Tim D

Danvers, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Anyone hear anything about the big meeting today?
Barbara W

Woodstock, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Didn't even know there was a big meeting, our store director was in our store. What time was the meeting suppose to be?
Supa Shaws

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Heard prez visited Bidd the other day and store managers had big pow-wow in Mass last week.
no hope

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

No help in stores don't add hours don't go over 8hors full timers send help home leave loads in stock room on and on and on. Big joke
Unsure

Biddeford, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Yes the prez did visit Bidd on one of our slowest days since the Basket opened. There have been meetings after meetings lately but no one is saying anything.
Barbara W

Woodstock, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

So how are we suppose to turn things around? We had self scanners installed yesterday and went over the new Rachel Ray Dinnerware promo. I not sure this promo will do anything for us except waste our time.
Oh and cost us money we don't have.
no hope

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

All we hear is cut cut cut no help but get the loads up it's now back to school and there is No Help here and all the district moves on up do not neutrality shaws had the chance to increase volume and blew it Big time by cutting gel poo and jamming up stockbrokers Ther Is No Hope Now
Frankenstein

Lewiston, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

What????
Transfer

Monomoy Island, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

Barbara W wrote:
So how are we suppose to turn things around? We had self scanners installed yesterday and went over the new Rachel Ray Dinnerware promo. I not sure this promo will do anything for us except waste our time.
Oh and cost us money we don't have.
Rachel Ray promo is a desperate attempt to drive sales. To earn 4 place settings, you need to spend $3,200.00 between now and Christmas...really? I don't see too many carriages with $200.00 orders...every week...every month...ridiculous!
Transfer

Monomoy Island, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Supa Shaws wrote:
So why is store managers going to a mandatory meeting in Ma 9/22/13...what's up with that?
9/22 or 8/22??
Can

Charlestown, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

Just close the doors, it's all over.
Frankenstein

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Your negativity is really bringing me down! We need to surround ourselves with positive energy.
Barbara W

Woodstock, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Not really negative, just tired and overworked. Positive energy is all well and good, but it doesn't put extra people on the floor to help, and now with the new return policy, you have to re-ring the item and zero it out which needs an override every time. we don't have enough people on the front end to cover this and you can't override yourself. Plus we have to make up these stupid announcements every twenty minutes. Announce to who the other clerks. We have all just had enough, but hang on none the less. Oh and smile while you are getting yelled at because the customer can never find anyone to help them.
Frankenstein

Lewiston, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

I understand completely. I was just being snarky.
Gameboy

Andover, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

We are worse off now than when supervalu owned us.
There is no way out of this mess with the amount of help in the stores. Cerberus is an investment co. looking for profits. They dont know how to run supermarkets.
Tim D

Suffield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Gameboy wrote:
We are worse off now than when supervalu owned us.
There is no way out of this mess with the amount of help in the stores. Cerberus is an investment co. looking for profits. They dont know how to run supermarkets.
that is so true. They gave all these expectations but no help to do it. We are expected to dedicate out heart body and soul to Shaws and have no life. It's a lot to expect, especially from part time workers!
will

Penobscot, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Cerberus has to hold on to Shaw's and the other banners they acquired from Supervalu for 18 months - after that, all bets are off. Keep that timeline in mind with all the changes they are making. Bottom line - they are NOT making any long-term investments.
will

Penobscot, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Interesting developments (to say the very least) at Delhaize this week. The US chief is out after less than a year, and now the banners report directly to Brussels. Sounds to me like the first step in a US exit. I wouldn't be surprised if Bi-Lo/Winn-Dixie got Food Lion, with Kroger getting Hannaford. What say you guys?
Transfer

Monomoy Island, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

It's time to BOYCOTT Shaw's for the way they treat their employees and customers. Where I shop, management refuses to handle customer complaints/phone calls.
will

Penobscot, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Transfer, have you complained to Dan on the Shaw's Facebook page?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,081 - 1,100 of1,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grocery Discussions

Search the Grocery Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) Jun 29 Beanie Shoemaker 87
Sobeys to close 6 grocery stores in Manitoba Jun 29 Eric and Sanjay 2
The close: Banks, insurers push TSX higher Jun 28 TSX games 1
Empire Company Limited Upgraded to "Sector Outp... Jun 28 TSX games 1
Wyoming police release surveillance photos of M... Jun 28 Who 3
About 50 underperforming Sobeys stores to close... Jun 27 IGA lost market share 1
Former Sobeys CEO made $5 million (Feb '13) Jun 26 Funk 5
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••