Rialto girl, 8, found hanging from bu...

Rialto girl, 8, found hanging from bunk bed

There are 15 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from Oct 10, 2008, titled Rialto girl, 8, found hanging from bunk bed. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

An 8-year-old girl found hanging from her bunk bed died Wednesday in the 1300 block of North Alice Avenue, police said Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

dizzyanne

Columbia, SC

#1 Oct 10, 2008
Don't try to pass this off as an "accident for God's sake!! WHEN are people going to WAKE UP and start addressing childhood suicide??! I had a 10 yr old nephew who hung himself back in 1982 and I dont see a damn thing that has changed in all these years, WE HAVE GOT TO WAKE UP AND START PAYING ATTENTION TO OUR CHILDREN'S PROBLEMS IN THIS SOCIETY!! YES, CHILDREN DO have stress, YES, they DO kill themselves. And NO, little to nothing has been done to call attention to this epidemic!~ R I P darling girl, the pain is over now ~
pak31

Bolingbrook, IL

#2 Oct 10, 2008
It is really sad that a child would be that sad to do this but I realize it does happen. Now obviously this girl had a lot on her plate. She was only 8 years old, so that's 2nd grade or possibly 3rd? There were problems in her life since her own mother doesn't even live with her. One of the articles said that police checked her computer, cell phone and text messages for any sign of distress. Um, an 8 year old having her own computer, cell phone and texting?? That is a bit mature for a little kid to have. Also, does anyone find it odd that an 8 year old was doing homework at 6 am? She was found a 7 and hadn't been heard from for almost an hour. Everyone leads different lifestyles so it's hard to judge but for only being 8 years old that's a lot. S
a mom

Taylorsville, NC

#3 Oct 10, 2008
There is a 'game' that kids are teaching each other called the 'choking' or 'fainting' game among a lot of other names and children all across the U.S. and other countries are dying from it. Their innocence along with the trust of their youth is how it takes their lives. It has been found across 'you tube' and in playgrounds and schools. Check the internet and you will find the mourning parents of these kids trying to get the education out to the public when many schools will not admit it goes on there. It is played younger and younger kids being taught it and it has been around in some form or another for generations from reading what some grandparents have even written. I know of this because I found out after one of my children stayed at a friends house and a few days later I was forced to bury him when he tried it on his own.
Tracey

Long Beach, CA

#4 Oct 13, 2008
God bless this little angel.

“Brutally honest”

Since: Jun 08

Redlands

#5 Oct 13, 2008
she was found @ 705pm.

God Bless this child and her family.
SHIMINIMINA

Murrieta, CA

#6 Oct 13, 2008
pak31 wrote:
It is really sad that a child would be that sad to do this but I realize it does happen. Now obviously this girl had a lot on her plate. She was only 8 years old, so that's 2nd grade or possibly 3rd? There were problems in her life since her own mother doesn't even live with her. One of the articles said that police checked her computer, cell phone and text messages for any sign of distress. Um, an 8 year old having her own computer, cell phone and texting?? That is a bit mature for a little kid to have. Also, does anyone find it odd that an 8 year old was doing homework at 6 am? She was found a 7 and hadn't been heard from for almost an hour. Everyone leads different lifestyles so it's hard to judge but for only being 8 years old that's a lot. S
you are a idiot you think that having a cell phone and a computer is what happend to this girl? How in the hell does a eight year old even know that they would die maybe she was acting out what she seen someone else do, or maybe some one coerced her to do this to herself, then they could not be busted for her murder, maybe she saw it on television, but do not blame it having thing that you are obviously jealous of not having yourself
Carrie

Lewisville, TX

#7 Oct 16, 2008
shim, I am sorry for anyone like you who thinks that this was all not too much for a small child! Sounds like she was treated like a teenager. Children are not allowed to be children. 20 some odd years ago Jean Peaget wrote a book on this very topic, "The Hurried Child" and how this effects the mind.... It has gotten so much worse, and you dear are ignorant, if you think this is healthy for an 8 year old!!!
classmates mother

Downey, CA

#8 Oct 16, 2008
shim I know the family personally and it was not HER personal computer, phone or texts... it was family computer and phones.. this little girl was a very smart girl and no one but god will ever know what happen..
coltoneyga

La Puente, CA

#9 Oct 19, 2008
too many idiots on this site...#1 dizzyanne, one kid kills himself 26 years ago and its an epidemic?#2 pak31, it says call arrived 7:05PM you dolt.
SHIMINIMINA

Montebello, CA

#10 Oct 20, 2008
Carrie wrote:
shim, I am sorry for anyone like you who thinks that this was all not too much for a small child! Sounds like she was treated like a teenager. Children are not allowed to be children. 20 some odd years ago Jean Peaget wrote a book on this very topic, "The Hurried Child" and how this effects the mind.... It has gotten so much worse, and you dear are ignorant, if you think this is healthy for an 8 year old!!!
having a cell phone and a computer at the age of eight did not cause this girl to kill herself, if she did in fact kill herself, I think that if she did kill herself it was a terrible accident, or like I said, maybe someone coerced her to do this, I also really doubt that scenario also. As far as having a computer, children need computers to do school work and they are a good way for kids to learn. Most eight year olds who do have computers are not even really interested in any thing but playing games or doing art. so carrie shut up a yo face
yes on 8

United States

#11 Oct 20, 2008
why does this topic link keep on resting itself, want it the last time at 40
john doe

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Oct 20, 2008
This story stenches of foul play, wake up inland empire.
SHIMINIMINA

Shafter, CA

#13 Oct 24, 2008
Carrie wrote:
Dont be sorry for me, you are the one who is an idiot, how in the he..... is it not good for an eight year old to have a computer? computers are a way of learning for all people. I hardley think that this eight year old was on myspace or looking up adult websites. What have you been doing on your computer? If this girl had a cell phone, or a computer, it did not make her hang herself, maybe you talked her into killing herself, and that is why your comment reaks of guilt, BITC.
cierra

Covina, CA

#14 Nov 29, 2008
i think maybe the devil planted a seed in her mind and told her to do that cause why would a 8 year old girl hang herself
Lori

AOL

#15 Dec 9, 2008
I am a former resident of Rialto. I left in 1972 but remember it well.
It does not take much for any child to get bad ideas with Tv, radio, news,these days. Classmates can be hard on children as well as adults. But something is wrong when a child contemplates suicide,whether it be sexual or not. Where the hell were the parents. But an 8 yr. old still has a mind of their own, regardless of what we think.Blaming others does not bring her back. I want to send my regards to the family,and say to this child RIP
No one knows the real reason except her and God. She could have been molested and afraid to tell. She could have just been afraid.
Who knows. But,let us all learn from this and keep a closer eye on our chidren and Grandchildren,our family members young and old and get better educated as adults.
God Bless You Angel

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Industry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cost of EpiPen: Senators' daughters call for ac... 3 hr Retired SOF 2
News Mylan promotes Bresch to president (Jul '09) 8 hr Benny 3
News Officials: Zika won't hurt South Florida touris... Tue WeTheSheeple 28
News US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -... Tue Rainbow Kid 3
News Police ID couple in Knightdale shooting (Jul '12) Aug 20 Sorry 5
News TV show calls Hazard unhappiest city (Nov '09) Aug 19 tear drop 127
News Jackson Laboratory to get nearly $12M for addic... Aug 14 s 1
More from around the web