Comments
781 - 800 of 1,196 Comments Last updated Thursday Aug 21
Tim Do

Danvers, MA

#801 Nov 9, 2012
will wrote:
Shaw's is caught in the crossfire of the price war with Market Basket. Just be thankful you don't work for Hostess Brands, which appears headed for imminent liquidation now that the bakery workers have gone on strike. Does Shaw's still get its own-brand baked goods from Hostess?
http://supermarketnews.com/retail-amp-financi...
A price war? The 2 are not even in the same league!
will

Gray, ME

#802 Nov 9, 2012
To clarify, it's the price war between Hannaford and Market Basket that I was referring to. Shaw's, as we know, is a sitting duck, as no further price investments are planned.
watson

Wolfeboro, NH

#803 Nov 9, 2012
I have sat in meetings where Hannafords has spoken openly about never taking Market basket on. I was in thses meetings when I worked for Hannafords. they are afraid of no one except market basket ..they have said out loud that they will never be able to truly challenge M.B. and hopes to simply live in peace with M.B. in its own territory
Tim Do

Danvers, MA

#804 Nov 12, 2012
Something big happening on the 15th? That's the latest rumor. Anyone know anything?
knowledge

Waltham, MA

#805 Nov 12, 2012
Tim Do wrote:
Something big happening on the 15th? That's the latest rumor. Anyone know anything?
Date set by Supervalu for Cerberus to make a final buyout offer
will

Gray, ME

#806 Nov 13, 2012
@watson, if Hannaford ever had a "live-and-let-live" attitude towards Market Basket, it's over. They are in a blind panic over Market Basket in Manchester in particular. Delhaize is suing to stop Market Basket stores in Bedford and North Conway, NH and dramatically stepping up promotional activity. It's gotten so bad for them that even Brussels is publicly acknowledging the threat.
http://supermarketnews.com/retail-amp-financi...
Cereal195

Syracuse, NY

#807 Nov 14, 2012
Do any of you work for any other company than Shaws if so are they looking for night crew clerks. Thanks
snackguy

Jamaica Plain, MA

#808 Nov 14, 2012
Cereal195 wrote:
Do any of you work for any other company than Shaws if so are they looking for night crew clerks. Thanks
roche bros had ad in today's boston herald
will

Gray, ME

#809 Nov 15, 2012
Word has it there was a conference call today announcing that management wages are being frozen and other bennies and perks are being slashed or eliminated. Expect more management turnover and streamlining. I wonder if Sales is sharing in the sacrifices? I kid, I kid...
sugardaddy

Freeport, ME

#810 Nov 15, 2012
will wrote:
Word has it there was a conference call today announcing that management wages are being frozen and other bennies and perks are being slashed or eliminated. Expect more management turnover and streamlining. I wonder if Sales is sharing in the sacrifices? I kid, I kid...
Kidding about the whole post or just the last sentence?
will

Gray, ME

#811 Nov 15, 2012
Just the last sentence.

Since: May 07

Stockbridge Mass

#812 Nov 16, 2012
Carl Schlickler of Ahold USA is retirering and a new guy from England is coming in,James McCann.Have no idea how this will effect any purchaces of Shaw's stores in New England or the sale of SFW to Giant/Landover in Maryland.
sugardaddy

Freeport, ME

#813 Nov 16, 2012
So what happened today?
will

Gray, ME

#814 Nov 17, 2012
Bids were due on the 15th; it doesn't mean that any decisions have been reached. What happened today? Well, for one thing, Hostess Brands is toast...
Paul

AOL

#815 Nov 19, 2012
Hostess may live again...
watson

Wolfeboro, NH

#816 Nov 20, 2012
of course they will !
fred

Boston, MA

#817 Nov 20, 2012
five years later prices are still too high so no customers and no sales at shaws
Tim D

Hadley, MA

#818 Nov 20, 2012
fred wrote:
five years later prices are still too high so no customers and no sales at shaws
it's so slow in the stores. You wouldn't even know thanksgiving is 2 days away!
Paul

AOL

#819 Nov 20, 2012
I saw around 6 cars at the Tilton Shaws Sunday,while MBs parking lot was jam packed.If Shaws has no intention to lower prices,their demise will speed up.I fear when Shaws and Hannaford go bust,MB and Wal Mart will be obliged to raise their prices.Com petition is the only "check" on prices in the area.

Since: May 07

Stockbridge Mass

#820 Nov 20, 2012
Shaw's in Manchester Vermont is packed!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grocery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ALDI Grocery Store (Mar '08) Aug 25 Redman 41
Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) Aug 19 Star On 47 90
Moms Demand Action Calls On Kroger Family Of St... Aug 19 Bubbletoes 3
Meijer donates $500,000 to American Red Cross a... Aug 7 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 1
Oakville Museum Hosts Emancipation Day Family P... Aug 4 today in Halton 1
Belleville shopper charged with sticking needle... Aug 4 The Decline Of St... 1
Tinley Park Jewel-Osco Salmonella Test Results ... Jul '14 concerned citizen 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••