Class action suit targets hernia mesh...

Class action suit targets hernia mesh manufacturer

There are 40 comments on the The Independent and Free Press story from Jan 14, 2010, titled Class action suit targets hernia mesh manufacturer. In it, The Independent and Free Press reports that:

Kristie Pells of Georgetown is a representative plaintiff in a class action lawsuit in Canada against a company that manufactured a mesh used for hernia repair.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Independent and Free Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Elaine

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Jan 11, 2013
Hernia repair meshes, just like bladder slings, have been surrounded with controversies that describe their safety and effectiveness on a different light. While side effects are inevitable in various treatments, it's daunting to know how these devices may even cause potentially life-threatening complications to women whose only wish was to be relieved of their prolapse or incontinence. I came across some information at http://www.bladderslingrecall.us that could be of great help to people concerned and interested.
Sally

Paradise Valley, AZ

#24 Feb 9, 2013
A string of inadvertent effects have been reported to occur as a result from using hernia mesh. Bladder slings, similar to hernia mesh devices, have also been reported to cause serious injuries in some women. It's best to know more about these products prior to undergoing surgery to possibly prevent unnecessary health risks. More information about bladder sling implants may also be found at http://www.bladderslingrecall.us
Anna

Brooklyn, NY

#25 Feb 11, 2013
It may come as no surprise if mesh manufacturers are being met with legal challenges. Most of surgical mesh devices have been seen to cause complications instead of providing relief for women suffering from severe symptoms of UTI or POP. Added information about the risks tied to bladder mesh implants is also featured at http://www.bladdermeshlawsuit.us/symptoms-of-...
Laura

Redlands, CA

#26 Feb 24, 2013
I may not be doing this right; and believe me, I will answer this if it is directed to my email.

I have had over a dozen hernia repairs each with a mess. Lately, after a laposcopic hernia repair, I developed abdominal pains and from an upper GI endoscopy, I found that my mesh is enflamed. How do I know when the mess was installed and what kind it was?
Patrick

Winter Garden, FL

#27 Nov 12, 2013
I had Bard3D mesh in 2008 for double hernia repair, that ultimately led to my bladder being stuck by adhesions with mesh wrapped around it, prostatectomy in 2013 resulted in bladder laceration caused Davinci procedure to be converted to open prostatectomy which lengthened my hospital stay to 5days instead of 1, blood loss was more significantly and end result is nearly complete impotence and ED. Now I have chronic low pelvic pain and urinary incontinence and am now 7 months post op. Does anyone have info regarding legal action against manufacturer?
Patrick

Winter Garden, FL

#28 Nov 12, 2013
Laura wrote:
I may not be doing this right; and believe me, I will answer this if it is directed to my email.
I have had over a dozen hernia repairs each with a mess. Lately, after a laposcopic hernia repair, I developed abdominal pains and from an upper GI endoscopy, I found that my mesh is enflamed. How do I know when the mess was installed and what kind it was?
You can request a copy of operative note , which should be part of you inpatient records. This would be from the medical records section of hospital or center you had surgery in. You may have to sign release to get copy. The record should contain the manufacture , serial or lot number , and type of mesh that was implanted.
Diane S

Denver, CO

#29 Nov 25, 2013
I have had numerous hernia surgeries and have had no relief. I suffer from constant pain, unable to have bowel movements, nausea, vomiting and unknown fevers. No one has a claim for this. The only case they are taking is trans vaginal mesh. Is there a law firm interested in a class action suit? I have been to numerous doctors and am facing another 2 more surgeries, because the mesh came apart and is wrapped around my bowels. Then in Jan 2012 I have to have another reconstruction and remove the pieces of mesh'
Edward

Denver, CO

#30 Dec 29, 2013
Diane S., Did you see Dr. Bruce Ramshaw? He is supposed to be a top world wide surgeon and located in Florida.
jay

New Tripoli, PA

#31 Dec 31, 2013
A little different post than the others. Hernia repair about two years back with mesh. Since then a lot of gaseous disturbance tha I never had before. Normal result of surgery or do I need to consult another doctor?(Not sure if surgical robot was used!!!)
Herve Bedard

Campbell River, Canada

#32 Jan 9, 2014
I had an hernia repair done (sept 2008) laparoscopic and mesh install short time after the mesh rolled and became a hard lump so I went for a 2nd surgery (jan 2010) open surgery that time,I felt pain and disconfert almost instantly so they check and the second mesh was rolling again so the 3rd surgery(july 2010) open again they sow the mesh to my pubic bone,I"m now in pain and I cant work,they say I have a condition call Meschodenia (permanent nerv damage).I dont know what type or name of mesh but I could use some help.Thanks
James

Joplin, MO

#34 Jan 14, 2014
I had a double ingianial hernia a year and a half ago. The right side repair has been giving Me real pain for several months, My Dr. Has ordered a CTScan. Can anyone tell Me what I should expect next? This pain while sitting feels like a knife pushing outward toward my right leg. Thanks for any comments
James

