Did Home Depot Discriminate Against O...

Did Home Depot Discriminate Against Older Gay Employees?

There are 3 comments on the EDGE story from Oct 7, 2013, titled Did Home Depot Discriminate Against Older Gay Employees?. In it, EDGE reports that:

A former Home Depot employee filed a $100,000 lawsuit in California against the home improvement retail chain, claiming the company fired gay male employees during the 2008 financial collapse in order to save money, the New York Daily News reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Stolichnay

Knoxville, TN

#1 Oct 13, 2013
"As the New York Daily News reports, the Human Rights Campaign said Home Depot was one of the best companies for LGBT Americans to work at because of the company’s policies regarding health benefits to gay and lesbian domestic partners."

This is a good example of what happens when you cater to the homosexual activists. Are they grateful for all your "good deeds"? No, just the opposite. They turn on you in a heartbeat and sue you.
jgwentworth

Orlando, FL

#2 Oct 13, 2013
There's half a dozen lgbt individuals in my store, at various levels of employment - from cashiers to ASMs. They're all treated courteously and are more or less well liked. What's funny is that we're located in the deep south so we do get the occasional bible thumping moron associate, but they catch HR's fury full faced if they do much more than glare hard.

I've worked for lots of companies throughout my life, running the spectrum from neo-conservative to ultra liberal. THD seems about left middle.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#4 Oct 13, 2013
fr Oscar:

>If I even ought dude at my store was thinking of turning queer I'd fire him on the spot!!!<

Open wide for a HUGE lawsuit on your hands, then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Household Products Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More jobs eyed for Arm & Hammer (May '10) Jul 14 beLOWthebelt 24
News Home Depot worker's 'America Was Never Great' h... Jul 14 InGodweTrust 29
Arrons a rip off and liers Jul 6 Cpulliam031561 1
News Home Depot: In A World of Hurt (Nov '07) Jul 5 Bill 236
News Lawsuits claims Aarons providing bed bug-infest... (Mar '12) Jun 28 Amanda Williams 129
News Texas Attorney General sues network marketing c... (Jul '07) Jun 26 Cynthia Gosney 5
News Can Medicine Boost Female Sex Drive? (Apr '07) Jun '16 Sarah 20
More from around the web