Kroger Buying Shaw's?
Tim Do

Danvers, MA

#1005 Jun 20, 2013
We were given 10,000 for a number and that seems about right. Have no clue how we are getting them up. No extra help has been added. The prices didn't look Loki anything special. I don't really believe this will turn the company around like they think it will.
will

Portland, ME

#1006 Jun 20, 2013
Do you think the Rewards card is going away, as has happened (or is about to happen) at Albertsons and Jewel-Osco?
Barbara W

Woodstock, CT

#1007 Jun 20, 2013
That would be nice, people are always saying how there are too many cards, and why can't the store just give everybody the sale price. I have to agree, have a sale and give it to everybody, I think that would build more loyalty.
will

Portland, ME

#1008 Jun 20, 2013
Barbara W

Woodstock, CT

#1009 Jun 20, 2013
Hope this includes Shaws/ Star and all the other stores in the new chain.
Tim Do

Danvers, MA

#1010 Jun 20, 2013
Yes, I heard the cards are going away. If you turn them in you get a free 12 pack of sada. That's the rumor anyway.
Barbara W

Woodstock, CT

#1011 Jun 21, 2013
This seems to be the new trend. Went to Big Lots the other day and was told they had discontinued their Buzz card. Of course their card was kinda worthless anyway.Gave no discount, just if you had so many $25 purchases you got a discount. But anything under 25 did not count.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#1012 Jun 21, 2013
I see they are still offering their " buy 4 items for $10.00 and also their 10 for 10 ...still playing games instead of just giving good prices and clean rest rooms..thats all we want !
They insist on playing the same old stupid games ..If they continue with them they will go out of business
Tim Do

Danvers, MA

#1013 Jun 21, 2013
Stores in my area have had people walking out, department managers and assistants. We ad 2 walk out this week!
Jeffrey

Monomoy Island, MA

#1014 Jun 21, 2013
Tim Do, curious what stores had walk outs and for what reasons? I too am an associate of Shaw's?
will

Portland, ME

#1015 Jun 21, 2013
ACME has slashed prices and dumped their card
http://acmestyleblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/bre...
Tim Do

Danvers, MA

#1016 Jun 22, 2013
Jeffrey wrote:
Tim Do, curious what stores had walk outs and for what reasons? I too am an associate of Shaw's?
Beverly had an assistant deli anger and Peabody had an acting deli manager both walk out.
Jeffrey

Monomoy Island, MA

#1017 Jun 22, 2013
Employee meeting today x2. I'll post later.
will

Portland, ME

#1019 Jun 22, 2013
So is it just managers who are taking a powder, or are the rank and file jumping ship as well? Are department managers part of the union?
Jeffrey

Monomoy Island, MA

#1020 Jun 23, 2013
Jeffrey wrote:
Employee meeting today x2. I'll post later.
Meeting cancelled.
Howie

West Sand Lake, NY

#1021 Jun 23, 2013
We had our meeting rewards card gone
will

Portland, ME

#1022 Jun 24, 2013
Some people will like getting rid of the card, but it's really a sign of Albertsons being cheap (not wanting to spend on maintaining a database) as with their short staffing. The consensus is that Albertsons lacks the expertise to properly analyze the shopper data to make best use of the rewards program.
Barbara W

Woodstock, CT

#1023 Jun 25, 2013
So when are we going to start advertising that there are "big doing's" on June 28th? I haven't seen anything. Are these thousands of customers suppose to get a psychic message or feel a disturbance in The Force?
Tim Do

Danvers, MA

#1024 Jun 25, 2013
Barbara W wrote:
So when are we going to start advertising that there are "big doing's" on June 28th? I haven't seen anything. Are these thousands of customers suppose to get a psychic message or feel a disturbance in The Force?
I was wondering the same thing. I have asked but never gotten an answer. I did see the flyer nd it's ok but not enough I don't think...
will

Portland, ME

#1025 Jun 25, 2013
It's official - the Rewards Card is gone baby gone! The card turn-in is redeemable for a $.99 12-pack.
http://darlenemichaud.com/shaws-flyer-628-74/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grocery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) Nov '16 Michelle 96
News America Loves Muslim Food. So Much for a Clash ... Sep '16 Stephany McDowell 12
News 'I apologize to the LGBT community': Texas past... (Jun '16) Aug '16 Scotty Steiner 15
ALDI Grocery Store (Mar '08) Aug '16 Iwillrun4fun 44
News Here's the best reason of all to drink organic ... Aug '16 Serratus Anterior 1
News Profits fall at Ingles Markets (Feb '09) Aug '16 true 94
Okay,,,so whats the deal with Shaws ?? (Oct '10) Jul '16 AnyoneElse 2
More from around the web