Kroger Buying Shaw's?
Paul

AOL

#1068 Jul 29, 2013
The news just stated 6 NH Shaws stores closing.Didnt say which ones,just that they are underperforming.
woker

Amesbury, MA

#1069 Jul 29, 2013
The Seabrook, NH Store is shutting down on Sept. 2nd. Just got the news!!!!
Paul

AOL

#1070 Jul 29, 2013
That means 5 more!
will

Portland, ME

#1071 Jul 29, 2013
I'm hearing Manchester and Goffstown are on the chopping block as well.
will

Portland, ME

#1072 Jul 29, 2013
Paul

AOL

#1073 Jul 30, 2013
That leaves exit 20,Tlton all alone to Market Basket.Until,Wal Mart finishes its Super Center.And that could take quite a while.
Howie

Raynham, MA

#1074 Jul 30, 2013
They came in yesterday and had my store manager clean out desk... Monday was last day nobody knows if transferred or what... Shane didn't like this person and wasn't fair store was number 1 in increased sales
Barbara W

Woodstock, CT

#1075 Jul 30, 2013
anyone know what these stores sales were like? My store is almost always dead and I can't figure out how we are staying open. I am told we are busier at night and on weekends, but Price Chopper is less than a mile down the street and they are always busy. Not to mention Market Basket is in the next town over.
Paul

AOL

#1076 Jul 30, 2013
Howie,what store was that in?
just want to know

Wakefield, MA

#1077 Jul 30, 2013
Howie wrote:
They came in yesterday and had my store manager clean out desk... Monday was last day nobody knows if transferred or what... Shane didn't like this person and wasn't fair store was number 1 in increased sales
What store
will

Lisbon Falls, ME

#1078 Jul 30, 2013
Well, once again Cerberus shows its true colors. Can't say I'm surprised. I wonder how many stores in Maine or Vermont are tagged for closure.
will

Portland, ME

#1079 Jul 31, 2013
Granted, the sign holder isn't an employee of Shaw's but of the liquidator, but his comments made me chuckle just the same:

“I used to shop at Shaw’s,” he said, smiling, struggling a bit to keep the sign (or really a conglomeration of signs all attached to one big stick) upright.“Now I shop at Market Basket. They keep their prices down.”

http://www.tauntongazette.com/news/x606648191...
closings

Laconia, NH

#1080 Jul 31, 2013
the article above mentions six stores closing in Ma. and Rhode Island. add to that the six in New Hampshire,,what about other places? any in Maine >> what is the total number of stores closing in this round of closings?
Barbara W

Woodstock, CT

#1081 Aug 3, 2013
So does anyone know what the meetings were about this week? Our store director was out for two days annd our CSM was there Tues morning. I know the stores spokesman says no more closings in the near future, but I don't believe him.
Transfer

Monomoy Island, MA

#1082 Aug 5, 2013
Barbara W wrote:
So does anyone know what the meetings were about this week? Our store director was out for two days annd our CSM was there Tues morning. I know the stores spokesman says no more closings in the near future, but I don't believe him.
SD transferred out this week. New district mgr. this week. Switching to Star Market! Good meeting!!
will

South Portland, ME

#1083 Aug 7, 2013
Stop & Shop's pullout from New Hampshire opens up some prime real estate and creates opportunities for Shaw's to pick up some market share. Hannaford is on record as having no plans to pick up any of the vacated Shaw's or Stop & Shop stores. Will Shaw's take advantage of the opportunity or will they blow it?
Barbara W

Woodstock, CT

#1084 Aug 8, 2013
Why open more stores when they have poor sales in the stores they already have. Perhaps an advertising campaign to promote their "lower" prices would be more effective. Hearing lots more rumors about more stores closing only this time I am hearing Feb.
closings

Laconia, NH

#1085 Aug 8, 2013
To give a perfect example of why shaws are closing/seeing out and now more closings.
I live very close to the tilton,nh store .I never go in but I did 3 days ago just to look around and I needed one thing.
in every aisle they have small posters telling you the marked down/goingout of business price .
I went to the paper towel aisle and looked at all paper is 20 per cent off. The toilet paper I normally buy at M.B. or walmart was marked down 20 per cent .I looked at the poster and with a 20 per cent mark down it was exactly the regular price at M.B and walmart ... that is how out of wack their prices are ..and they can't figure out why they are going out of business..... this is just the beginning !
Barbara W

Woodstock, CT

#1086 Aug 9, 2013
Managers called into the office today and told they had to cut more from the schedule. Another $2000 out. How do they expect business to improve when customers are already complaining that there are not enough registers open (there is only 1 and maybe 2)they get pissed and don't come back, we are losing business hand over fist. Not even sure the sales are totally getting set up and the store director is worried about the stock room getting cleaned up?
robert

Blackstone, MA

#1087 Aug 13, 2013
heard rumors of more lay offs this weekend. Maybe 300.
so lets see:
can't hire because of hiring freeze.
must keep OSAT up
cut the shrink
keep going after sales
don't let the customer wait in lines up front
departments are to be opened until at least 9PM.

And who do they think will be able to do this
my department doesn't have the personal for this.
My district mgr is telling people hold in there because we're starting to turn the corner. It will be better for shaws to open new stores then to keep the 12 stores they closed open.
Who is he kidding...
Well I'm off to work now lets see how many hours they cut from me this week.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grocery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Neilson Dairy sold to Saputo (Oct '08) Mar 28 ELSIE the BORDEN COW 17
News Report: Target and Kroger Discussing Possible M... Mar 23 non Target shopper 1
Rhea Manor Natural Market Feb '18 rheamanornaturalm... 1
News Kroger selling its convenience store unit for $... Feb '18 Gritty 1
News Evening Update newsletter: Loblaw, foreign buye... Feb '18 Bigger issues no ... 1
What's Missing in the Meat Case Jan '18 Anon 1
News Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) Jan '18 GHoo 103