Joplin, MO

#35 Jan 14, 2014
Also I ask my Dr. Prior to surgery if the mesh He was going to use was one of the recalls I've heard about. He replied No this is a new thinner mesh, however I have heard of many of His patients after a year had to have another surgery. Why would this be happening? Thanks for comments
Richard

Philippines

#36 Jan 14, 2014
Seth wrote:
You are typical of someone who posts and doesn't respond. I don't think you really want anyone's help you are just a complainer, Elizabeth
Seth, you ask many silly questions and expect someone to spend time answering them? It does not matter when Elizabeth had the operation, she said she had pain right after the operation and it has continued for months.
It does not matter if the operation was open or lapascopic, months later should be no pain.
nichelle hauser

Cleveland, OH

#37 Jan 24, 2014
it killer me the mesh was go into into my tession it make me real sick then went it again for a other damn surgery yall own me some i have suffer for a long time it yall fault
wkavanaugh

Locust, NC

#41 Sep 8, 2014
I had ABDOMINAL HERNIA REPAIR AND HAD TO HAVE ALL MESH REMOVED. HUGH INFECTION. TWO SURGERIES LATER I AM FINALLY GETTING WELL. I NEED AN ATTORNEY WHO WILL HELP ME SUE THE PARIETAL MANUFACTURER.
wkavanaugh

Locust, NC

#42 Sep 8, 2014
I had abdominal hernia repair with parietex. Infetion was severe...two susrgeries and antibiotics later. I am finally healing. I need a product liability lawyer. Other lawyers in my state tell me it is useless to sue the susrgeon.
richsgirl

Corona, CA

#43 Apr 2, 2015
My boyfriend. Ad a inguinal hernia repaired with mesh in August and is still exhibiting tenderness and discomfort and that feeling that something not quite right waiting for another referral to b seen ..what suggestions,warnings,resources ,do you have if any and how do we know if it is related to the suit filed
Allen

Joplin, MO

#44 Apr 3, 2015
suz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am in need of the same info. Two of these bad boys are in me from 07 and. 08. Life has been a mixture of prescribed narcotics and nerve blockers since. Pain is off the charts. Please share any info!!!!!!
Resurch and find a Surgeon that does not use any kind of mesh and You will be happy You did. I had a double hernia several years ago and recently was able to have the mesh removed and so far the Pain level went from a 10 to a 2. There is hope. May God bless You with relief.
Allen

Joplin, MO

#45 Apr 3, 2015
Elizabeth wrote:
I had a hernia repair a while ago and have been suffering with pain since shortly after the operation. I am seeing my doctor in the next few weeks to hook me up with thesurgeon who did the repair. Is there anything I should know before going to see him? Perhaps I should be a part of this class action. Please advise.
Thank you, E. Tripp
All the mesh being used for hernia repair is bad, It's plastic and it expands and contracts with heat or cold, thus it's always moving and can and most of the time it effects nerves that causes us a great deal of pain.if you have mesh, try and find a good Dr. To remove it and use the near by Muslem to stitch closed the area in question. As far as any law suits, I recommend staying away from class action suites, because the Attornies will get about 90% of your money said and done. Talk to anyone that's been evolved in a class action suite. I hope my info has been helpful to anyone in pain with mesh and anyone looking at a hernia repair. I Pray no one has to go through the kind of pain I was in and still recovering from mesh removal....
Allen

Joplin, MO

#46 Apr 3, 2015
Elaine wrote:
Hernia repair meshes, just like bladder slings, have been surrounded with controversies that describe their safety and effectiveness on a different light. While side effects are inevitable in various treatments, it's daunting to know how these devices may even cause potentially life-threatening complications to women whose only wish was to be relieved of their prolapse or incontinence. I came across some information at http://www.bladderslingrecall.us that could be of great help to people concerned and interested.
3008. I Pray you will get real relief. All these plastic devices expand and contract ( move ) with body temp changes, once tissue starts to connect to the mesh, the problems start and get worse with time. These Mesh products do not care if your a woman or man, they will hurt you, cripple you and can kill you. The Drug and Food Administration only to often approves products and Drugs, So above or under the table, people get paid to approve Drugs and medical devises. The only real happy camper is the Phamisudical Industry. Everyone should get together and launch a law suite to make these people accountable. Be sure to get a copy of you Dr's operative Report for any hernia or any surgery you have. You will then know the name of company that made the device, or mesh installed. You will be glad you got this report. Prayers to all those in pain, tha our God will lesson Your pain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Industry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News TV show calls Hazard unhappiest city (Nov '09) Aug 26 Acceptance is Good 129
News Cost of EpiPen: Senators' daughters call for ac... Aug 26 californio 6
News Standstill in fatal stabbing (Apr '08) Aug 25 David G 9
News Mylan promotes Bresch to president (Jul '09) Aug 24 Benny 3
News Officials: Zika won't hurt South Florida touris... Aug 23 WeTheSheeple 28
News US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -... Aug 23 Rainbow Kid 3
News Police ID couple in Knightdale shooting (Jul '12) Aug 20 Sorry 5
More from around the web