Wyndham CEO: Appeal is strong for tim...

Wyndham CEO: Appeal is strong for time shares

There are 297 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 27, 2007, titled Wyndham CEO: Appeal is strong for time shares. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Franz S. Hanning, 53, chief executive officer of Wyndham Vacation Ownership since it was spun off from Cendant Corp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Curtis from Sacramento

Sacramento, CA

#24 Jul 7, 2007
I went to a TrenWest timeshare promotion with a friend on 1/28/07. They offer me a very good deal or so I thought. 6,000 points and free week at RCI for both of us and no maintance dues while I paid of the loan. for around $10,000 or $102 a month over ten years. At one point they ask for a credit card and had me sign a reciept. I told them I didn't want to put anything on a credit card and they told me it was just for a credit check. They gave me a briefcase at the end of the meeting saying copies of all my paper work was in it.I later found out they opened a credit card in my name whithout me knowing it and charged $12.799 to it and I didn't get copies any of the paper work. I talked to the the people at the Roseville office and asked for sighed copies of my paper work. They wouldn't give me a copy of my contract and instead gave me a copy of a security agreement saying I had bought 7,00 points for $12,799 and still had to pay the maintenance fees. This form wasn't the one I signed they had kept the last paged with my signature and changed the other pagers with the points and money on it. I'm still trying to get a copy of my contract and have now hired a lawer. I tryied disputing the charges with the credit card company but didn't have any paper work. I Even tried the better business beruau but they couldn't get a copy of my contract from them either. If we go to court I think I'll win because they can't show a judge my contract without proving they altered the other paperwork.
A Fellow Timeshare Owner

United States

#25 Jul 11, 2007
Fran wrote:
I am currently experiencing great disappointment in my timeshare which was Fairfield and is now Wyndham. I have owned for over 10 years and LOVED it but the customer service is almost non-existent now. I am a fixed week owner and no-one wants to help me. My unit has been damaged for over two years and I continue to pay all the fees with no compensated week. Can anyone offer any advise?
Can you give further details on the location Fairfield/Wyndham property you have, the damage that needs fixing, which exchange company you deal with, etc. to be able to assist you.
A Fellow Timeshare Owner

United States

#26 Jul 11, 2007
Hi there,
Need to know which property and unit you own, and the details on who you are attempting to contact, etc. in order to help you. We feel your pain. Thanks.
Uavshadow

Crossville, TN

#27 Jul 15, 2007
Who is the agent or give an email or number, I may be interested in purchasing.
retired agent wrote:
After owning 539000 points at Fairfield Glade Tennessee for 21 years, I have listed them with a local real estate agent & will be lucky to get 5% of my money back. I will NEVER go back there as they have removed all the Bibles from all the units, I asked mg't & got no firm answers, they said this was voted on by the Ass'n directors, I asked for minutes of the meeting & they refused to give them to me!! I asked for the Bibles, they would not tell me where they were.
Bymer

Garden Grove, CA

#28 Jul 24, 2007
Steve Wiley wrote:
Wyndham is overaold, using the name of the compnay they purchased TRENDWEST RESORTS, GO TO abc7news.com 2/27/07 and you can see the news items from a year long investigation in California or go to the plantifss in case number C05-01991 in Superior Court of the State of Califronia contras Costa County. Or the lawsuit against RCI out of Nevada or New Jersey, this is one of the largest frauds in the history of timeshare. TrendWest now Wyndham is oversald and has defrauded over 250,000 individuals at a cost of over $5 billion since 1989. Call the plantiffs in the case or Mr. Wiley in Livermore California nd you will get the entire story
Hello Steve, I am Wyndham Resort Timeshare owner too and I have a lot problem too. How can I join the lawsuit too? Please please let me know my email is [email protected] Thank you
Reality-based

Orlando, FL

#29 Jul 25, 2007
retired agent wrote:
After owning 539000 points at Fairfield Glade Tennessee for 21 years, I have listed them with a local real estate agent & will be lucky to get 5% of my money back. I will NEVER go back there as they have removed all the Bibles from all the units, I asked mg't & got no firm answers, they said this was voted on by the Ass'n directors, I asked for minutes of the meeting & they refused to give them to me!! I asked for the Bibles, they would not tell me where they were.
Let me see if I got this straight: You are ticked off because there are no bibles in the rooms??? If you care to have your story book of imaginary friends with you everywhere you go, then that's your prerogative. But do me a favor and not try to impose your taliban-like beliefs on me and everyone else who may not be of your persuasion. More power to the resort manager who may have been way too accommodating to you, instead of telling you to go jump in a lake with no life vest, but a ton of bibles.
EX-FAIRFIELD SALESMAN

