Kroger Buying Shaw's?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#965 Mar 29, 2013
Office cut backs at Farm Fresh office in Va. Beach. From shutting the Maintenance Department down to finance, manager of construction and merchandising. Wow. Next will be facilities?. Think Shopper's may take over facilities for Farm Fresh.
will

Lisbon Falls, ME

#966 Apr 3, 2013
I don't think the doings at Supervalu's remaining banners are necessarily off-topic so long as our new corporate masters (Cerberus et al) have skin in the game.
rocko

East Bridgewater, MA

#967 Apr 18, 2013
Anything new???
Lisa

Concord, NH

#968 Apr 18, 2013
rocko wrote:
Anything new???
From a consumer's point of view, nothing new on this side. Still appears to be the same ambivalance that Super Valu had. The sales are a bit lack luster. No changes at my store.
Tim Do

Danvers, MA

#969 Apr 19, 2013
We are doing massive cleaning. An almost imposable task. New company is asking why sales haven't gone up! SOSDD! Pathetic!
Mr Clean

York, ME

#970 Apr 20, 2013
We are being pushed even harder now than with the old company, but I realize things don't get better overnight. I still believe NAI can make this happen.
Cereal195

Campbell, NY

#971 May 7, 2013
How can Shaws be making a profit?
Tim D

Danvers, MA

#972 May 7, 2013
Anybody hearing anything about new uniforms? We heard about black pants and shoes but nothing official has been announced.
Barbara W

United States

#973 May 7, 2013
Nothing official about the black pants and black shoes, but our HR person did tell me about green button down shirts that we all get to tuck in.
robert

Blackstone, MA

#974 May 8, 2013
They came down today with the new uniforms:
front end black pants (no jeans) white shirt and cashiers black vest. Baggers get a black apron.
basically everyone else is : black pants, lite green polo shirt.(dept. heads and HR get a green dress shirt.) black apron, black hat. Lacarte gets a black chefs hat. Store mgr and asst store mgr get a uniform also.
I think PT gets 2 shirts and FT get 3 shirts.
Former Employee

Thompson, CT

#975 May 9, 2013
I think it's going to take a lot more than new uniforms to get customers back into Shaws.
Barbara W

United States

#976 May 11, 2013
So I guess we'll have to wait and see. It was posted in our breakroom , green polo shirts for everyone, nothing about white shirts. Vests for front end, all black shoes. Can be sneakers, but no logos or white shoelaces. All black. Pants have to be black and not jeans. Saw nothing about chef's hats, but chef's aprons. Nothing about managers etc.
Crp1

Crown Point, NY

#977 May 18, 2013
Noise wrote:
Hearing strong rumors of Shaw's being boughtKroger..........thoughts ?
. I love Kroger's. There store brands are of a high quality
Can

Thompson, CT

#978 May 20, 2013
I love Wegmans
Tim Do

Danvers, MA

#979 May 21, 2013
Did any one read about how we are expected to "suggestive selling" and how customers are loyal based on their shopping experience and not pricing? Sounds like the same old shit different owners!
Can

Agawam, MA

#980 May 21, 2013
That must be the reason everyone shops at Marketbasket because they are loyal and it's got nothing to do with pricing. Shaws better wake up and do something real soon, I think it's only a matter of time, you will see more closings and layoffs.
watson

Belmont, NH

#981 May 21, 2013
It is beginning to sound like Cerberus is fjust as full of shit as Shaws..all talk and no action..Been watching the weekly fliers for the last few weeks ..not much of a change..last week they beat M.B. with sirloin tips but eveuthing else was way over the M.B. pricing
will

Portland, ME

#982 May 21, 2013
Shaw's is supposed to transition to MyWebGrocer soon, but that still doesn't address the persistent pricing issues. Even at this early stage, I'm getting the feeling that Cerberus is just looking to get as much money for the real estate and leaseholds as they can and wash their hands of us. The only reason they bought us in the first place is because Supervalu insisted on selling all the chains they wanted to get rid of in one block.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#983 May 22, 2013
Will, Iam beginningto think you are right ,,,just a buy and sell it off in pieces ..get the best money ad run
mike m

Edgecomb, ME

#984 May 26, 2013
new rule .greet customers within 6 ft not 8 ft! Guess we should all just forget about hitting r.e's! Same old stuff.More work to do. Gold standards. Grand Opening Look Daily)( face entire store,No cutting f.O.G . And get no extra time!
Same old crap just a bigger pile!
Last week a Store manager walked out and Assistant st.Mng quit! heard 2 more(wells) truck drivers quit and are going to Walmart to drive! Red Flag. We will see in June if Cerebus is serious about competing as I hear prices are to start dropping!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grocery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'I apologize to the LGBT community': Texas past... Jul 7 OK kulas 3
News Altria Group: An Attractive Investment (Apr '14) Jul 5 Mugs mahone 2
News Safeway closing 9 stores in metro Denver (May '15) Jul 4 Leigho 4
News Neilson Dairy sold to Saputo (Oct '08) Jun 29 while they rob u 15
News Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) Jun '16 Gold Dust 94
News Save Mart buys Albertson's stores (Nov '06) Jun '16 Walmart 196
News Kroger to sink millions into Columbus area, wit... May '16 Contrarian 1
More from around the web