Lowe's CEO's pay package rose in 2010

Apr 11, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Home Channel News

According to an Associated Press report , Lowes' CEO Robert Niblock's pay package rose to about $12 million in 2010, up 3% from the previous year.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Feb 17, 2012
Penguin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2011

Judged:

Now, there's a shock. I guess the belt-tightening that cost 1700 their jobs didn't apply to this greedy, over-paid, self-important bastard.
LeadH20Wreck

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2011

Penguin wrote:
Now, there's a shock. I guess the belt-tightening that cost 1700 their jobs didn't apply to this greedy, over-paid, self-important bastard.
AMEN!!!!!!
jtmba1

Newton, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2011

The increase Niblock got was in keeping with what management in the stores got and was less than what hourly workers got. Also, under his leadership the company had a better 2010 than 2009. If you pay for results, the guy got under paid. The foregoing does not mean I support all the decisions by the company such as reducing store management's bonuses AGAIN, taking away the $35 Christmas gift from all associates, restructuring the staffs of the store and more.
LeadH20Wreck

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

jtmba1 wrote:
The increase Niblock got was in keeping with what management in the stores got and was less than what hourly workers got. Also, under his leadership the company had a better 2010 than 2009. If you pay for results, the guy got under paid. The foregoing does not mean I support all the decisions by the company such as reducing store management's bonuses AGAIN, taking away the $35 Christmas gift from all associates, restructuring the staffs of the store and more.
You must be Niblock's girlfriend!
Old retired LOWES employe

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

Hmmm 1700 laid off now sales incentives removed from pay structures of the caring people on the floor. Hiring more and more low paid workers -- Lowes is quickly moving into WALMART HELL 'GREED'
Customer service spiraling downward --
SHORT TERM PROFIT -- LONG TERM FAILURE
Just look at GE and many other company's

IT is so sad to watch our once GREAT AMERICA go down and we can point fingers all around us BUT Corporate GREED is the biggest offender.

The great men and women who built this country are rolling over in their graves watch these MBA experts run our company;s into the ground.
AngryNinja

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Judged:

It is very sad to see Lowe's go down this road.
I thought they were different.. however I am sadly mistaken.
They are definitely going down the same road as WalMart. It is all Corporate Greed.
Seems like all of America is going down this road some way or another.
Very concerned and afraid of what the future holds for our children.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••