|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

will wrote:
Shaw's is caught in the crossfire of the price war with Market Basket. Just be thankful you don't work for Hostess Brands, which appears headed for imminent liquidation now that the bakery workers have gone on strike. Does Shaw's still get its own-brand baked goods from Hostess?
http://supermarketnews.com/retail-amp-financi...
A price war? The 2 are not even in the same league!
will

Gray, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

To clarify, it's the price war between Hannaford and Market Basket that I was referring to. Shaw's, as we know, is a sitting duck, as no further price investments are planned.
watson

Sanbornton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

I have sat in meetings where Hannafords has spoken openly about never taking Market basket on. I was in thses meetings when I worked for Hannafords. they are afraid of no one except market basket ..they have said out loud that they will never be able to truly challenge M.B. and hopes to simply live in peace with M.B. in its own territory
Tim Do

Danvers, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Something big happening on the 15th? That's the latest rumor. Anyone know anything?
knowledge

Groton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Tim Do wrote:
Something big happening on the 15th? That's the latest rumor. Anyone know anything?
Date set by Supervalu for Cerberus to make a final buyout offer
will

Gray, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

@watson, if Hannaford ever had a "live-and-let-live" attitude towards Market Basket, it's over. They are in a blind panic over Market Basket in Manchester in particular. Delhaize is suing to stop Market Basket stores in Bedford and North Conway, NH and dramatically stepping up promotional activity. It's gotten so bad for them that even Brussels is publicly acknowledging the threat.
http://supermarketnews.com/retail-amp-financi...
Cereal195

Fayetteville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Do any of you work for any other company than Shaws if so are they looking for night crew clerks. Thanks
snackguy

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Cereal195 wrote:
Do any of you work for any other company than Shaws if so are they looking for night crew clerks. Thanks
roche bros had ad in today's boston herald
will

Gray, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Word has it there was a conference call today announcing that management wages are being frozen and other bennies and perks are being slashed or eliminated. Expect more management turnover and streamlining. I wonder if Sales is sharing in the sacrifices? I kid, I kid...
sugardaddy

Bath, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

will wrote:
Word has it there was a conference call today announcing that management wages are being frozen and other bennies and perks are being slashed or eliminated. Expect more management turnover and streamlining. I wonder if Sales is sharing in the sacrifices? I kid, I kid...
Kidding about the whole post or just the last sentence?
will

Gray, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Just the last sentence.

Since: May 07

Stockbridge Mass

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Carl Schlickler of Ahold USA is retirering and a new guy from England is coming in,James McCann.Have no idea how this will effect any purchaces of Shaw's stores in New England or the sale of SFW to Giant/Landover in Maryland.
sugardaddy

Bath, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

So what happened today?
will

Gray, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Bids were due on the 15th; it doesn't mean that any decisions have been reached. What happened today? Well, for one thing, Hostess Brands is toast...
Paul

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Hostess may live again...
watson

Sanbornton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

of course they will !
fred

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

five years later prices are still too high so no customers and no sales at shaws
Tim D

Cropseyville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

fred wrote:
five years later prices are still too high so no customers and no sales at shaws
it's so slow in the stores. You wouldn't even know thanksgiving is 2 days away!
Paul

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

I saw around 6 cars at the Tilton Shaws Sunday,while MBs parking lot was jam packed.If Shaws has no intention to lower prices,their demise will speed up.I fear when Shaws and Hannaford go bust,MB and Wal Mart will be obliged to raise their prices.Com petition is the only "check" on prices in the area.

Since: May 07

Stockbridge Mass

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Shaw's in Manchester Vermont is packed!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 781 - 800 of1,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grocery Discussions

Search the Grocery Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) Jun 29 Beanie Shoemaker 87
Sobeys to close 6 grocery stores in Manitoba Jun 29 Eric and Sanjay 2
The close: Banks, insurers push TSX higher Jun 28 TSX games 1
Empire Company Limited Upgraded to "Sector Outp... Jun 28 TSX games 1
Wyoming police release surveillance photos of M... Jun 28 Who 3
About 50 underperforming Sobeys stores to close... Jun 27 IGA lost market share 1
Former Sobeys CEO made $5 million (Feb '13) Jun 26 Funk 5
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••