Kroger Buying Shaw's?

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#552 Aug 9, 2011
Anyone got any ideas as to how I can find out when the leases are up for certain shaw's stores? New Hampshire is my main interest...I know it is a VERY tough question but I know that I /we can do anything
Thanks

Since: Jan 11

Danvers, MA

#553 Aug 10, 2011
No one knows. We all want to know when our stores lease is up but no one seems to know or they arent saying.
Frank

Dallas, TX

#554 Aug 10, 2011
Would your town hall have that info?
will

Jefferson, ME

#555 Aug 15, 2011
A bit late on this one, but Merrimack, NH's long nightmare will soon be over - Shaw's is FINALLY giving up the lease at its former graffiti-laced eyesore at 356 Daniel Webster Highway. To say that Shaw's is despised in town for outrageous zone pricing and for letting its abandoned location deteriorate would be putting it mildly. Market Basket would put the remaining Shaw's out of business in short order, I suspect.
http://merrimack.patch.com/articles/silver-ma...
defiant one

Randolph, MA

#556 Sep 3, 2011
anything new here? any new rumors?
Gameboy

Lawrence, MA

#557 Sep 4, 2011
Shaws has great momentum and we are returning to be the #1 grocery retailer in the northeast!!!
At least thats what the President of Shaws keeps saying!!! What an idiot.
shawsrulez

United States

#558 Sep 4, 2011
As long as Shaw's keeps the Misfits that are posting on here then there WILL be problems...Keep up the negativity guys... Tell your neighbors Shaw's sux and keep wondering why sales are dropping. How about taking care of customers... What a novel idea... Whole Foods takes care of their customers,have higher prices and great numbers... Oh Yeah their employees aren't bitches and whiners
Gameboy

Lawrence, MA

#559 Sep 4, 2011
You can't expect people to come back to Shaws by greeting and thanking everyone. Oh yeah I tell all my friends and neighbors to come to Shaws. The prices are so much higher than all their competition but every employee says hello to me,it makes me feel welcome.Shawsrulez,how long have you been a misfit???You can't compare a Shaws to a Whole Foods.
tim ad

Danvers, MA

#560 Sep 4, 2011
shawsrulez wrote:
As long as Shaw's keeps the Misfits that are posting on here then there WILL be problems...Keep up the negativity guys... Tell your neighbors Shaw's sux and keep wondering why sales are dropping. How about taking care of customers... What a novel idea... Whole Foods takes care of their customers,have higher prices and great numbers... Oh Yeah their employees aren't bitches and whiners
What's worse is the misfits who don't work for shaws On here making comments when they haven't a clue what they are talking about!
tim ad

Danvers, MA

#561 Sep 4, 2011
defiant one wrote:
anything new here? any new rumors?
I heard Eastern Ave in Glocester is closing in October. As always this is a rumor and I don't know if it's true.
shawsrulez

United States

#562 Sep 5, 2011
tim ad wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard Eastern Ave in Glocester is closing in October. As always this is a rumor and I don't know if it's true.
Where you get your info... Do you work there? I have heard rumours of many store closing... Lynn, Salem,both Glocesters for years now and still nothing.
tim ad

Danvers, MA

#563 Sep 5, 2011
shawsrulez wrote:
<quoted text>Where you get your info... Do you work there? I have heard rumours of many store closing... Lynn, Salem,both Glocesters for years now and still nothing.
I just hear it from venders and truck drivers. The latest I heard was supposed to be from a good source. Still I don't know what's true or not. I had heard about Stoneham and Saugus for a long time before it happened so I usually think there is some truth to the rumors. You just never know. I never believe it's true until it happens though...
robert

Blackstone, MA

#564 Sep 13, 2011
Not that its big but I heard from someone that the stoughton shaws lease is up soon and that shaws isn't renewing it. Someone who was working there told me that the owner wouldn't fix things with the building for them because they were not going to renew there. (something like a couple of month left.)
Pats_fan

Boxford, MA

#565 Sep 13, 2011
robert wrote:
Not that its big but I heard from someone that the stoughton shaws lease is up soon and that shaws isn't renewing it. Someone who was working there told me that the owner wouldn't fix things with the building for them because they were not going to renew there.(something like a couple of month left.)
That particular store near Stoughton center is an eyesore, old, small, dark, smelly and dingy.
Just a few blocks up is a Stop & Shop and a few miles down is a newer Shaws in Canton. No reason to keep that Stoughton location open.
Steve

Marshfield, MA

#566 Sep 13, 2011
I was under the impression shaw's owned the stoughton store. thats the only reason they've kept it open this long.
Tim D

Danvers, MA

#567 Sep 14, 2011
Steve wrote:
I was under the impression shaw's owned the stoughton store. thats the only reason they've kept it open this long.
I believe shaws does not own any of their stores and leases them all.
will

Auburn, ME

#568 Sep 14, 2011
Actually Shaw's owns quite a bit of real estate which factored into the valuation Supervalu placed on the chain when it was being shopped around. It's the marginal leased locations mainly that are targeted for closure as the leases expire.
Tim D

Danvers, MA

#569 Sep 15, 2011
will wrote:
Actually Shaw's owns quite a bit of real estate which factored into the valuation Supervalu placed on the chain when it was being shopped around. It's the marginal leased locations mainly that are targeted for closure as the leases expire.
Excactlt which stores do they own? In almost 30 years this is the 1st time I have heard they own any of their stores. It certainly isn't in MA!
Agreatname ruined

Manchester, NH

#570 Sep 15, 2011
I have to agree, I am positive that all the NH stores have leases.
will

Jefferson, ME

#571 Sep 15, 2011
I stand corrected; WP Realty owns the Shaw's-anchored centers I was thinking was part of Supervalu's real estate portfolio.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grocery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Now at Whole Foods: Cheaper milk, 'farm fresh' ... Sep 19 a_visitor 5
Who does the shopping in your house? Do you? ... Sep 14 Sonja 1
News Ingles Markets, Incorporated (IMKTA) Reaches Ne... Aug 24 justwondering 1
Jane Parker Fruit Cake is again available this ... (Oct '07) Aug '17 Helen George 29
News That chicken from Whole Foods isn't so special ... Aug '17 hier is a liar 1
News Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) Aug '17 sarahleespring 99
News Billy Goat's famous 'Cheezborgers' coming to Je... Jun '17 AmPieJam UncleSam 2
More from around the web