Las Vegas, NV

#30 Jul 26, 2007
HERE'S THE DEAL !!!!
Fairfield / Wyndham FAIRSHARE PLUS POINTS SYSTEM WAS DESIGNED TO MAKE THEIR EXISTING CUSTOMERS BUY MORE POINTS (RELOAD)! IF YOU WANT OUT SIMPLY MAKE UP FLYERS AND PLASTER THEM AL OVER THE NEXT RESORT YOU END UP AT !!
ALSO BEAWARE THAT THE SALES DIRECTOR/VP AT THE RESORT WILL REALLY BE MAD BUT TO BAD YOUR AN OWNER, SO FOR THAT WEEK YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT OR CALL DAVID HAINES HE SOUNDS LIKE A DUMB RED NECK BUT GIVE HIM A CHANCE HE'S A VP OF SALES AT THE ROYAL VISTA IN POMPANO BEACH . IF YOU COMPLAIN TO HIM AND HE CAN GIVE YOU ADVICE ON HOW TO DUMP YOUR POINTS ASK FOR THE INSIDE SALES DESK ON THE 9TH FLOOR GO TO https://www.fairfieldresorts.com/ffr/resort/d...
AND PULL THE PHONE NUMBER DOWN AS THIS SITE DOES NOT ALLOW PHONE NUMBERS TO BE POSTED !! GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY THE DOUGNUTS
jkhayward

United States

#31 Aug 4, 2007
I own at Santa Barbara in Pampano Beach, FL and they gave us a month to pay two installments of over $750 each for a unit i haven't been able to use in over 2 years. I can't use it and I can't trade it either--not that I could easily trade it before. It seems we are being punished for owning fixed week deeded properties. We got an offer to pay us $1400 and refund our first insallment and forgive the second installment. In return they would give us points instead. When calling the number, no one would ever return our call. When talking to Wyndham, they say that note was a mistake. Help!
Fran wrote:
I am currently experiencing great disappointment in my timeshare which was Fairfield and is now Wyndham. I have owned for over 10 years and LOVED it but the customer service is almost non-existent now. I am a fixed week owner and no-one wants to help me. My unit has been damaged for over two years and I continue to pay all the fees with no compensated week. Can anyone offer any advise?
SANTA BARBARA OWNER

Las Vegas, NV

#32 Aug 5, 2007
WALK ACROSS THE STREET TO THE ROYAL VISTA GO TO THE 9TH FLOOR AND GO TO THE RECEPTION DESK ASK FOR EMMA AND TEL HER YOU ARE INTERESTED IN TAKING AN OWNER SURVEY (DO NOT MENTION YOU RPROBLEN TO HER)SHE WILL ASSIGN A DAY AND TIME FOR YOU TO TAKE A TOUR OR CALL THE ROYASL VISTA AND ASKED TO SPEAK WITH DAVID HAINES THE INSIDE SALES VICE PRESIDENT HE WORKS OUT OF THAT OFFICE HE CAN HELP YOU WITH YOUR PROBLEMS.
THE FACT THAT OU OWN A FIXED WEEK THAT AT A RESORT THAT HAS BEEN CONDEMMNED DUE TO HURRICAINE DAMAGE IS THE PROBLEM.
i HAVE ALSO HEARD RUMORS THAT IT MAY BE SOLD SO KEEP YOUR WEEK AND WAIT FOR A RESALE CHECK GOOD LUCK
EX FAIRFIELD SALESMAN

Las Vegas, NV

#33 Aug 5, 2007
CALL AN ATTORNEY AND SUE WYNDHAM FOR MISAPPROPRIATION OF FUNDS, THE SANTA BARBARA HAS INSURANCE RIGHT HURRICAINE DAMAGE IS THE REASON YOU CAN'T TRADE IT BECAUSE YOU OWN A WEEK AT A CONDEMNED PROPERTY AS OF RIGHT NOW, TWO YEARS IS A LONG TIME TO WAIT ON REPAIRS DON'T YOU THINK CALL DAVIS HAINES AT THE ROYAL VISTA AND ASK HIM TO GIVE YOU THE NAME AND NUMBER OF THE PRESIDENT OF YOUR PROPERTY ASSOCIATION, AND CALL AN ATTORNEY, ITS SOUNDS LIKE A POSSIBLE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT
WYNDHAM OWNERS UNITE

Las Vegas, NV

#34 Aug 5, 2007
CALL AN ATTORNEY
total dissatisfied

Las Vegas, NV

#35 Aug 10, 2007
THE RIPPED ME OFF I CALLE DMY ATTORNEY IGOT A REFUND OF MY DEPOSIT END OF STORY DON"T BUY TIMESHARE FROM WYNDHAM THEY ARE THIEVES AND CONARTISTS
Completely dissatisfied

