Food Lion to reintroduce Holly Farms chicken brand

Oct 9, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Poultry Times

WILKESBORO and SALISBURY, N.C., -- After being absent from retail grocery stores in the southeast for more than 10 years, one of the most well-respected national brands of fresh chicken is making a comeback.

Comments
21 - 31 of 31 Comments Last updated Nov 25, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Proud to be Yankee”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Helenvanlith Pittsboro nc wrote:
Please stop injecting "Natural" or any other kind of broth into my Meat. I avoid injected meat, but this package had a food Lion sticker on the 12% injected info. Holly Farms--- Just give me the chicken, with no alterations.
Ain't nobody injecting nothin into MY meat.
Kathy

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

Nothing like spending 8.00 for holly farms chicken thighs and opening the package to cook dinner only to have two dead flys folded in the thigh!!!!!!!

“Proud to be Yankee”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Kathy wrote:
Nothing like spending 8.00 for holly farms chicken thighs and opening the package to cook dinner only to have two dead flys folded in the thigh!!!!!!!
Eeeewwwwww.
Reader

Waxhaw, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Thanks for the warnings. Won't waste any money on their chicken.

As a matter of fact, Food Lion in Marshville is pretty much a waste of time and money itself.
It's got to be one of the worst in their chain.
Zysla

Franklinton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

I am disappointed that Tyson has taken over Holly Farms. I have stopped buying Tyson Chickens The chickens are always dirty , full of lesions. Chickens have become tasteless. The chickens have become too big. By forcing growth of the breast the growers have invented a completely different bird. It really is hard to find chickens that taste like they did years ago and it seems to be getting worse. The last time I was trying to buy chickens I could not find one that weighed les than 5.5 pounds.
a consumer

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2012

veedubbub wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a market manager for Food Lion in Mooresville, NC..in fact..it's Kathy Burn's (president) home store..All commercials are filmed in my store..many vp's shop in my store as well..I have tried numerous times to reach Tyson regarding the careless packaging of their product..I have to scrub my chicken section 3 times a week due to poor packaging and leaks! I see a quality control rep from Perdue once a month! Never met anyone from Tyson with 8 years in the business!
So why does the store continue to stock the product?
MADDASHELL

Kernersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

MY WIFE PURCHASED SOME HOLLY FARMS BONELESS CHICKEN BREAST AT A LOCAL FOOD LION YESTERDAY.AFTER ROLLING THEM IN PLAIN FLOUR AND FRYING THEM UP, I TOOK ONE BITE AND TOLD HER THIS CHICKEN TASTE SALTY. HAVING HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE I HAVE TO WATCH WHAT I EAT WITH SODIUM IN IT. WE TRIED EATING MORE OF THE CHICKEN AND IT WAS LIKE OCEAN WATER. SHE DUG UP THE PACKAGE AND BEHOLD THE BACK OF IT SAID CONTAINS NATURAL CHICKEN BROTH WITH SODIUM. FOLKS I GREW UP ON A FARM AND THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FRESH CHICKEN THAT YOU KILL HAVING NATURALLY 160-180MG OF SODIUM INJECTED INTO IT.MY BLOD PRESSURE WENT UP DUE TO THIS EXTRA SODIUM TO 160/98 FACE TURN RED AND HAD TO TAKE EXTRA MEDICINE TO GET IT DOWN, WHAT A JOKE THIS COMPANY HAS BECOME. THEY ARE INJECTING THIS CHICKEN
TO HELP WITH PRESERVING IT AND TO ASSIST WITH TOTAL WEIGHT,YOU'RE BUYING SODIUM WATER. NEVER AGAIN WILL THIS HAPPEN TO ME. BEWARE CONSUMERS OF HOLLY FARMS BRAND!!!!
Franks Natural Chicken

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Friends-- Do your chickens be stankin' when you open up the package? Do you catch the Salmonella virus from eating bad chicken? Do you open up the package only to discover that you have to pluck and repluck those dam little feathers somebody at the processing plant missed because they can't hardly see and need to go to the eye doctor?
If you can answer yes to these and other potentially embarrassing and insulting questions then I have a deal for you. Just come by the A-1 office and I will get my net and catch you one of these aggravating chickens that have been roosting in my Persimmon Tree. We will ring it's neck and pluck it right there behind the tax office and you can take it home and fry it while it is good and fresh. Yummmmm! Stop by and get one today. Price depends on size and how much trouble I have to go to to catch that little sucka!
Joe

Asheboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

We bought a chicken for Thanksgiving. Looks like it didn't make it across the road. I have
pictures. That chicken was beaten to death. It was abused. I want a refund. I have pictures.
Paul

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Who couldnt forget the #11 "Holly Farms" sponsored NASCAR racecar of Cale Yarborough? The car that made the 77 Olds Cutlass famous.
Kyle Cale Rusty Ernhardt

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Remember the Holly Farms 400 at North Wilksboro, NC best damn short track racing ever. I lucked into a personal tour of Junior Johnson's garage one year and he gave my girlfriend and I pit passes (along with a shot glass of the crystal clear liquid refreshment he is known to produce)Man those were the days when racing was for real men, not the puss-boys of today.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grocery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) Tue Star On 47 90
Moms Demand Action Calls On Kroger Family Of St... Tue Bubbletoes 3
Meijer donates $500,000 to American Red Cross a... Aug 7 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 1
Oakville Museum Hosts Emancipation Day Family P... Aug 4 today in Halton 1
Belleville shopper charged with sticking needle... Aug 4 The Decline Of St... 1
Tinley Park Jewel-Osco Salmonella Test Results ... Jul 24 concerned citizen 1
Kroger Buying Shaw's? (Apr '10) Jul '14 watson 1,195

Search the Grocery Forum:
•••