EPMC requires flu vaccine for all its staff members

Val Lambiase, RN, MSN injects Ann Lundquist , MSW, LCSW with a dose of flu vaccine. Full Story
So much

Estes Park, CO

#1 Sep 21, 2012
for a persons right to choose what they want to do with their body or what to put in it. What happens if innoculations are against a persons religious beliefs? Can they not work at EPMC? What is an employee has a pre-existing condition that a flu shot would complicate? What about pregnant women or those allergic to ingredients in the flu shot like eggs? Can they not work at EPMC? What if you just don't want the dog gone thing? And who the heck smile when they are getting a shot:) Just weird.
EstesNative

Bloomington, IL

#2 Sep 21, 2012
They can opt not to get the shot and wear a surgical mask..did you read that? You have to remember there is a nursing home with elderly people that are more susceptible...its a good idea.
It is a horrible idea

Estes Park, CO

#3 Sep 21, 2012
If you had to get a gun shot to work at EMPC, would you do it? Just because someone says you have to duck and cover when the bombs go off, doss that mean you have tattoo it. And when we live in utter harmony, and the world of jackets rips and tears, do we always (music swells) have to park our tanks, beneath the leftover carport stares?
Flu Vac Side Effects

Winnipeg, Canada

#4 Sep 21, 2012
You hear stories about chronic fatique syndrome and even narcolepsy after flu vaccination. I'll just flake out on the couch for a week if I even get the flu. Many people don't know the difference between a cold with flu-like stmptoms and real flu. They also believe they don't get the flu because of the flu-vac when they never would have got it anyway.
d__RN

Bothell, WA

#7 Nov 22, 2012
I am a nurse that works in the acute care setting. It is fundamentally wrong to force flu vaccines in any environment. We should all have the right to decline having any drug, for whatever reason. Healthy choices should be encouraged by education, not forced. Who should decide what drugs should be forced? The government? Pharmaceutical companies? Employers? As a nurse, I certainly do not want to be the one who administers a drug not wanted by the patient. All drugs have risks, including the flu vaccine. The question is, do the benefits outweigh the risks. That should be decided by individuals, as members of a free society.
Vaccines Maim Kill

Winnipeg, Canada

#8 Nov 22, 2012
d__RN wrote:
I am a nurse that works in the acute care setting. It is fundamentally wrong to force flu vaccines in any environment. We should all have the right to decline having any drug, for whatever reason. Healthy choices should be encouraged by education, not forced. Who should decide what drugs should be forced? The government? Pharmaceutical companies? Employers? As a nurse, I certainly do not want to be the one who administers a drug not wanted by the patient. All drugs have risks, including the flu vaccine. The question is, do the benefits outweigh the risks. That should be decided by individuals, as members of a free society.
Well said. Vaccines and pharma are dishonectly marketed. Look at "miracle drug" VIOXX. MERCK killed between 55,000 and 250,000 with this faulty, fraudulent product, but MERCK owners and employees and FDA employees who approved it faced no criminal charges and served no prison time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Industry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ebola monitoring inconsistent as virus spread 21 hr Elise Gingerich 1
Man shot dead in south suburban Harvey (Sep '12) Sun Really 12
Ebola monitoring inconsistent as virus spread Sat CorruptedMedia 1
Health Officials See Breach in Ebola Protocol a... Oct 18 barefoot2626 84
Oneonta residents speak out after beating of co... Oct 17 Streetrunner 1
Man in Clifton Park car fire critical at burn c... Oct 16 need a friend 2
a Texas hospital denies breach of Ebola protocols Oct 16 Jeff Brightone 1

Healthcare Industry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE