Smoke-free zone

Full story: Baltimore Sun

But smokers have chosen instead to light up on sidewalks and streets outside the hospital.
Comments
1 - 20 of 96 Comments Last updated Dec 12, 2008
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
mak

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Judged:

second-hand smoke is lethal? pretty soon you won't be allowed on the hospital grounds if you or anyone you know are friendly with someone who smokes who did smoke.

Unbelievable

Abingdon, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Judged:

I'd bet Gregory F. Schaffer was once a smoker.
Reform smokers are as bad as born again Christians.
I see this as a way to take the focus off crime in the city of Baltimore and nothing more.
Until the city wakes up and understands tobacco smoke is not killing the people, people are killing each other, they can believe and legislate until the cows come home, but it ain't going to make one ounce of difference in our city that bleeds.

Since: Aug 08

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Judged:

mak wrote:
second-hand smoke is lethal? pretty soon you won't be allowed on the hospital grounds if you or anyone you know are friendly with someone who smokes who did smoke.
Don't give them any ideas.

“Fredneck County Md”

Since: Feb 08

Small Town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Judged:

Boycott bullimer.
Wow

Germantown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Judged:

Why don't they just make it illegal to smoke at all? Maybe they will actually use the death penalty in this state since second-hand smoke is supposedly so deadly...

“Fredneck County Md”

Small Town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Judged:

Wow wrote:
Why don't they just make it illegal to smoke at all? Maybe they will actually use the death penalty in this state since second-hand smoke is supposedly so deadly...
The chances of the death penalty being used in Maryland with MOM in office are about the same as SHS actually harming anyone... ZILCH.
Pirate1001

Parkville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Judged:

Enough already, they are standing out in the cold to smoke WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT????

Remember, transfats, candy, alcohol are all next.
mike

Dundalk, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Judged:

its all about control and oppression on every level, and not just smoking
DCG

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Judged:

Face it folks, we are now living in a Polise State. The fundamental elements of our Constitution has been chipped away slowly but surely. And FYI...at Carroll County Hospital they will stop and issue you a citation if you are smoking in your own car on the hospital's parking lot. It's a scary time.
NoDemPublican

Severna Park, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Judged:

Smoking and second-hand smoke are more proof that you can get a majority to vote against almost anything, for the obvious reason: the majority don't engage in most activities.

What about a full ban on the city/state/nation's really big killer: alcohol? No... probably too many doctors, lawyers and social engineers still drink.

“Tell it like it is.”

Since: Nov 08

Berlin, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Judged:

I don't smoke and I don't care where they smoke, it's their right.

“Fredneck County Md”

Small Town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Judged:

DCG wrote:
Face it folks, we are now living in a Polise State. The fundamental elements of our Constitution has been chipped away slowly but surely. And FYI...at Carroll County Hospital they will stop and issue you a citation if you are smoking in your own car on the hospital's parking lot. It's a scary time.
Well please don't get caught. But while you're their, do feel entitled to empty your ashtray on their parking lot!
conservative

Mount Airy, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

who is the hospital going to call, the state police. the crash and burn troopers have nothing better to do?
Happy Contented Soul wrote:
<quoted text>Well please don't get caught. But while you're their, do feel entitled to empty your ashtray on their parking lot!
smokestack

Rosedale, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Whats so bad about born again Christians?
Shutup

Windsor Mill, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Judged:

Jesus, people. It isn't a police state. I hate when people use that term. You don't know how freaking lucky you have it in this country. The fact that someone at a HOSPITAL doesn't want to get cancer walking around a medical campus doesn't infringe on your rights, because it isn't your effing property. Shut up, grow up, and find another place to smoke.
PS-those of you who do smoke, remember me, the taxpayer who votes to ban smoking when you're in the hospital with lung cancer and Medicare is footing the bill.
just candid

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Judged:

DCG wrote:
Good for them!!! I'd like to see them impound your car and let you spend a night in the slammer.

Since: Feb 07

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Judged:

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion:

the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases,

while the citizens may act only by permission;

which is the stage of the darkest periods of

human history, the stage of rule by brute force.

Ayn Rand

“Fredneck County Md”

Small Town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Judged:

Shutup wrote:
Jesus, people. It isn't a police state. I hate when people use that term. You don't know how freaking lucky you have it in this country. The fact that someone at a HOSPITAL doesn't want to get cancer walking around a medical campus doesn't infringe on your rights, because it isn't your effing property. Shut up, grow up, and find another place to smoke.
PS-those of you who do smoke, remember me, the taxpayer who votes to ban smoking when you're in the hospital with lung cancer and Medicare is footing the bill.
Shutup.

“Fredneck County Md”

Small Town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Blue-Eyed Lady wrote:
I don't smoke and I don't care where they smoke, it's their right.
Thank you.

;-)

“Fredneck County Md”

Small Town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Judged:

just candid wrote:
<quoted text>Good for them!!! I'd like to see them impound your car and let you spend a night in the slammer.
Sorry to burst your ignorant little bubble, but a citation, does not equate to car impoundment, or a night in jail. Not even in barehole county.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hospital Administration Discussions

Search the Hospital Administration Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
St. Elizabeth Community Hospital picketed (Aug '08) 5 hr Joan P 9
Akron man shot, two others hospitalized in sepa... 5 hr Tu Hung Lo 9
Concert to benefit Fitchburg man in fire Aug 17 jtn 4
Man in Clifton Park car fire critical at burn c... Aug 14 Mike Campanella 1
Standstill in fatal stabbing (Apr '08) Aug 13 cat 8
Bridgeport man shot during fight Aug 12 BPT 2
Father of 2 girls shot at house party near Rialto (Sep '08) Aug 10 valerie Garcia hi... 84
•••
•••