like to know what will happen to long time employees of these two companies once they do merge? Some of them have 15 years or more with these companies, are they just out in the cold? Shouldn't this be considered by the FTC before this merger is granted?
hgtr

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#3 Sep 23, 2013
Guest wrote:
They have and will continue to cut wages for managers as they have done to me. We are not refereed to as "Legacy" employees. My Salary cut was about 10% and I have been with the company for 16 years.
I'm sorry to hear that they are making these cuts! Did they say anything to you before hand? With the proposed changes (going toward services as opposed to supplies) I think we are all in for either layoffs or newly assigned title positions with less pay come November when this merger takes place. What do you think?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#4 Oct 23, 2013
I know for a fact that full-time hourly associates at my store got pay cuts earlier this year. Some of them got cut as much as 2 dollars an hour. I told the long time associates they should be worried because if there is going to be a time to lay people off, it will be after a merger. There is a reason the companies are merging and it's not because they are both doing great. Good thing I got out when I had a chance to.
OD sucker

Summit Argo, IL

#5 Oct 23, 2013
NC_OD_Dude wrote:
I know for a fact that full-time hourly associates at my store got pay cuts earlier this year. Some of them got cut as much as 2 dollars an hour. I told the long time associates they should be worried because if there is going to be a time to lay people off, it will be after a merger. There is a reason the companies are merging and it's not because they are both doing great. Good thing I got out when I had a chance to.
more pay cuts coming so if you missed the first you will get one now

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Household Products Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Franklin Resources Inc. Sells 629,062 Shares of... Jul 21 Anonymous 4
News Insider Selling: Lowe's Companies, Inc. (LOW) C... Jul 1 Goat nuts 18
News Bealls expanding stores (Jun '06) Jun '17 USS LIBERTY 6
How to choose Bathroom Mat? May '17 Marie Bacon 2
What are the best life hacks for keeping a hous... May '17 Sam Jaundrell 2
News Lowe's: Macro Tailwinds To Lift Quarter Results May '17 BOB 1
News Lowe's Companies, Inc. (LOW) Stake Reduced by H... May '17 BOB 1
More from around the web