Kroger Buying Shaw's?
Peter Martinez

Shanghai, China

#1170 Nov 6, 2013
No money - no honey! is.gd/OwycZW
Sure to go

Woodstock, CT

#1171 Nov 12, 2013
Just found out that our maintenance guys got laid off. Guess they are all done this week.
watson

Barnstead, NH

#1172 Nov 12, 2013
Thanks WILL, works like a charm [ ad blocker]
M
will

New Gloucester, ME

#1173 Nov 13, 2013
Glad to be of assistance, watson...

Returning to the topic at hand, are there any other instances of maintenance staff being laid off?
Sure to go

Woodstock, CT

#1174 Nov 13, 2013
How many stores do the maintenance guys do? Wonder if this is a sign that we might close after the holidays, especially after the guy taking pictures and now this.
Tim D

Danvers, MA

#1175 Nov 14, 2013
Why haven't they replaced any of the fired store managers?
Howie

Bradford, VT

#1176 Nov 15, 2013
Tim D wrote:
Why haven't they replaced any of the fired store managers?
Fired store manager became grocery manager in my store
Tim D

Danvers, MA

#1177 Nov 19, 2013
Howie wrote:
<quoted text>
Fired store manager became grocery manager in my store
That must be akward!
Thomas

Sunman, IN

#1178 Nov 26, 2013
Can you please take our quick 10 question survey for a school project. The link is provided below, thanks.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XN6D8B2
robert

Blackstone, MA

#1179 Nov 26, 2013
interesting article about albertsons.
http://supermarketnews.com/retailers/75-and-c...
will

Portland, ME

#1180 Nov 26, 2013
Bob Miller says all the right things, but are the banners (particularly Shaw's) practicing what he preaches? I'll believe his words when they start investing for real in service, renovations and price. And they need to stop the Supervalu-era silliness like having both Shoppers Value AND Shaw's brand milk in the dairy case. It's the same damn milk!
Gameboy

Lawrence, MA

#1181 Dec 11, 2013
This thread is dead .Still ridiculous expectations on payroll and store conditions. People still getting fired or leaving the company.Shrink is way out of control and they want to know why? Prices are starting to creep up because there is no quicker way to cover shrink than to raise prices.Hellmanns mayo went up to 5.49 a jar from 4.99 but we have an everyday low price on it. Give me a break! Anyone who pays that for mayo is stupid but that's my opinion. Wait till after the holidays people!!!!
Frankenstein

York, ME

#1182 Dec 11, 2013
Yes,Gameboy, I do believe the hammer is gonna drop. They hate us. Even though we bust our butts to try to keep our jobs, they don't want us. :(
no hope

Boston, MA

#1183 Dec 15, 2013
the road to increase sales and trust in the company is through employees . we lack both.
will

Portland, ME

#1184 Dec 15, 2013
Star Market to Anchor Boston Garden Project
http://supermarketnews.com/retail-amp-financi...
Katie

Cohoes, NY

#1185 Jan 7, 2014
The Methuen warehouse is negotiating a new contract again. Maybe we all should go union. They were out of work for 20 weeks and got their jobs back. The replacement workers were sent home.
Tim D

Danvers, MA

#1186 Jan 7, 2014
Katie wrote:
The Methuen warehouse is negotiating a new contract again. Maybe we all should go union. They were out of work for 20 weeks and got their jobs back. The replacement workers were sent home.
I wish the union would come to us in the stores. We need them!
Barbara W

Woodstock, CT

#1187 Jan 15, 2014
Well we were told yesterday Shaw's Webster is closing on or before Feb 20th, we were also told Medford is closing too. Presumably by the same day.
Tim D

Danvers, MA

#1188 Jan 15, 2014
Barbara W wrote:
Well we were told yesterday Shaw's Webster is closing on or before Feb 20th, we were also told Medford is closing too. Presumably by the same day.
Yup, heard that today. I wonder if that's all?
Barbara W

Woodstock, CT

#1189 Jan 17, 2014
According to the Medford Dispatch on Wed., my store in Webster and the Medford store are the only two to close at this time and there are" no plans to close other stores in the near future." Exactly what they said when they closed the stores in August and Sept. So give them another 3-4 months. After all it is in the best interest of the company we were told.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grocery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Neilson Dairy sold to Saputo (Oct '08) Wed while they rob u 15
News Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) Jun 25 Gold Dust 94
News Save Mart buys Albertson's stores (Nov '06) Jun 8 Walmart 196
News 'I apologize to the LGBT community': Texas past... Jun 6 Jimmy 2
News Kroger to sink millions into Columbus area, wit... May '16 Contrarian 1
News Kroger to offer online ordering service at Sand... May '16 Apollo13 1
News Pastor Who Accused Whole Foods of Slur on Cake ... May '16 lavon affair 2
More from around the web