United States

#36 Aug 12, 2007
would like to join a class action against Wyndham. [email protected]
Linda

Lakewood, WA

#37 Aug 15, 2007
In November of 2006 WorldMark by Wyndham launched it's Travelshare program. This program allows it's WorldMark Travelshare owner to book bonus time out as much as 42 days based on a tier schedule. They are allowed to pay 6 cents a point to book out 15 - 21 days. When calling Wyndham on this, I was told that this is not bonus time that it is travelshare. I stated that I didn't care what they chose to call it, anytime someone can purchase vacation time rather than using their points then I consider it bonus time. All members regaurdless of thier point ownership should have the same acess to unused units. That was the intent when I purchased my Worldmark timeshare. My timeshare contract has been made worthless by this program. I am unable to book out 13 months and have been unable to get bonus time. This program also allows the the higher tier owners unliminted abounts of "travelshare" time at 10 cents a points. This is why we are unable to schedule our vacations using our points.
Anne

United States

#38 Aug 17, 2007
tonight i went to a Wyndham presention in southern california they made it seem so delightful and so i was kinda iffy about the whole thing so i decided to do my own investigation im so glad i found this website and im so glad that i didnt have my checbook tonight i asked so many questions the guy was ready to kick me out but next friday i was suppose to go back to give them some money im calling that man tommorow and telling him that i no longer have a interest in buying anything thanks people u saved my booty!!
RI Sheila

Providence, RI

#39 Aug 20, 2007
I purchased a fixed week timeshare at the Santa Barbara Resort & Yacht Club in 2004. I am going into my third year and have never been able to use it. I have paid my maintenace fees every year and have never been there. Fairfield has sold out to Wyndham and all owners are now being told we have to pay an assessment fee of $1300 with no projection of when the resort will reopen! I am interested in joining in a class action suit against Wyndham Resorts. [email protected]
hugh jardon

New York, NY

#40 Aug 29, 2007
tony,you should be mad at yourself because your job does not pay.hate the game not the player.i guess you watch t.v. and you think those people you watch get paid?i guess you probably could not pass the cpq test to get hired so you want to put highly paid people down.wake up tony.get a job.
Tony wrote:
This article is very misleading about the timeshare business. Fairfield Resorts sales employees brag about making $40,000-$50,000 per month while working only 30 hours. They do that my lying, misleading and cheating customers. They lie about the resale values, the ease of reselling and the usage or availability and don't always disclose the annual fees. This business is not regulated nearly enough and their recruiting metthods lure every salesperson looking to get rich quick, regardless of their tactics.
Jack in Michigan

West Jordan, UT

#41 Sep 5, 2007
I would be most interested in joining a class-action suit. I have recently tried to give my week away and the charities will not even accept it. Fairfield was bad enough, Wyndham is even worse.
robin

Gwynedd Valley, PA

#42 Sep 11, 2007
i'm a new fairfield-wyndham owner. back in the winter,i bought on ebay for what i felt was a great price ($1300). i was happy. i told my friends.

settlement took an aggravating nearly six months (settled in july 2007). now, having never once stayed overnight in a resort, i received a special assessment for...how much?$1300, thus doubling the price of the property and my blood pressure.

in trying to achieve some kind of satisfaction,(payment plan, anything), i have already today spent two hours on the phone. i have been transferred elevan times, sometimes back to departments who i'd already spoken to. i've been given two wrong numbers and i have to call again to work on this.

i am now exploring the possibility of handing this nightmare back to fairfield and cutting my losses.......anyone?
robin

Gwynedd Valley, PA

#43 Sep 11, 2007
my fairfield property is in florida. does anybody know what the law is governing the giving back of a timeshare in florida?

do i have any recourse against the title company? i was aware that there would be a special assessment. the selling agent said he didn't know how much it would be, but he'd never seen one over $300. i was billed at $1300.

i just spoke to the collections department. they can't accomodate me in a payment plan, so i've decided not to pay. eventually, they'll take the property from me and it won't be my problem. however a damaged credit rating may be. does anybody know how this might affect my credit?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hotels Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nice hotels deals Aug 4 dealsking 2
News Pitbull gives "Time of Our Lives" at the Amp Jul '16 kelly 2
News Utilities Suffer Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas... Jun '16 Solarman 1
New Program to Reduce Construction Costs in 2009 May '16 EMPIRE PROJECTS INC 1
News GE, Starwood warn North Carolina governor Apr '16 Shirvell s Shrivel 4
News 40-year-old man shot by sheriff's deputy outsid... (Feb '16) Feb '16 MS13SUX 2
News Seattle: Four Seasons Opens in Seattle; Bill Ga... (Nov '08) Jan '16 lukyk9 4
More from around the web