Gameboy

Lawrence, MA

#781 Nov 2, 2012
Shaws /supervalu thanks for reducing my grocery dept by 120 hours cause the matrix for my store says that I dont need the 3 full time people that have been removed from grocery. 2 were transfered and 1 was let go. But we still need to take care of our customers and stay positive. How can they expect the work to get done now? It wasnt 100% even with the crew that I had but it was OK. Now I dont know what we will do. Holidays with less help will mean more missed sales and more pissed off customers.Stigers you are a loser we are not a winning team and I dont know how you can be proud being president of this laughing stock!!
watson

Wolfeboro, NH

#782 Nov 2, 2012
stigers does not care about you,your help nor any of the customers.there is only one thing he cares about abd that is his bookeeping..the bottom line.. The hell with the employees aand the customers.the only thing is money ,,,he too will self implode within 6 months,,,and then SV will just end up doing what they should have done all along ,,,break up the company
will

Gray, ME

#783 Nov 2, 2012
Really stupid to cut back on store-level employees in the run-up to Thanksgiving and Christmas. Meanwhile, another of Herkert's lackeys has been sent packing...
http://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/news/20...
Tim Do

Danvers, MA

#784 Nov 4, 2012
We were to.d the customer service score OSAT, was just as important as always. REALLY? Hw do non existent employees service customers?
alicat

Norwood, MA

#785 Nov 4, 2012
The upper management in this co. are brain dead. They have to put out a more competitive ad and boost the sales. They are worried about the profit margin, but if the sales keep sliding your screwed. Improve sales first then worry about margin . It's the only way to turn it around. Its not as hard as you are making it. Supervalu had 8billion $$ in sales last 1/4 and can't make money???
Tim Do

Danvers, MA

#786 Nov 4, 2012
alicat wrote:
The upper management in this co. are brain dead. They have to put out a more competitive ad and boost the sales. They are worried about the profit margin, but if the sales keep sliding your screwed. Improve sales first then worry about margin . It's the only way to turn it around. Its not as hard as you are making it. Supervalu had 8billion $$ in sales last 1/4 and can't make money???
Agreed! If sales keep going down (and they will) are they going to keep letting people go? Can they really cut more? Who is next? Department heads, part timers?
alicat

Norwood, MA

#787 Nov 4, 2012
trying to cut back for the sale , hopefully the next guy has brains
watson

Wolfeboro, NH

#788 Nov 4, 2012
one thing to always keep in the back of your mind because itiis always at the very front of the minds of the top 5 people at supervalu:
A day to day numbers increse would atways be welcome. but that is not paramount to " The five "
profit margins are important but not paramount to "the five" because both the total sales on a daily/weekly basis is not their problem.the total profit margin is important but again not important and again ,because those numbers are not the fault of he five
The only way the new "top Five " get to keep their jobs
is if they can keep the numbers where they are and even very slowly begin to increase any of the other numbers .
Shaws is in a no win situation anything the "newest clown" who was stupid enough to take on the impossibe task of saving the company can do is If he can slowly increase any one of the measurements they use to show forward progress...I know a couple of ways they can do this but they arenn't likely to get ahold of me just as they are so effing smart that they wouldn't ask any of the old time present employees for advice,,,the answer is starring right at them but they refuse to see it and refuse to use it ,,,mostly because if they in fact read any of this , they are already so stuck on themselves as the gurus of the grocery world " they wpu;d never stoope so low ...they don't have the balls to ask the people who really know ...anyone who has anything less than a monet in their office is not smart enough to even ask ...
I have an original Renoir
Gameboy

Lawrence, MA

#789 Nov 5, 2012
What was that all about Watson??
Cereal195

Dracut, MA

#790 Nov 5, 2012
Shaws is going under jump ship now before they show you the door like they did to me.
fred

Boston, MA

#791 Nov 5, 2012
stigers is a puppet no brain and only cares about his money before he is let go no help means no sales
fred

Boston, MA

#792 Nov 5, 2012
we can only hpe that we are sold SOON
Nightstocker

Front Royal, VA

#793 Nov 6, 2012
Probably wont be soon enough. I say the sooner we are sold off the better. Better than dying a slow death.
snackguy

Boston, MA

#794 Nov 6, 2012
Anyone hearing rumors about market basket buying some of the stores
fred

Boston, MA

#795 Nov 6, 2012
mb bought northgate in revere and interested in stores on the cape

Since: May 07

Stockbridge Mass

#796 Nov 6, 2012
Lots and lots O rumors but many are waiting till election is over.
will

Raymond, ME

#797 Nov 6, 2012
Johnnie's Foodmaster just went under after 65 years - six stores going to Whole Foods (bringing their Greater Boston store count to 26) one store to Stop & Shop and the other three closing. Remember their disastrous fling with Supervalu (Save-A-Lot?) It failed within sixteen months.
robert

Milford, MA

#798 Nov 7, 2012
"The food retailer has given Cerberus extra time until mid- November to conduct due diligence" this comes from bloomberg
and yesterday one of the deli vendors tells us that they were told as of Novermber 15th all bills are being sent to kroger.
Take it as the lastest rumor, we all know how vendors are and, well this whole thing is all about rumors so...
knowledge

Waltham, MA

#799 Nov 7, 2012
robert wrote:
"The food retailer has given Cerberus extra time until mid- November to conduct due diligence" this comes from bloomberg
and yesterday one of the deli vendors tells us that they were told as of Novermber 15th all bills are being sent to kroger.
Take it as the lastest rumor, we all know how vendors are and, well this whole thing is all about rumors so...
From your post to gods will!!
will

Gray, ME

#800 Nov 9, 2012
Shaw's is caught in the crossfire of the price war with Market Basket. Just be thankful you don't work for Hostess Brands, which appears headed for imminent liquidation now that the bakery workers have gone on strike. Does Shaw's still get its own-brand baked goods from Hostess?

http://supermarketnews.com/retail-amp-financi...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grocery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moms Demand Action Calls On Kroger Family Of St... Dec 6 Independent1 56
OUR Walmart Demands Chain Pay $15/Hr., While UF... Dec 2 The Hack Checker 3
Sobeys to close 6 grocery stores in Manitoba (Jun '14) Nov '14 Eric 4
Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) Nov '14 TIREDOFIT 91
Jane Parker Fruit Cake is again available this ... (Oct '07) Nov '14 adriane 27
Police Arrest Mother With Child for Shoplifting Oct '14 Most Interesting Man 4
Incoming Supervalu CEO Duncan to make $1.5 mill... (Jan '13) Oct '14 fayebryant00 3
More from around the web